Tan Luxe TSV 18/04/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can I just ask folks who've used this stuff if it does actually stay smelling of raspberries, or does it morph into the usual biscuity smell?

I've tried em all so far (including the Chemistry one which started off smelling of apricots but rapidly descended into dog biscuit territory, rank) and have never found one that didn't eventually honk of stale biccies.
I've not used it myself but going through 185 reviews on Q at the moment and people are saying that the smell does develop, but not as bad as other self-tanners.

I have just ordered their gradual tan as the supersize is currently £22 plus postage. I think the 250ml is £18.

Tan Luxe 3 Piece Essential Tanning Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.235087

Auto-Delivery Tan Luxe 3 Piece Essential Tanning Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.236331

QVC Price £65.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.98
P&P £4.95

This tanning trio from Tan-Luxe features a selection of products to help create a sun-kissed luminosity, including new Instant Hero Illuminating Wash-Off Tanning Gel with a zero-transfer formula for a skin-perfecting, radiance-boosting look, plus The Face Anti-Age Rejuvenating Self-Tan Drops and The Body Illuminating Self-Tan drops, designed to be added to your moisturiser, serum, primer, foundation or even your body moisturiser. Tailor your tan and create a bespoke bronzed glow just for you with this fabulous Tan-Luxe collection.

Get glowing - the brand new Instant Hero Illuminating Wash-Off Tanning Gel, has a quick-drying formula with zero transfer, so you get a gorgeous, undetectable tan with no commitment. It's also developed to help disguise redness, spider veins and dimpling, and encourage a more perfected skin look - meaning you feel more confident in shorts and dresses, whatever the season.

Bespoke beauty - both the innovative Face and Body Self-Tan Drops are formulated to be used with your usual moisturisers or serums. They adapt to your skin tone to create a natural-looking, sun-kissed glow, with no streaks, clogged pores or dryness - just drop, mix and go!

Select your shade - choose between two shade options depending on your natural skin tone; Light/Medium is ideal for cool-toned and fair skin, while Medium/Dark is perfect for mid to darker and olive skin tones, or for those who would like a deeper bronzed glow. Just a few drops are enough for you to see results - adding more will increase the depth of colour. Plus, with no build up, you can use every day to maintain your colour, or as and when you want an extra glow.

Stay sunny - choose our Auto Delivery option and receive this great three-piece collection in 90 days, at today's fantastic price. Perfect for summer parties and amping up your holiday tan!

Contains:

1 x NEW Instant Hero Illuminating Wash-Off Tanning Gel (150ml) - instant body make-up to help blur the look of imperfections and encourage the look of toned, hydrated and dewy skin
1 x The Body Illuminating Self-Tan Drops (50ml) - custom complexion drops for bespoke coverage. Enriched with Cellutone complex, raspberry seed oil, caffeine, aloe vera and vitamin E
1 x The Face Anti-Age Rejuvenating Self-Tan Drops (30ml) - custom body drops for bespoke coverage, developed to help promote a more youthful glow. Formulated with aloe vera, vitamin E and raspberry seed oil

How to use:
The Face Anti-Age Illuminating Self-Tan Drops:

Cleanse your skin
Mix 2 - 3 drops in the palm of your hand with your normal moisturiser, primer or foundation
Your tan will begin to develop immediately - during the development time, do not participate in any activity which may cause excessive perspiration, and do not shower for at least four hours post application
Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly after each use
Exfoliate regularly to help maintain an even, natural-looking tan

The Body Illuminating Self-Tan Drops:

Mix 2 - 6 drops per body part with your usual moisturiser in the palm of your hand
Apply to dry skin in large circular motions from head to toe, lightly covering your hands, elbows and feet last
Your tan will begin to develop immediately - during the development time, do not participate in any activity which may cause excessive perspiration, and do not shower for at least four hours post application
Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly after each use
Exfoliate regularly to help maintain an even, natural-looking tan

Please note:

We advise a patch test is done 24 hours prior to using The Face or The Body
Do not apply on broken, irritated or sensitive skin, and avoid contact with eyes
If a reaction occurs, discontinue use immediately and seek medical advice
Does not contain sunscreen and will not protect against sun exposure
Product colour may vary due to natural ingredients

Well everyone just looks hideously orange and the 'before' looks better than the 'after' IMHO.

Don't want to look like David Dickinson's granny, thanks.....:down:

Well everyone just looks hideously orange and the 'before' looks better than the 'after' IMHO.

Don't want to look like David Dickinson's granny, thanks.....:down:

I think the ladies have over done it, I have used this the last two years and it gives a lovely glow. I really couldnt be without it. It does smell a bit but not as strong as other self tan. Well worth the money as a tsv and it lasts ages.

If people want to spend £30 to give themselves all the beige hue of a Rich Tea biscuit, then let it be so.

I can't say I'm keen on that rather-too-effusive Scottish guest. I wouldn't trust anything peddled by a bloke who looks like a combination of the Tango man and one of the Village People. He's hardly a good advert for his own product since he looks as though he's been dunked in a vat of turmeric oil. Bet he's
had every cosmetic treatment going - with his plastic face and over-white gnashers! He wears clothes that he probably should have ditched 20+ years ago in favour of something a little more age-appropriate. The skinny jeans and bleached highlights only accentuate his disproportionately large head compared to his twiglet legs.

I am just watching the midnight show and now have a bit of a headache! But what I cannot get over is how very dark the models are. They dont.look orange on my TV but anyone would think they had had a holiday in blazing sun. I NEVER got that kind of cover with Tan Luxe medium/dark so I really wonder just how much they have put on. Certainly not just two drops per.limb, IMHO.

I have just been to the eye clinic and the drops left my vision blurry, but I dont think I am imagining things.

I am just watching the midnight show and now have a bit of a headache! But what I cannot get over is how very dark the models are. They dont.look orange on my TV but anyone would think they had had a holiday in blazing sun. I NEVER got that kind of cover with Tan Luxe medium/dark so I really wonder just how much they have put on. Certainly not just two drops per.limb, IMHO.

I have just been to the eye clinic and the drops left my vision blurry, but I dont think I am imagining things.

I ordered Medium/Dark prior to launch and was worried the models looked so dark this morning, relieved to hear this is not so in real life.

If people want to spend £30 to give themselves all the beige hue of a Rich Tea biscuit, then let it be so.

I can't say I'm keen on that rather-too-effusive Scottish guest. I wouldn't trust anything peddled by a bloke who looks like a combination of the Tango man and one of the Village People. He's hardly a good advert for his own product since he looks as though he's been dunked in a vat of turmeric oil. Bet he's
had every cosmetic treatment going - with his plastic face and over-white gnashers! He wears clothes that he probably should have ditched 20+ years ago in favour of something a little more age-appropriate. The skinny jeans and bleached highlights only accentuate his disproportionately large head compared to his twiglet legs.

Don't hold back Jules :mysmilie_17:

I have to say I kind of agree with Julius. Everyone in the show I looked at this morning seemed to be bright orange. I know that I am the palest of the pale and it would look awful on me but it just looked mega on everyone. The man selling it was just, well just orange to me. Could be the cameras weren't doing anyone any favours.

Having read Julius' post again, :mysmilie_15: Could it be if we're told we have to look baked to be "in", then we all do it.

CC

Oh yes, I forgot that. When I used the drops I did get staining on my hands and had to invest in some self tan remover and that was hard to find! Eventually I got some from Superdrug I think and had to use it on my hands after every application. If I didn't the skin between my fingers went bright orange. How could I forget that? It was a nightmare!
My palms are the most brown part of me at the moment. I'm off to look for some self tan remover in Superdrug. Thanks for the tip Mazza.

Edit: just looked up online and it's not very cheap

Oh dear!

I have checked Superdrug online and see what you mean! The one I got was called Sunkissed Exfoliating Tan Remover, 150ml. I think Sunkissed is their own brand for all things sun and tan related because I got some bronzer there as well. I reckon it cost somewhere between £5-10. It is in a white plastic bottle with a black cap. The staff may know if it is coming back in. If I think I shall have a look in my local one this week. In fact when I first looked for this there was very little choice.

For best results I used it as an exfoliator after tanning rather than trying to get rid of a few days build up.

When I use it I have got a soap with large exfoliating granules and use that to scrub my hands. It does the trick!

I never thought of that! Good idea if the cheapo Superdrug one is no longer being produced.

Alpha H Liquid Gold does a good job of removing fake tan stains - I wouldn't suggest you buy it just for that purpose - too expensive for that!

I have liquid gold and going to ty it. Also going I try soap with grains I may have one. I thought that acid was going to work and was using The Ordinary glycolic toner 7% but it didn’t work and I was dealing with build up.
Thank you everyone!

I went into Superdrug today and the Sunkissed remover was not on the shelf. I asked at the till and the woman told me that a number of lines have been withdrawn. That could mean discontinued or being repackaged, but not instore at the moment.

Latest posts

Back