Alpha H TSV 30/04/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

1 x Liquid Gold 24 Hour Moisture Repair Cream (50ml; full size) - this rich moisturiser is suitable for mature, normal and dry skin types. Contains glycolic acid, argan stem cells, and 24 carat gold flakes
Gold flakes in the moisturiser? I can't wait for the clinical evidence for this being a good idea! Everything I've read so far suggests that there is little clinical evidence and the best they can say is it won't do any harm.

There are some very faddy things which do the rounds, with no proven efficacy. I suspect the gold flakes will be one of these.

After the rose fragranced outing last year, now this... I can only say I'm deeply disappointed in Alpha-H going down these "fashion" routes - what happened to "no fluff, no puff"???

I bought the last TSV and loved the eye cream and the liquid gold but I don't like cream cleansers or masks so I shall pass on this.

CC

Gold flakes in the moisturiser? I can't wait for the clinical evidence for this being a good idea! Everything I've read so far suggests that there is little clinical evidence and the best they can say is it won't do any harm.

There are some very faddy things which do the rounds, with no proven efficacy. I suspect the gold flakes will be one of these.

After the rose fragranced outing last year, now this... I can only say I'm deeply disappointed in Alpha-H going down these "fashion" routes - what happened to "no fluff, no puff"???
But this cream is not a new one, it was launched a year ago. Haven't tried it yet.

The cleansing cream sounds like a peeling, like the Microcleanse for example.

Just watched some of the 4pm show. Chloe was in overdrive. Is she always like that or is the tsv not selling well? Anyway, in case anyone's interested there's a half price offer on liquid gold today. 100ml down to £15.50 seems very good.

Just watched some of the 4pm show. Chloe was in overdrive. Is she always like that or is the tsv not selling well? Anyway, in case anyone's interested there's a half price offer on liquid gold today. 100ml down to £15.50 seems very good.

thats been that price for quite a while now since just before christmas i think it was but it sold out & is now back in stock & from what ive been told tsv is doing well but thats each to their own views on that

Yes, that's right. Unfortunately ;-) I still have enough Liquid Gold here.

Same here. I heard the male guest presenter (Tom?) say today that it has a shelf life of two years unopened then two years once opened, which is a relief as I'm still ploughing through a TSV of just Liquid Gold from a couple of years ago. I have not been using it for a few weeks because I keep getting really rough skin on my forehead, like fine sandpaper, which doesn't like it - the dryness/roughness takes 2-3 days to clear then comes back if I'm not careful. I daren't risk LG. Any suggestions anyone? It's ok today, as it happens, and I can cope during the day anyway, by using lots of rich moisturiser under my makeup.

She wasn't the only one. I watched an early show (might have been a repeat of the TSV launch) with Katy Pullinger. She didn't let Michelle finish a sentence, she didn't want to waste time hearing about the development, ingredients, targeted skin/problems etc. Katy was sell sell sell and turned to Tom for how to use, results etc.

The height of rudeness. Perhaps the only guests that are heard are those that shout loud about their lives and have a "best mates" act with the presenter.

Same here. I heard the male guest presenter (Tom?) say today that it has a shelf life of two years unopened then two years once opened, which is a relief as I'm still ploughing through a TSV of just Liquid Gold from a couple of years ago. I have not been using it for a few weeks because I keep getting really rough skin on my forehead, like fine sandpaper, which doesn't like it - the dryness/roughness takes 2-3 days to clear then comes back if I'm not careful. I daren't risk LG. Any suggestions anyone? It's ok today, as it happens, and I can cope during the day anyway, by using lots of rich moisturiser under my makeup.

You could try the Ali Young trick. From what she has previously said, she will apply the LG, let it "fly solo" on her skin for a couple of hours, then slather moisturiser over top. If your skin likes an AHA normally, it could just be your skin is over-dry.

Or you may need to either reduce or increase the frequency of using LG - the rough skin could be partial exfoliation and you need to finish the job.

Or, worst case, it could well be that your skin and glycolic acid don't get on so well. It happens.

If that's the case, it might be worth trying a lactic acid product instead.

Alternatively, you could try a glycolic-salicylic combination. While everyone associates salicylic with acne prone skins, it is anti-inflammatory, so if the roughness is a sign of inflammation, that might help.

You could try the Ali Young trick. From what she has previously said, she will apply the LG, let it "fly solo" on her skin for a couple of hours, then slather moisturiser over top. If your skin likes an AHA normally, it could just be your skin is over-dry.

Or you may need to either reduce or increase the frequency of using LG - the rough skin could be partial exfoliation and you need to finish the job.

Or, worst case, it could well be that your skin and glycolic acid don't get on so well. It happens.

If that's the case, it might be worth trying a lactic acid product instead.

Alternatively, you could try a glycolic-salicylic combination. While everyone associates salicylic with acne prone skins, it is anti-inflammatory, so if the roughness is a sign of inflammation, that might help.

Well, who needs Alison Young, Resident Beauty Expert??! Much prefer you!

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to offer some solutions. Actually, that first idea about applying LG, letting it work on its own for a while then applying moisturiser later is something I have done occasionally before. I wasn't sure it was making the most of the LG effect though, so I've not done it for a while. I may try it again as a first step and monitor what happens.

I'm not sure this current dryness is actually caused by the LG as it's quite new and I was using the LG for a good year and a half, three times a week, till about March when I had the first attack of emery board forehead. So I feel LG is not a cause but an irritant now the condition has started. You never know though, as "allergies" and reactions can come out of the blue.

I think I'll try that first suggestion and work my way through the rest if it doesn't work.

Thanks again. I feel quite encouraged now. I love this forum.

:mysmilie_508:

After the rose fragranced outing last year, now this... I can only say I'm deeply disappointed in Alpha-H going down these "fashion" routes - what happened to "no fluff, no puff"???[/QUOTE]

Not so much money in ‘no fluff, no puff’ ..

I know that at the end of the day, if a company isn't making money, it will go out of business... but don't set yourself up as no frills and then stick frills on the range.

That said, in fairness when I am looking at the new products (leaving aside gold flakes in moisturisers) the addition of lactic and ferulic acids are consistent with the positioning of the brand as a clinical brand... whereas gold flakes and rose versions are more in line with a cynical brand. I would prefer to think of them as a clinical rather than a cynical brand as I think both Michelle Doherty and Tom are decent people who know their stuff when it comes to what happens on the skin.

I haven't watched any presentations as I really cannot justify any further skincare purchases from QVC or anywhere else for the rest of this year (and probably the whole of next year as well, truth be told!), but I'm disgusted to think that the know-nothing motormouth QVC presenters were rude enough to talk over Michelle. She's obviously too nice to them all behind the scenes if they get away with that! When you think she has probably flown round the world, quite literally, to be there for the shows, it's disgraceful and disrespectful, in my opinion... if that's what has been happening.

Latest posts

Back