Got to Have it Day-Yankee TSV 28/05/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SCW, you're missing out so much you know, QVC are rated one star (bad) om Truspilot for a reason, their prices and service is abysmal, they've changed so much since you were at school and doing your homework, so while other company's change, compete and adapt to the changing world of retail and offer what customers want, QVC refuse point blank to do this, or maybe America won't let them, it's their company after all so while you stick with QVC, a company who don't give a stuff about you, us savvy shoppers will get our better service and better prices from the retailers who value us, and Amazon, Groupon, Fashion World and Simply Be do, just to name four. :mysmilie_3:

QVC have made me a far more savvy shopper; I don't just look for lower prices for the items they sell, I do it for other retailers as well. Returning a pair of faulty Clarks boots led me to the Lotus website & from there to Soletrader for the same pair that were £13 pounds cheaper (£16 if I added on the p&p) & £33 cheaper than the pair I bought from the Q. I ordered them late on Saturday & they arrived at lunchtime yesterday, the fact that I prefer them to the original pair from Clarks is the cherry on the cake.

Hearing Catherine preaching yesterday about Skechers men’s shoes.
She said you have asked for men’s items you need to buy them etc...
So meaning if we don’t sell loads and loads, then we won’t be selling any to men

SCW, I reckon I can handle the truth, try me :mysmilie_506:

With what I’ve handled these last 25 years I think I too can handle something about candles as well.

:mysmilie_50:

Thanks DG, yes I knew Jocamo was part of them but wasn't quite sure about JDW, pretty much covered across the retail board me. :mysmilie_3:

It’s been difficult to explain and ever so tricky but glad we have pinned down the brands :mysmilie_11:

:mysmilie_17:

Happy shopping Shopper :mysmilie_3:

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a simplybe and Jacamo store in Belfast. It closed because of the massive Primark store fire which has basically cut Royal Avenue in two. Anyway always loads of people in there when I went passed.

It’s been difficult to explain and ever so tricky but glad we have pinned down the brands :mysmilie_11:

:mysmilie_17:

Dream Girl, we all know that means you don’t know! Or at least on this forum it does ...

:cheeky:

There is nothing showing on my order history and the drop isn't due for another few days, but with previous drops on this and other orders, they were only made available after the ADs had been dispatched so this is worrying me!

I can't face calling CS but I guess I'm gonna have to aren't I, GROAN - good tip re hinting a desire to cancel, love it!!!
Tarketta, I think you must ring CS to find out what is going on. It may be they are getting all the AD stock in another delivery. However I am pretty sure this has happened to me once before, ie the stock appeared as a Q item before coming out on AD. Best to check though because it is the Q after all. Good luck.

:mysmilie_59:

While you’re waiting, if you’re in Yankee Yearning Mode, and since we were talking about my recent jar purchase the other day, here are some sets on Groupon. I know some are a bit cinnamon-heavy for you but there are also some less common ones you might fancy? The prices are good at about £12.50 each but if you look around, or wait a day or two, you may get 10% off that (Groupon discount codes).

4 large jars for £49.99 - choice of 4 slightly different sets:

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/fou...&utm_campaign=four-yankee-candle-large-jars-4

6 large jars for £74.98 - choice of 3 sets

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/yan...page&utm_campaign=yankee-candle-large-jars-14

I like option 4 of the 4 set and it is great value but I am restraining myself. Now, I know nothing about Groupon except for the name but do you, or perhaps did you, have to pay a membership fee to belong? Or am I thinking of something else?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like option 4 of the 4 set and it is great value but I am restraining myself. Now, I know nothing about Groupon except for the name but do you, or perhaps did you, have to pay a membership fee to belong? Or am I thinking of something else?

Sorry to put temptation before you, Mazza. That Option 4 is the one I would have gone for, too. Although I did get a set of four from Groupon a few weeks ago, I am determined not to buy any more until at least March.

I stopped to think but I don't think you have to be a "member" to buy from Groupon. I know you did for Achica (now BrandAlley) and another similar one I can't remember the name of now. I just signed up for emails about 7 years ago, mainly for the deals (like discounted local courses, restaurants and cheap cinema tickets) but I have since got into the goods more. Like any site, you have to be savvy because definitely not everything is a bargain. They do have a lot of 10-15% off days, though, especially lately. Oh, and they send far too many emails. I wouldn't mind but the goods ones seem to be for the same things over and over so I don't always open the email.

Anyway, without sounding like their biggest fan (because I'm not for the reasons above), I'll just say I've had some great bargains, postage is usually only about £1.99 or free, things usually come quickly (or they warn you before you buy) and so far I've had no problems with the quality of anything I've bought.

shoppers have different experiences

SCW, you're missing out so much you know, QVC are rated one star (bad) om Truspilot for a reason, us savvy shoppers will get our better service and better prices from the retailers who value us, and Amazon, Groupon, Fashion World and Simply Be do, just to name four.

QVC UK trustpilot :star: trustscore = 2.4

Groupon UK trustpilot :star: trustscore = 1.1

Fashionworld trustpilot :star::star: trustscore = 3

No one's experience is less valid surely?

No one's experience is less valid surely?[
/QUOTE]

It is if we don't know what they are talking about.

Aren't the scores just a short-hand summary of the posters' views; I can't differentiate between the validity of Q reviewer or a Groupon one on trust pilot?

The experience I'm talking about is actually the facts, QVCs delivery is slow, postage is expensive, their items are dearer than anywhere else, they don't offer next day delivery, they don't offer free returns, delivery isn't capped they charge per item, if a piece is misssing the whole kit has to go back, if you don't get it it's a long drawn out process even though tracking states you haven't recieved it, likewise if ithey don't get your return, you have to again sign a letter and wait best part of a month for your money back even though you can prove it's been received and signed for. I could go on but basically this is what I'm talking about, facts not experience, but as usual......thanks anyway. :mysmilie_3:

Groupon's Trust Score is 3.4

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.groupon.co Are there are two scores for Groupon uk I looked at the first UK one I found in the list? I wonder why the scores aren't closer? Interesting.

It's also interesting how different the scores are for Groupon in different countries; I wonder whether there are different customer expectations culturally in different parts of the world, or the Groupon template is implemented differently even in neighbouring countries?

Personal reviews are just that, personal and subjective and they're helpful when deciding who to buy from but if I've had a good or bad customer experience with a company that would probably influence future purchase retailer decisions over those of a stranger leaving a review. We all have different experiences.

Apologies if I don't know what I'm talking about.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.groupon.co Are there are two scores for Groupon uk I looked at the first UK one I found in the list? I wonder why the scores aren't closer? Interesting.

It's also interesting how different the scores are for Groupon in different countries; I wonder whether there are different customer expectations culturally in different parts of the world, or the Groupon template is implemented differently even in neighbouring countries?

Personal reviews are just that, personal and subjective and they're helpful when deciding who to buy from but if I've had a good or bad customer experience with a company that would probably influence future purchase retailer decisions over those of a stranger leaving a review. We all have different experiences.

Apologies if I don't know what I'm talking about.

That is not Groupon UK

This is the right one https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/groupon.co.uk

I agree Sazza it's a review entry created in error where someone meant to review Groupon UK and a few others have added to it. It just was the first UK entry in the list when I searched for Groupon on Trust Pilot I did click on the reviewers to check they're UK based. I was just trying to say that people's experience of retailers varies I wasn't trying to mislead. It kind of illustrates my point...people's experience varies. Ideal World seems to have 2 entries too, with different scores.

:mysmilie_1:

People who've had bad "experiences" are always going to let it be known as opposed to the people who've had good experiences, the people who've had good experiences take it as the norm and naturally expect good service from a company you've given your money too. A lot of Ideal World reviews are about delivery, so that's more a Hermes problem, the likes of QVCs bad reviews are down to the products and receiving used goods, and postage, and refunds which is a QVC problem, so I think people who read these reviews have got the common sense to differentiate between the two.

I agree: the man on a Clapham omnibus has to filter reviews from his own experience and weigh up the risk in their own context.

Then there's the search engine's results that, for my search of Trust pilot, brought up the 1.1 star result from 41 reviewers far above the other UK entries from 4058 entries with a 3.4 average.

People who've had bad "experiences" are always going to let it be known as opposed to the people who've had good experiences, the people who've had good experiences take it as the norm and naturally expect good service from a company you've given your money too. A lot of Ideal World reviews are about delivery, so that's more a Hermes problem, the likes of QVCs bad reviews are down to the products and receiving used goods, and postage, and refunds which is a QVC problem, so I think people who read these reviews have got the common sense to differentiate between the two.

This is so true. I must admit, I don’t take too much notice of reviews for this reason. Personally, I rather like leaving a review for someone who has been especially brilliant, just to redress the balance in my own pointless way! On the other hand, when a company has let you down badly, it is good to give them both barrels in a review.

As an aside, I was radio station hopping the other day (at least I don’t risk getting QVC!) and on one they were talking about reviews for night clubs, I think on TripAdvisor etc, and saying how they are almost universally terrible. They read some out and I must admit they were really funny. The conclusion was, after a big night out and feeling rough, people are more likely to go online and vent by telling everyone how they had to queue for hours or got charged £10 for a beer, but unlikely to say how nice the toilets were or what good value it was.

Latest posts

Back