Item developed fault. Deal with IW or manufacturer? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't buy much from IW but, when I have, I've had no issues as the items arrive well within the 3-5 working days. When I returned an item last year I emailed them because I'd forgotten to pick up the tracking number in Asda. They replied within 24 hours and gave me the relevant number.

Last week I returned something that wasn't suitable. The full refund was in my account within a week, which is faster than a return from QVC. I've never phoned IW and I always order online and go through TCB which gives me a further discount.
    Thanks Retrovertigo thanked for this post
    Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Good to know they deal with things relatively quickly. Just seems odd that there is nothing mentioned under "my account" to show I have returned something. Surely the courier had that back the next day and it would have been scanned in as being received?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Retrovertigo View Post
    Good to know they deal with things relatively quickly. Just seems odd that there is nothing mentioned under "my account" to show I have returned something. Surely the courier had that back the next day and it would have been scanned in as being received?
    It only shows up when you get your refund refunded, I always email them with the tracking/courier number, they email me back telling me the status of my return. Over the years they've not got my return twice, but I've still had my refund, none of this QVC bollocks were they send you out a form to sign and you have to pay for the stamp yourself to return the declaration, no with Ideal World, if you have your proof of return that's, how it should be, good enough for them.
    Thanks Retrovertigo thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of those Crystal Clear Wands. After a couple of weeks it has stopped working, I emailed customer service yesterday morning explaining what the matter was and that I had thrown the packing away. Received an email more or less straight away saying they will be in touch, 2 hours later another email apologising and telling me a replacement had been authorised and would be with me in 3-5 days. They said to pack the wand and just give a brief outline of the problem and take it to local Asda, free of charge to send back.

This morning received an email to say the replacement had been shipped, cannot ask for more than that. I've not even packed the broken yet.
    Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It's great that you have been dealt with so swiftly. Meanwhile I have heard bugger all from them still :/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Retrovertigo View Post
    It's great that you have been dealt with so swiftly. Meanwhile I have heard bugger all from them still :/
    Any update Retro?

It's a POD again tonight
    Likes Retrovertigo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it turned up at the weekend (well Friday actually) But I had to chase it up. I contacted the Facebook team again and had to send a picture of my returns invoice and suddenly it was all processed. No idea how long I would have had to wait otherwise!
    Thanks Mommabear thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Look!

The latest raft of reviews on Trust Pilot are in the most part terrible but hilarious. People are now even slagging off the Goons!

For balance they have received 1 good review though, and their Trust Score has improved. It’s now 1 out of 10.

I think one of the reviews must be about Hayley a.k.a. Jimmy Savile/Paul Calf/Baby Jane

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv