Alison K

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saffie

Registered Shopper
Just been watching ali k on lulu's time bomb, and I think her face
face looks abit odd especially around her mouth, she started the p
the programme with a deep red lipstick which looked very hard.

Just been watching ali k on lulu's time bomb, and I think her face
face looks abit odd especially around her mouth, she started the p
the programme with a deep red lipstick which looked very hard.

she looks like she has had botox around her eyes.

Well I'm glad I'm not alone, I saw this too, and I thought she and Lulu both looked as if they'd had the old botox - but I always think Lulu's lips look plumper every time I see her, just like some others, but tonight I thought Ali K looked very odd, hope she's not had botox and hope that she's ok but definately something different.

Ali K's makeup was very different than normal, too. She'd gone a weird colour since yesterday and the eye makeup had gone for the overly "dramatic" but looked unfinished. Not a good look for her.

I thought good old Lu has been at the fillers again ..

Her lips seem much fuller as well - must be all that “singing”

I saw Ms Keenan and her look was far from fetching. The tambourine-taut skin on her face was like clingfilm stretched over a mixing bowl, and it looked as though she'd dipped into Abi Cleeve's make-up bag and nicked her harsh, pillar-box red lipstick. Perhaps she should have donned some custard yellow shoes and sported a pudding bowl hairdo to have that little story running through there. She could have teamed it up with a zebra print skirt and some deck shoes for the "nautifari" look that's bang on trend going into the spring and summer season. She could have dressed it up with a little corsage or dressed it down with a little pant amd some athleisure pieces. Or it could have bern accessorized with a Theresa May style chunky necklace very flattering on any turkey or chicken neck areas, particularly when your Skin Sense cream with its sesame oil, oops, I mean, Actilift, lets you down.

Last edited:
I can't watch rapid fire Keenan, my blood pressure would go through the roof as she goes on....and on....and on....and on.........

I can't watch rapid fire Keenan, my blood pressure would go through the roof as she goes on....and on....and on....and on.........

I don't particularly mind her. At least her voice doesn't irritate me. It's clear for all to see she's had work done on her face. Her leathery, tortoise neck betrays the truth. At least she didn't do a Jill Franks when she was on touting a Gatineau neck cream. If she'd said: "I simply couldn't live without this, I always use this...etc" she'd hardly be a good advert for it.

Last edited:
She told Carla Laszlo on a show last night that she’s going ‘around the world’ for a month soon, including Australia for her niece’s wedding. Perhaps she’s had some ‘procedures’ done so she looks good in the wedding pics.

I don't particularly mind her. At least her voice doesn't irritate me. It's clear for all to see she's had work done on her face. Her leathery, tortoise neck betrays the truth. At least she didn't do a Jill Franks when she was on touting a Gatineau neck cream. If she'd said: "I simply couldn't live without this, I always use this...etc" she'd hardly be a good advert for it.

More power to you Julius, her voice and speed of her talking has me taking an extra breath for her, because she certainly doesn't take any for herself, I bet she takes home gold for the "how long can you hold your breath for underwater" competition every single time.

She told Carla Laszlo on a show last night that she’s going ‘around the world’ for a month soon, including Australia for her niece’s wedding. Perhaps she’s had some ‘procedures’ done so she looks good in the wedding pics.

Maybe. I can't imagine the Australian sun doing much other than accentuating her tortoise neck - but it's too far gone anyway. It'll take more than a dainty dab of Perricone to fix that one! Let's hope she uses an SPF.

I remember her wedding pics from a few years back. The world's most unlikely virgin bride, she was dressed in white with rather pointy shoes and looked like she was clutching a cauliflower.

I remember her on a holiday programme & doing This Morning when Richard & Judy were away & she has always looked good & been really professional. She has been very honest about her illness, how it's affected her & the ongoing health issues she now experiences. Because of that I can't help but feel that her break neck speed delivery - always worse when she's with a guest, constant information about her family & obvious cosmetic enhancements are part of her way of grabbing life. It's only when I look at old photographs that I realise how much I've aged & my fifties has been the decade of greatest change but I'd rather keep my laughter lines than look like so many others with an homogenized face.

I agree Twilight we should all grab life by the wotsits, we only get one go, that's why I'm surprised AK who has already dodged a bullet once, would put herself in the line of fire by her love of sunbathing (her words) in extreme heat, knowing the dangers. I've only ever remembered her talking at the speed of light, saying that I wont watch her now, but have caught a glimpse of her and her cosmetic enhancements, I'm not knocking cosmetic surgery, I personally wouldn't consider it but it's each to their own. :mysmilie_3:

I agree Twilight we should all grab life by the wotsits, we only get one go, that's why I'm surprised AK who has already dodged a bullet once, would put herself in the line of fire by her love of sunbathing (her words) in extreme heat, knowing the dangers. I've only ever remembered her talking at the speed of light, saying that I wont watch her now, but have caught a glimpse of her and her cosmetic enhancements, I'm not knocking cosmetic surgery, I personally wouldn't consider it but it's each to their own. :mysmilie_3:

Well, thinking about it she is a lady of more mature years working in a very visual, ageist industry so I guess she has her reasons for doing it. I myself had laser treatment on my skin and intend getting my teeth done so I can't say all treatments are bad. There's nothing wrong with correcting a problem or a little finessing here or there. It's when you get 60-year-olds trying to look 21 that it starts to get a bit weird.

Alison Keenan looks like a sun worshipper - more leathery than a distressed handbag, and her ironed-out face only serves to highlight the contrasting, creped, leathery tortoise neck on which it sits.

Well, thinking about it she is a lady of more mature years working in a very visual, ageist industry so I guess she has her reasons for doing it. I myself had laser treatment on my skin and intend getting my teeth done so I can't say all treatments are bad. There's nothing wrong with correcting a problem or a little finessing here or there. It's when you get 60-year-olds trying to look 21 that it starts to get a bit weird.

Alison Keenan looks like a sun worshipper - more leathery than a distressed handbag, and her ironed-out face only serves to highlight the contrasting, creped, leathery tortoise neck on which it sits.

Did you not read my comment properly Julius? I said I'm not knocking cosmetic surgery, but personally I wouldn't consider it. I didn't mean the laser/dental type "surgery" anyway, I meant the type were they put you under general anaesthetic for, and cut you open type surgery.

I don't know about sun making Alison look old. I am 70 in November, I love the sun and I don't have wrinkles. I think it depends on genes and your skin type. My skin is greasy and to be honest my mum and nan didn't have wrinkles in their 80's. I think medication has a lot to do with Alison and her skin. I am so lucky I have good health apart from asthma.

I don't know about sun making Alison look old. I am 70 in November, I love the sun and I don't have wrinkles. I think it depends on genes and your skin type. My skin is greasy and to be honest my mum and nan didn't have wrinkles in their 80's. I think medication has a lot to do with Alison and her skin. I am so lucky I have good health apart from asthma.

Good for you, Lemon. I'm glad you have aged gracefully without all the slicing and dicing that Keenan et al have plumped for.

Latest posts

Back