Tweak'd By Nature Haircare TSV 24/04/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am always looking for a product to help give volume, style and hold to my very fine, short hair, so I looked up the Tweak'd products on the q website. I found Tweak'd Kauri 2XL Fiber Lift Dry Volumizing Spray and watched Jilly's presentation and the demo. I was completely amazed at the price - £23 + £3.95 p&p=£26.95!! Jilly, however, obviously thought this a pretty good deal as she said it was 'only' this price (didn't mention the p&p of course). I looked up the product on the HSN website and it really does have some scathing reviews. Yesterday in Superdrug I bought a large can of Superdrug Killer Volume Dry Shampoo 300ml for the princely sum of £1.69. I haven't used it yet, but after seeing the Tweak'd reviews, I very much doubt it can be 16 times worse! I used to love Ojon's Animated Styling Cream and have never found a replacement for it - Tweak'd doesn't appear to have the answer either, but most of all, I really can't believe that anyone could pay such over-inflated prices for hair products. Can anyone enlighten me?

I'm just wondering if Denis really trekked up the Himalayan found some magic ingredient came home and concocted a super new hair treatment for his mum. If it is all so rare and hard to come by how come it is a TSV surely a very large stock is required for that. I do like Denis but I'm not rushing in to buy.

i spend o a lot on haircare as my hair needs really good products. but my skin is good and i can spend very little and get good results

I remember some years back the BBC documentary about beauty, a doctor who thought no difference in hair care products cheap or expensive. After the research she did was converted that no cheap stuff is not the same and one shampoo will not work for coloured hair as one that is for normal hair.

I have short hair but I colour it and it is wiry and thick. Cannot use SLS as I said before. I remember buying a brand in M&S which had been sold in Superdrug before repackaging, it was organic and seemed really good for an not very expensive price. My hair just hated it, felt really dry. I loved WEN, never ever had a problem with it, found my own way of using and did not use nearly as much product as they kept saying. Loving O&M which I admit I did get in the sale at Beautybay, they sold out before I could buy more. Kevin Murphy Angel Wash is amazing and again my hair loves it. My problem is I get bored with hair care and move around, it was only WEN I actually stuck with for 2 years plus. Also bought A'Kin in TK Maxx for £6.99 for 500mls nearly nice no problems but the chances of getting it for that price again must be zero.

I'm just wondering if Denis really trekked up the Himalayan found some magic ingredient came home and concocted a super new hair treatment for his mum. If it is all so rare and hard to come by how come it is a TSV surely a very large stock is required for that. I do like Denis but I'm not rushing in to buy.

He said all this about Ojon as well. Didn't he canoe down the Amazon looking for the tribe that had beautiful hair. Does he think we don't remember:mysmilie_17:

No, it was the ex-wife's mother who sent her the pot of Ojon and he went looking for the tribe with beautiful hair. Do we know if he is related to anyone in the Himalayas or was it just a random thing not wanting to row up the river?

There are three reviews for the TSV, all have not tried the products but mainly saying so happy Denis is back.

FFS! Why do these bin lids (my favourite word that i picked up from a regular on here) actually bother to leave a review?!?
Is it ringers or saddo’s that are desperate to get their name read out on air or something?!
They only had to use it once to get the ‘miracle’ results promised?!? Rather than gushing about a stranger?!?
Not sure if Chloe used it before going on air on the lunchtime show, but for someone who uses the dyson hairdryer, her hair was not an advert for either of those goods...
....Chuntley gave me a giggle though when she mentioned her BFF Steven Corfield on air as I’ve noticed she doesnt say his surname or say what his ‘old’ job is - off topic, but st least it’s shopping telly related as opposed to royal! :) xxx

What a load of bollox! This is a blatant copy of his previous brand, even the packaging is similar. The Himalayas tripe is another fairy story, just like canoeing up the Amazon looking for the peeps with the beautiful hair. He must think we were born yesterday!

I wonder if there is room for this brand (truly terrible name, by the way) and Taya? I know one is treading the old South American trail and this is treading the shiny new Himalayan trail, but really it is all much of a muchness, I suspect. Maybe QVC are hoping that the return of Denis will make this brand a rocketing success.

Latest posts

Back