Abi Cleeve

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Look at her, on wearing a Theresa May style get-up - a beige top and chunky necklace - which actually looks vaguely stylish.

Why is wearing 2 watches - one silver, one gold? How bizarre. Now she's touting her overpriced cream droning on about lanellar technology and "linefill" (which is basically a bit of sesame oil).

I shelled out wads of cash for her neck/decollete cream which was supposed to be the new "in thing" and "really works". Ladies, it doesn't. I know, I know, I'm a fool, believe the hype. Used too much of it to send it back.

CC

I shelled out wads of cash for her neck/decollete cream which was supposed to be the new "in thing" and "really works". Ladies, it doesn't. I know, I know, I'm a fool, believe the hype. Used too much of it to send it back.

CC

CC you should have availed yourself of Q's much-vaunted 30-day MBG and slathered that cream on your neck for 29 days, then returned it regardless of how much you used. After all, the whole point of the MBG is to allow you to try the product and a neck cream is not the sort of cream one uses sparingly. I'm not suggesting people abuse the MBG to get a free treatment, but if you've bought an item in good faith and it really does fail to live up to the claims, you should have no qualms returning it.

I had to do the same with a laptop from HP - who are normally really good - because it turned out to be awful. I ended up pursuing it through the concierge at American Express when HP / Argos started being difficult.

I'd thrown the box away as well so couldn't really do anything except keep it. I'll know better next time.

Interesting though Julius that you had a rubbish HP laptop. Mr CC bought me one from Argos for my birthday and it is the biggest load of tosh ever, really rubbish. It is so slow I was thinking it should come with a cranking handle to get it going. Another thing that should have gone back.

CC

I'd thrown the box away as well so couldn't really do anything except keep it. I'll know better next time.

Interesting though Julius that you had a rubbish HP laptop. Mr CC bought me one from Argos for my birthday and it is the biggest load of tosh ever, really rubbish. It is so slow I was thinking it should come with a cranking handle to get it going. Another thing that should have gone back.

CC

I wonder if it was the same 10.1" detachable thing I got. It only has 32gb of hard drive so couldn't update its own operating system. It would crash with more than one window open at a time and the hard drive is not expandable. Put short, the item is utter tosh and a big disappointment for something from a brand I've been loyal to for 12 years. Basically HP were trying to save money by reducing the size of the internal hard drive and it caught them out short when Microsoft released a huge-sized update file. I urge you to take it back and instead get a computer with at least 64GB hard drive and 4gb of RAM.

I have an Acer laptop from Q with 6GB RAM and 500GB hard disk, but DREADFULLY slow nevertheless. It also says it has a quad core processor at 2.4GHz.

I have an Acer laptop from Q with 6GB RAM and 500GB hard disk, but DREADFULLY slow nevertheless. It also says it has a quad core processor at 2.4GHz.

Hmm, I wonder what's slowing it down. I'd be inclined to Task Manager it and see what superfluous programs are running, then delete them and defragment from there.

There are loads of them, but it is difficult to tell what does what, some are essential to run Windows or the browser and you could crash the computer if you delete the wrong one.

There are loads of them, but it is difficult to tell what does what, some are essential to run Windows or the browser and you could crash the computer if you delete the wrong one.

I have a nearly 5 year old Samsung laptop and use AVG PC tune up and Kaspersky internet security. Between the two of them, it keeps my trusty laptop running smoothly, and just as fast as when it was first purchased. Its worth trying the AVG. I normally get my new licences for the AVG and Kaspersky from ebay. I got a new Kaspersky licence for my newly released Samsung s9+ smartphone (not from I/W), for £3.79 last week.Try it, it may make a big difference, it cleans all your junk files, and puts all unused apps back to sleep so not to drain the operating system. Good luck!:mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back