•  » UNLIMITED PM'S

JUST 9.00 FOR LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP

NO MORE ANNOYING BANNERS

YES! I want become a VIP right now!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
      The trouble with sleeves like that is, if you're bigger busted and need a larger size to accommodate, the "designers" must think the bigger your chest is, the fatter your arms must be, must grow in unison, end result being a gapping big gap under your arm pit showing off everything you've got underneath, and I mean everything.
      I find that it's one extreme or the other. Either we have pipecleaner arms or we have tree trunk arms!!! We can't win!

Likes shopperholic , boffy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
      The fabric looks very thin and the fit looks odd. For 25 incl delivery I reckon nicer/better quality t shirts could be found elsewhere.
      Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The usual swinging forward at the front.If you order one of these & it is without sewing/fabric faults then you have hit the jackpot.Puckered seams,stretched armholes,the neck trim on the sample Claire is holding is twisted.Pick-a-Lily go & supervise the production line & quality control!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a nice enough design but I bought an almost identical top from M&S, 12 full price - 26 total for this is a rip off
      Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post
      It's a nice enough design but I bought an almost identical top from M&S, 12 full price - 26 total for this is a rip off
      I was going to say similar - any of the supermarkets could offer similar for less than what QVC price their "cheaper" items!
      Likes ERICS MUM , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
      The trouble with sleeves like that is, if you're bigger busted and need a larger size to accommodate, the "designers" must think the bigger your chest is, the fatter your arms must be, must grow in unison, end result being a gapping big gap under your arm pit showing off everything you've got underneath, and I mean everything.
      It's because the manufacturers just grade up a standard 'block' by adding, say, half an inch all round for each size increment. Well, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that you soon get a disproportionate size of neckline, shoulder and armhole with that formula, and the apex (bust point) very quickly distorts.
      Proper designers use a plus size 'block' for larger sizes, and add the extra ease only where it's needed.
      The good thing about being able to sew your own is that you can work out your 'usual' fitting issues and adapt your pattern to get a perfect fit.
      Thanks shopperholic thanked for this post
      Likes Silver Fox , boffy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post
      I was going to say similar - any of the supermarkets could offer similar for less than what QVC price their "cheaper" items!
      I agree, so much for QVCs "buying power" rubbish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post
      Herein lies a problem for QVC. In my experience supermarkets Asda, Sainsbury and Tesco have reasonable quality every day clothing for half the Q prices. OK, not designer and not ‘exclusive’ but given a choice of 2 similar garments I would go to the supermarket.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ERICS MUM;920223]Herein lies a problem for QVC. In my experience supermarkets Asda, Sainsbury and Tesco have reasonable quality every day clothing for half the Q prices. OK, not designer and not ‘exclusive’ but given a choice of 2 similar garments I would go to the supermarket.[

I have ordered some tops from Matalan, click and collect, decent quality, no p & p.and I can try them on in-store and get my money back straightaway if I don't like them. This TSV is not worth 25 imo.
      Likes Silver Fox , Akimbo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Note to QVC—- realise you are not competitive in so many ways and do urgent research into how the average customer likes to shop these days! Not rocket science is It!?