Has Julia got engaged?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Had fun reading these comments. I had to laugh.

It's one thing a 60 year old getting married but is this her first time? Is her partner of 40 years the father of her children? Why did she never marry him? I find it all quite nauseating. She's so up herself it's as if she owns QVC and has to tell us every single thing about her life.

I hope she retires soon.

I may be wrong about this, as I only watch videos online, but I don't think I've ever heard Dale and Charlie Brook talking about their private lives. Most of the time, Charlie is too busy eating.

Had fun reading these comments. I had to laugh.

It's one thing a 60 year old getting married but is this her first time? Is her partner of 40 years the father of her children? Why did she never marry him? I find it all quite nauseating. She's so up herself it's as if she owns QVC and has to tell us every single thing about her life.

I hope she retires soon.

Yes, yes & no idea. Julia will be 62 in June & Chris is also in his early 60s. Having watched the Q since it was first broadcast I would say that she is still the best presenter on the channel. However, she has become more of a diva as the years have passed & age does concentrate the character. She is also by no means the only one who talks about her private life. I also think having an illness that could turn from chronic to acute & life-threatening without warning must be a heavy burden.

I have to laugh at all this hype about her man finally deciding to put a ring on her finger - like hellooooooo! the proposal wasn't sudden, and the stones for the ring were sourced by Allison O'Reilly, and then designed and set by her - excuse me but this takes time to sort out - so he must have decided to ask her to become engaged at least as early as October/November, yet she's making out it just happened and viola - he popped the question after 40 years.

I too have often wondered why she wore a wedding ring and a ruby and diamond engagement ring on her finger when she was single blah blah and blah - some of them think we are all fools. I don't like her, in case anyone failed to notice, I just don't like fake people who think they are big celebs.

I think if he or she didn't want to get married in four decades then why bother now, it must've bothered her enough though for her to want people to think she's married. Queen Julia, if you're not bothered about marriage, don't wear a ring on your wedding ring finger. :mysmilie_3:

I think if he or she didn't want to get married in four decades then why bother now, it must've bothered her enough though for her to want people to think she's married. Queen Julia, if you're not bothered about marriage, don't wear a ring on your wedding ring finger. :mysmilie_3:

My thoughts exactly.

Alison Keenan can’t go a whole hour jewellery show without mentioning her wedding band, but I always think it hypocritical that they buy their rings outside of QVC when they go on about how diamonique is better than the real thing etc

Alison Keenan can’t go a whole hour jewellery show without mentioning her wedding band, but I always think it hypocritical that they buy their rings outside of QVC when they go on about how diamonique is better than the real thing etc

They won't even buy diamonds from QVC, that's how crap their jewellery is..........hypocritical? I think so.

Alison Keenan used to be teribble for saying she was fortunate enough to have been bought blah de blah which was much more expensive than the QVC item being sold at the time but the QVC item was just as good.

As for Julia maybe the practical benefits of being married are a factor e.g. Inheritance tax. I'm glad she's happy but I don't want to hear about it every time she's on air.

It's probably to facilitate inheritance arrangements. Dale Winton recently passed away at the same age as JR

Once upon a time the state of 'engagement' meant being committed to a person whilst preparations for a wedding were underway, during which time a 'bottom drawer' of household items for the new home was put together. Julia has been with her partner long enough to celebrate anniversaries with a 0 at the end, and producing two now adult children, so I find her being 'engaged' a bit ridiculous. Why not just get married and be done with it. I know everyone is different, but I cant get my head around celebrating my old Mum and Dad's 'engagement' - they did that 5 years before I was born !

Once upon a time the state of 'engagement' meant being committed to a person whilst preparations for a wedding were underway, during which time a 'bottom drawer' of household items for the new home was put together. Julia has been with her partner long enough to celebrate anniversaries with a 0 at the end, and producing two now adult children, so I find her being 'engaged' a bit ridiculous. Why not just get married and be done with it. I know everyone is different, but I cant get my head around celebrating my old Mum and Dad's 'engagement' - they did that 5 years before I was born !

Well, it's not so much the wedding ring / ceremony that matters. They've been together for 40 years and raised their children. That counts for a lot, I think. So many people do the ceremony then can't do the commitment. At least JR and Hub had their priorities right. I don't see why she should be crowing about her impending wedding, though. Were it me I'd just go down the registry office and be done with it.

Remember when A. Keenan got married a while back - like a virgin - touched for the millionth time? There she stood like a leathery Galapagos tortoise dressed in white lace. Dreadful.

I have only heard JR mention getting married once, but then I don't watch that much qvc anymore, if it isn't the gnome that is on it's CR or one of the many guests that I refuse to watch. I didn't mind the AK wedding, after what she had been through I think many people were happy for her. I thought she looked very lovely on her wedding day.

Well each to their own, however, I agree totally with Brissles and Julius I agree with you in reference to the Ally Keenan white lace dress - sorry white is for first time brides who don't have kids - I'm an old fashioned lady, I believe you have your boyfriend, who becomes your fiance, then your husband and then and only then should you start having kids, not the way they do now have the kids first then get wed (or mostly not) too many single parent families these days for my way of thinking who put themselves first - ok rage over - sorry if that upset anyone but I tell it like it is.

She may get married in purple, she's always saying it's her favourite colour. Having said that she also likes yellow, as these are complementary colours she could have both & look like an Aster daisy.

She may get married in purple, she's always saying it's her favourite colour. Having said that she also likes yellow, as these are complementary colours she could have both & look like an Aster daisy.

Finished off by the well worn ... black toe posts.:giggle:

I admit I am more traditional in my view and it is totally up to Julia and her partner how they go about things.I find the ‘engagement’ phase a bit strange under the circumstances, a family celebration with the marriage ceremony being central is IMO all that is needed.It always intrigues me how some people seem to view marriage as a bigger commitment than having children together.I am divorced with no children and walked away never to see or have anything to do with my ex.again.With children there would have been a lifelong link and commitment.

Latest posts

Back