Marla Wynne hype

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
I like the concept of some of this range but even on the models there are IMO! glaring errors with fit & fabric.Lesley Ebbots who I quite like elevates MW to almost saintly status, some of the reviews don’t confirm this.This a.m a cape like jacket with Black binding, the sleeves looked far to tight on the model, the rest creased up fabric, a very lightweight long cardigan,lovely print but models constantly pulling it onto their shoulders and tops which show every line of the bra.I hate clothes that constantly need adjusting.I’ts alright Lesley & JK standing there but they would look as though they had slept in their outfits within an hour.I want to like this range but it just doesn’t hit the target for me & far too overpriced for the quality.

I agree, I was actually quite taken with a border print top from the range but seeing it being modeled put me right off - the way the sleeves had been cut made it tight around the lower arms and over the bust and super baggy everywhere else - just poorly designed.

Seems MW are slightly cheap knock-offs of Parisian designs from back in the day. I think out of all the fashion ranges on QVC it's probably one of the better ones. The coppers, beiges and light olives I think are really nice colours. My grandmother always used to wear similar types of clothing and she always looked very elegant and stylish.

I've noticed the reverential tones used by Leslie too. Marla's name is mentioned in virtually every sentence, so much so that I wonder if it's part of Leslie's contract. Lulu Guinness gets the same treatment. I like the clothes but not sure they are for shorter women.

i have a few bits of marla wynne bought on e bay and in all honesty the fit is very poor for such a premium brand. most of the fabrics are used on some of qvc's less expensive brands anyway with some of the same deficiencies. i used to make my own clothes using the vogue designer patterns so i do have a little idea of what/how/why makes a well fitting well cut garment and MW fails quite a lot

This is not the only brand which is guilty of producing garments with sleeves designed for pipecleaner arms!
All brands need to realise that when they size up the measurements of a garment, they cannot forget the arms. As we increase in the bust, waist and hips we normally increase the circumference of our necks, upper and lower arms, and our thighs and calves as well. We shouldn't have to remind "designers" of this basic fact!!

if you go in a store like m&s they grade up quite well. even more so with their autograph or per Una labels. but with qvc the grading for all the brands including MW is very poor. they overdo it so the lower legs are over big and don't relate to the style in the larger sizes.
now i know Yong kim is not loved by all but her items are far nicer than most of the MW range imo as the fit is very very good. top brands will take many many measurements to ensure a good fit all over. cheaper stuff specially in larger sizes don't cut it if you pardon the pun

Seems MW are slightly cheap knock-offs of Parisian designs from back in the day. I think out of all the fashion ranges on QVC it's probably one of the better ones. The coppers, beiges and light olives I think are really nice colours. My grandmother always used to wear similar types of clothing and she always looked very elegant and stylish.

Ladies who like this look would probably be familiar with OSKA (German) & Sahara probably more expensive than MW but they do lovely co-ordinating pieces and wear well.I have had items from both ranges in the past when I liked the more oversized looks.

Ladies who like this look would probably be familiar with OSKA (German) & Sahara probably more expensive than MW but they do lovely co-ordinating pieces and wear well.I have had items from both ranges in the past when I liked the more oversized looks.

Oska stuff is far more premium imo than MW..its a bit like join. i like join but its os hit and miss

I liked MW's stuff in the early days, but have been less than impressed with her more recent offerings. Her trousers look baggy & wrinkled, before the models even move!

At least Lesley has a wider vocabulary than, Melissa 'stenning' Hardy, but she rarely looks stylish, these days. And gawd, I wish she would get a decent haircut! She's been looking rather dowdy of late, for an esteemed fashion journalist & stylist. She does look good, though, for someone who's been in the industry for nearly fifty years.

Q seems to focusing on 'fashion', more than jewellery, these days; I suppose the price of precious metals has had an impact.

if you go in a store like m&s they grade up quite well. even more so with their autograph or per Una labels. but with qvc the grading for all the brands including MW is very poor. they overdo it so the lower legs are over big and don't relate to the style in the larger sizes.
now i know Yong kim is not loved by all but her items are far nicer than most of the MW range imo as the fit is very very good. top brands will take many many measurements to ensure a good fit all over. cheaper stuff specially in larger sizes don't cut it if you pardon the pun

You are so right. When you inevitably have to have more fabric, you need it to drape and flow not flop and drag!

For me, my one try of YK was too tight across the bust and swam around the hips. I find most fashion suits a lead shape more than a busty apple like me.

Oska stuff is far more premium imo than MW..its a bit like join. i like join but its os hit and miss

Yes OSKA is a much higher price point & it is a long time since I bought any but they did last and wear well.Of course if you like linen the crumpled look comes with it!I used to spend hours ironing it—why? What a waste of time!!

when i was very young i had a saying: mum i want to look plain and perfect thats my favourite style

You are so right. When you inevitably have to have more fabric, you need it to drape and flow not flop and drag!

For me, my one try of YK was too tight across the bust and swam around the hips. I find most fashion suits a lead shape more than a busty apple like me.

I hate the new predictive text I get when using the forum!!! I typed pear and it changed it to lead!!!! GRRRR

This is not the only brand which is guilty of producing garments with sleeves designed for pipecleaner arms!
All brands need to realise that when they size up the measurements of a garment, they cannot forget the arms. As we increase in the bust, waist and hips we normally increase the circumference of our necks, upper and lower arms, and our thighs and calves as well. We shouldn't have to remind "designers" of this basic fact!!

Spot on MML ! tight arms and armholes are a constant design fault in a lot of ranges, not just QVC. Many of the garden centre now sell a lot of clothing - the Made in Italy range is a favourite, which look lovely and roomy until you see the pipe cleaner sleeves. Once upon a time I would never wear sleeveless dresses, but now I do to get over the armhole problem, and I wear a shorter layered baggy top over the dress - works a dream. So I'm glad I kept my Dreamkeeper fringed ponchos, they get worked overtime now.!

another odd thing with qvc fashion they have the same styles, fabrics and even colours just with varying labels and prices

Well, Boff, haven't we always said that there's this massive warehouse somewhere in the East with a pick'n'mix selection, so all that changes are the labels ! and then there's the Menu of names created for Polyester, so, take your choice from Brazil, Milky, etc etc.

Grizas is another brand that you may like if not already familiar with it. They do a mix of styles in linen and silk/cotton mix. Priced a little cheaper than Oska. Ralston is another great brand. Both do sizes from around 10 up to around 24/26

I buy a fair bit off ebay. I'd rather pay for a VGC used item from a quality brand than the same money for a new MW.

Grizas is another brand that you may like if not already familiar with it. They do a mix of styles in linen and silk/cotton mix. Priced a little cheaper than Oska. Ralston is another great brand. Both do sizes from around 10 up to around 24/26

I buy a fair bit off ebay. I'd rather pay for a VGC used item from a quality brand than the same money for a new MW.

i agree with you on quality pre loved items. i lost a lot of weight a few years ago and could fit a size 14/16 i was able to buy top end designer bits from jean muir for example. so plain but crafted and fit like a dream. another brand i like is ghost not the frilly stuff but the plain bits. i live in a good area for lovely pre loved ladies stuff.

Latest posts

Back