Join clothing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Jackie Babbler's on at the moment, touting Join clothing. The clothes would be OK, were it not for the fact that they look items from Primark, just five times more expensive.

Still at least the styles and colours are not too bad, for QVC offerings.

Babbler looks so bored I don't wonder she needs matchsticks to hold her eyelids open.

What do people think of Join?

Join clothes are expensive & I see them as 'at home' items because wearing coats with them would look odd. I suppose you could follow the advice of Ingrid T & all the stylists & layer up but all those wafting pieces of material would make me resemble Margaret Rutherford in Blythe Spirit. I do like many of the colours & I have one tunic in the most glorious shade of blue, I bought it from eBay for a good price but sadly it has gone quite furry & is also quite high maintenance because it creases easily so can't go in a drawer but it grows when put on a hanger.

I agree Twilight, I've bought a few 'pieces' and they are virtually impossible to put in a wardrobe without having to iron them before wear. Also the fabric does eventually go 'furry', and for the prices its not good enough. Clearly the stuff isn't selling at the higher prices asked, hence being cut by roughly 50% - (still expensive).

If that style is liked (and I admit it suits my body shape), then there is another site that sells identical offerings and are in the £20 - £30 price point, which is enough to pay for the same look.

I agree Twilight, I've bought a few 'pieces' and they are virtually impossible to put in a wardrobe without having to iron them before wear. Also the fabric does eventually go 'furry', and for the prices its not good enough. Clearly the stuff isn't selling at the higher prices asked, hence being cut by roughly 50% - (still expensive).

If that style is liked (and I admit it suits my body shape), then there is another site that sells identical offerings and are in the £20 - £30 price point, which is enough to pay for the same look.

That sounds like a much better option, Briss. Still I suppose even Join, Quacker and Michele Hope are better than Yong Kim - a rang I really can't understand the appeal of at all. Maybe it's marketed at rich people who are on medication?

I will never be seen in Join or Yong Kim fashion. I can't take to the shark bite (uneven hems) or the awful cold shoulder,and don't get me started on the layering craze... bag lady fashion.:grin: I have yet to see anyone look good in harem trousers...so I guess I will never be in fashion.:wink:

I will never be seen in Join or Yong Kim fashion. I can't take to the shark bite (uneven hems) or the awful cold shoulder,and don't get me started on the layering craze... bag lady fashion.:grin: I have yet to see anyone look good in harem trousers...so I guess I will never be in fashion.:wink:

You may never be in fashion, however, I imagine you always look stylish & smart.

I love both Yong Kim and Join and I get loads of compliments when I wear them. I find they wear well (I use ecoegg). I have one zip cardigan from Hong Kim that I wear through all seasons. It must have been washed 50 times and still seems as new.

They feel beautiful too.

I have rarely paid full price. Things are a mixture of TSVs, other reductions or all the stuff I have got on eBay. I have lost weight and hope to lose more and they are ideal that way too.

I have found that I tend to go for dresses, waistcoat, harems and long cardigans fro Join and the tunics and shorter cardigans from YK.

i like Yong kim and join but not everything they sell. yong kim is nicer imo the fit and fabrics are better Join are a bit ott with far too many odd styles and fabrics that are far from deluxe. but i have some lovely pieces that are my favourites

I do have to agree about Ingrid and her layering. I do layer my stuff but there are limits. I find Ingrid and her enthusiasm endearing but sometimes the extremes she goes to makes me think less Oh doesn't that look good and more Is she just about get on a plane and trying to save on baggage costs.

Latest posts

Back