•  » UNLIMITED PM'S

JUST £9.00 FOR LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP

NO MORE ANNOYING BANNERS

YES! I want become a VIP right now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by boffy View Post
      if you go in a store like m&s they grade up quite well. even more so with their autograph or per Una labels. but with qvc the grading for all the brands including MW is very poor. they overdo it so the lower legs are over big and don't relate to the style in the larger sizes.
      now i know Yong kim is not loved by all but her items are far nicer than most of the MW range imo as the fit is very very good. top brands will take many many measurements to ensure a good fit all over. cheaper stuff specially in larger sizes don't cut it if you pardon the pun
      You are so right. When you inevitably have to have more fabric, you need it to drape and flow not flop and drag!

For me, my one try of YK was too tight across the bust and swam around the hips. I find most fashion suits a lead shape more than a busty apple like me.
      Likes boffy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
      Quote Originally Posted by boffy View Post
      Oska stuff is far more premium imo than MW..its a bit like join. i like join but its os hit and miss
      Yes OSKA is a much higher price point & it is a long time since I bought any but they did last and wear well.Of course if you like linen the crumpled look comes with it!I used to spend hours ironing it—why? What a waste of time!!
      Likes boffy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

when i was very young i had a saying: mum i want to look plain and perfect thats my favourite style

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post
      You are so right. When you inevitably have to have more fabric, you need it to drape and flow not flop and drag!

For me, my one try of YK was too tight across the bust and swam around the hips. I find most fashion suits a lead shape more than a busty apple like me.
      I hate the new predictive text I get when using the forum!!! I typed pear and it changed it to lead!!!! GRRRR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post
      This is not the only brand which is guilty of producing garments with sleeves designed for pipecleaner arms!
      All brands need to realise that when they size up the measurements of a garment, they cannot forget the arms. As we increase in the bust, waist and hips we normally increase the circumference of our necks, upper and lower arms, and our thighs and calves as well. We shouldn't have to remind "designers" of this basic fact!!
      Spot on MML ! tight arms and armholes are a constant design fault in a lot of ranges, not just QVC. Many of the garden centre now sell a lot of clothing - the Made in Italy range is a favourite, which look lovely and roomy until you see the pipe cleaner sleeves. Once upon a time I would never wear sleeveless dresses, but now I do to get over the armhole problem, and I wear a shorter layered baggy top over the dress - works a dream. So I'm glad I kept my Dreamkeeper fringed ponchos, they get worked overtime now.!
      Likes maymorganlondon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

another odd thing with qvc fashion they have the same styles, fabrics and even colours just with varying labels and prices

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Boff, haven't we always said that there's this massive warehouse somewhere in the East with a pick'n'mix selection, so all that changes are the labels ! and then there's the Menu of names created for Polyester, so, take your choice from Brazil, Milky, etc etc.
      Likes Akimbo , boffy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fox View Post
      Ladies who like this look would probably be familiar with OSKA (German) & Sahara probably more expensive than MW but they do lovely co-ordinating pieces and wear well.I have had items from both ranges in the past when I liked the more oversized looks.

Grizas is another brand that you may like if not already familiar with it. They do a mix of styles in linen and silk/cotton mix. Priced a little cheaper than Oska. Ralston is another great brand. Both do sizes from around 10 up to around 24/26

I buy a fair bit off ebay. I'd rather pay for a VGC used item from a quality brand than the same money for a new MW.
      Thanks boffy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by KimP View Post
      Grizas is another brand that you may like if not already familiar with it. They do a mix of styles in linen and silk/cotton mix. Priced a little cheaper than Oska. Ralston is another great brand. Both do sizes from around 10 up to around 24/26

I buy a fair bit off ebay. I'd rather pay for a VGC used item from a quality brand than the same money for a new MW.
      i agree with you on quality pre loved items. i lost a lot of weight a few years ago and could fit a size 14/16 i was able to buy top end designer bits from jean muir for example. so plain but crafted and fit like a dream. another brand i like is ghost not the frilly stuff but the plain bits. i live in a good area for lovely pre loved ladies stuff.
      Likes KimP liked this post