Get a life Katie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Just seen a couple of minutes of Katie P.with the Links of London pieces just before 10:00 & she is going into raptures about the L of L EXPERIENCE opening the box,bag etc.really? Then the gasping ionic Coral,I would expect to get the Crown Jewels not some insignificant piece of silver.Selling is one thing but these two are just plain daft.

I don't know about Katy Pullinger but Jilly Halliday was on with Coral this morning and Coral kept doing this false giggle / laugh that just made me switch off. Also she kept saying: "I know, I can't believe it." She sounded like a stuck record.

I worked in the City of London in the 1990's and remember one of the first L of L shops opening up. The window display was full of unusual beautifully designed substantial pieces of jewellery, unlike anything we could find in the high street jewellers of the time.

The business has moved on. It no longer trades on the unusual design, the extravagant use of silver. Nowadays it flogs lightweight run of the mill trinkets, the real star is the gift box/bag.

Coral is just awful and it just gets worse depending on the presenter.

She has a cooing way of talking you might use with a baby. I find it grating.

It's funny how some guests evolve and improve over time, like Jemma Forte for Molton Brown, while others just can't get past inane clichés.

I agree May, it's the same with Simon Dairylee and his "loads in store" tag line, you think his wife would take him to one side and say look Simon, you sound like a right tosser. I think he does it to wind people up though, maybe people have Tweeted about it, but if he is doing it to wind people up it says a lot more about him and the person he is, than it does anyone else.

Katy Pulloneover has swallowed the "How to be a QVC presenter rule 101" handbook. She's the female version on Simon Biagi, but beware, do not watch them both together though your cholesterol will go through the roof, they're cheese personified also, she's got that false laugh down to a fine art.

I know most black ladies wear wigs, but surely if you are going to be a regular on the tele it would be worth investing in a good one, rather than a cheaper option that looks like something worn in an amateur dramatics production!

'Katy Pulloneover'I love it. Are there any other alternative names for the presenters apart from Fibby Flint/Delboy, Chuntley, Spaniel Ears, JR/Queen Bee, Simon Dairylee, MeCharlie?

I agree May, it's the same with Simon Dairylee and his "loads in store" tag line, you think his wife would take him to one side and say look Simon, you sound like a right tosser. I think he does it to wind people up though, maybe people have Tweeted about it, but if he is doing it to wind people up it says a lot more about him and the person he is, than it does anyone else.

Who is Simon Dairylee?

'Katy Pulloneover'I love it. Are there any other alternative names for the presenters apart from Fibby Flint/Delboy, Chuntley, Spaniel Ears, JR/Queen Bee, Simon Dairylee, MeCharlie?

Ooooh plenty Twilight.........nothing that can be put in print though. :mysmilie_17:

Long before Q SB has always been know as Onion Bhaji
Jill F is know as “Flicky “ as when her hair was much shorter she was constantly (and I mean constantly) flick8ng it back.

some people in my opinion, are very easily pleased. I don't now, and have never got to why L of L is (a) so pricey and (b) so loved. C'mon folks it's silver nothing more than that - to me the cheapest of the metals and I own none of it.

Just channel hopped and landed on a Judith Williams hour, to which a serious JW says how much a single product costs, to which twee Katy replies utterly totally shocked at the price "are you being serious?!" Well Katy, we all know QVC is a joke but do you really have to make it so obvious?

I've just seen Katy Pulloneover (thanks, Shopperholic) with the Babyliss TSV. Blimey, the woman must have had a vast amount of sugar because she's soooooooo animated. The EMPHASIS on EVERY single ADJECTIVE is EXHAUSTING.

I've just seen Katy Pulloneover (thanks, Shopperholic) with the Babyliss TSV. Blimey, the woman must have had a vast amount of sugar because she's soooooooo animated. The EMPHASIS on EVERY single ADJECTIVE is EXHAUSTING.

Yes just had a look and I agree, she doesn't half spread that cheese thick. The before and after pictures are hilarious, they look so sad in the before picture, oh woe is me, look at my hair I'm so sad, what ever can I do? then bing! use a £49.98 Babyliss hair styling tool and it'll make your life so much better and happier. :mysmilie_8:

My son is firmly convinced that Katie P is a vampire every time he sees her on the screen he mentions it :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back