Awful guest Simon Biagi on cooking hour - LOL moment alert!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Just tuned in to see Simon Biagi doing a cooking hour alongside a slightly camp chef who was wearing a pink apron and kept making jokes about soggy bottoms and other such innuendo.

Poor Simes looked out of his depth as he struggled to say anything about the boring products - such as a mesh baking tray and a silicone cleaning pad.

Then things took a turn for the worse when the guest suggested he eat a sausage roll. Poor Simes made some sort of insincere excuse and the guest said: "Oh just blow on it and get the sausage in your mouth!"

For a very brief moment you could see a fleeting flicker of horror pass over Biagi's unmoisturised face. It was rather awkward!

The guest is Simon Brown, QVC's very own home economist, been around for a few years ! He is quite funny but he does over-cook the campness at times.

Doesn't Slimon Biagi have some sort of disorder (apart from the insincerity, I mean)? I thought he'd mentioned in the past that he was diabetic or coeliac or something. I wouldn't want to be force fed sausage roll either...

Doesn't Slimon Biagi have some sort of disorder (apart from the insincerity, I mean)? I thought he'd mentioned in the past that he was diabetic or coeliac or something. I wouldn't want to be force fed sausage roll either...

Nor would I, and I'm not suggesting Simes should be stuffing his face on-screen like Charlie Brook, but that awkward moment was unintentionally very funny.

That "fake eating" is very much a shopping telly thing, where they will put a forkful of food in their mouth and really ham up the acting with the "mmmmmmmmmm" and eye-rolling, etc. It's something they do in addition to the "fake talking / let's have a joke before the camera cuts in to us" thing they do. I loved the way French and Saunders sent up the whole awkwardness thing!

I think he has mentioned in the past that he is diabetic.I remember my dad saying that sausages were one of the things he had to avoid. None of that fatty food on the presentation looked very appatising to me anyway so I don't blame the presenter for not eating it. I don't mind Simon Brown and I haven't noticed the campness others have.

They are selling 12 Gripsticks for almost £16 inc PP.

Lidl were selling them for just a few pounds a set (I think it was les than 12 though).

I bought a few sets, they are really good, but not at Q prices.

Unfortunately. Lidl haven't had any more in for at least a year.

PS, I've never noticed the campness, but he is gay. I do like his presentation style.

They are selling 12 Gripsticks for almost £16 inc PP.

Lidl were selling them for just a few pounds a set (I think it was les than 12 though).

I bought a few sets, they are really good, but not at Q prices.

Unfortunately. Lidl haven't had any more in for at least a year.

PS, I've never noticed the campness, but he is gay. I do like his presentation style.

The issue isn't with him being gay, it's with all the unnecessary innuendo. I thought that sort of thing was something QVC were trying to move away from. I know years ago they had Greg and Max, who had a similar style. I even remember before them when they had a (I think he was from New Zealand) guy who had a rather more serious approach. I quite liked him.

Just tuned in to see Simon Biagi doing a cooking hour alongside a slightly camp chef who was wearing a pink apron and kept making jokes about soggy bottoms and other such innuendo.

Poor Simes looked out of his depth as he struggled to say anything about the boring products - such as a mesh baking tray and a silicone cleaning pad.

Then things took a turn for the worse when the guest suggested he eat a sausage roll. Poor Simes made some sort of insincere excuse and the guest said: "Oh just blow on it and get the sausage in your mouth!"

For a very brief moment you could see a fleeting flicker of horror pass over Biagi's unmoisturised face. It was rather awkward!

Soggy bottoms is a straightforward lift from Great British Bake Off.
Personally don't find Simon Brown camp at all.

The Simon in this combo who I have a problem with is the dire bellowing Biagi.

By the sound of it the two Simons mix like oil and water (not at all, in other words). Simon Brown is at his sparkling best with Charlie Brook. Basically he does all the heavy lifting with the presentation while Charlie fills his face with all the nosh that is going free. They have quite funny banter about it.

Simon Biagi is definitely diabetic and very careful of his health, as any longterm diabetic has to be, so there are no doubt good reasons for him not eating a sausage - reasons which may vary by how the sausage is cooked as well as what it's made of.

'The issue isn't with him being gay, it's with all the unnecessary innuendo. I thought that sort of thing was something QVC were trying to move away from. I know years ago they had Greg and Max, who had a similar style. I even remember before them when they had a (I think he was from New Zealand) guy who had a rather more serious approach. I quite liked him'. Was that Glynn Christian?

'The issue isn't with him being gay, it's with all the unnecessary innuendo. I thought that sort of thing was something QVC were trying to move away from. I know years ago they had Greg and Max, who had a similar style. I even remember before them when they had a (I think he was from New Zealand) guy who had a rather more serious approach. I quite liked him'. Was that Glynn Christian?

Yes! I was trying to remember the name - It was such a long time ago. He was very good and informative.

Simon Brown is one of my favourite guests on qvc.I didn't see him yesterday, but I do try to watch when I know he is on.

I agree, Simon’s great. He really knows his stuff and, if you think about it, those kitchen shows must take a huge amount of prep.

I like his sense of humour. One occasion springs to mind when he and Ali K were flogging a set of saucepans and she clearly felt she’d been silent for too long:

Ali: “I’m sorry, I was just enjoying your plums.”
(She then realised what she’d said and started giggling)
Simon, with perfect delivery: “I’m glad to hear it...”

Yes I think Simon Brown is the only presenter I've ever been able to listen to and watch, he comes across as genuine, no lies no hard sell, easy to listen to (when he can get a word in) and doesn't raise my blood pressure..............the other Simon on the other hand is the most cheesiest, disingenuous idiot to ever grace shopping Tv, he stands there as fake as an eleven pound note with that frown on his face as if he hasn't got a clue about the item he's presented fifteen times before, oh yes, Mr Simon Dairylee has me reaching for the remote like no other.

I remember a middle aged model from years ago sitting at the table one-to-one with the presenter and she was very saucy. She never came back!

Simon Biagi opens every kitchen show with his quip “cooking up a storm”. I have no idea what it means but it drives me nuts when he says it.

Simon Biagi opens every kitchen show with his quip “cooking up a storm”. I have no idea what it means but it drives me nuts when he says it.

Every one of his clichés is so overused! They never vary, except he has "special" ones for different categories of show. All of his clichés must have RSI by now, and certainly all of them must feel due for retirement!

There is no beginning to his selly telly accomplishments, in my opinion.

It's probably to keep his "loads in store" and his "annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd!!" company :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back