Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Oreck back on QVC

Oreck BACK ON QVC

Oreck LW150 Magnesium Upright Vacuum Cleaner 249 + post
    http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.as...ms.item.807570

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    What could be more yawnworthy than that naff-looking old vacuum cleaner again? I mean, how many f***ing vacuum cleaners do we need anyway? I remember the ads years ago with an old man who kept saying "Oreck XL" every 2 seconds. I remember a canister vac holding a bowling ball.

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought an Oreck when they were on QVC before, as I'd just moved house and had left my vacuum cleaner with the ex. It's a brilliant vacuum cleaner but, since buying the AirRam, it's been sitting quietly in the cupboard.
    Likes boffy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toril View Post
    I bought an Oreck when they were on QVC before, as I'd just moved house and had left my vacuum cleaner with the ex. It's a brilliant vacuum cleaner but, since buying the AirRam, it's been sitting quietly in the cupboard.
    Their latest offering looks pathetic - and it's only 500 watts. Can't be any good! I remember their previous product looked like something out of the 1950s. I'm sure the company went bust or had severe financial difficulties.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're after a naff, slightly underpowered vacuum cleaner the Oreck might just be the ticket - BUT WAIT!!!!!! It's available elsewhere for 199.99, so why would you pay 50 extra to get it from QVC?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the TSV looks naff. The one I got is probably the one you say looks like a 50's vacuum cleaner, but it's very powerful. My neighbour borrowed it and said it virtually lifted the carpet off his floor with the suction.

I'm sticking with my AirRam though because that does a great job and leaves 'tramlines' on the carpet which shows that it's quite powerful.
    Likes boffy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And it's overpriced! You can get it for 50 less from many other outlets.

Post Thanks / Like

never appealed to me just like miele mine broke after three years the most unreliable cleaner i have ever bought. and the customer service was jut as poor. the orek looks like its come out of the ark. love my dyson stick even more than the air ram and i loved that. fast reliable light and so through

Post Thanks / Like

My Oreck lasted nearly 20 years; there's so little to go wrong with it and it was light weight. It came with a the canister vac (bowling ball lifter) and a car vac, both are still going strong. If I had larger areas of carpet I'd buy another oreck, but I replaced mine with a Vax Air Cordless Lift for less than 80 from Ideal World which is fab. I still use the Oreck canister for the stairs because it has better suction.
    The advertised wattage for most Orecks has always been far lower than other brands like Hoover and Dyson and they used to explain this was because it has no moving parts other than the motor creating the suction and the beater bar. My old Oreck upright would lift carpet if not nailed down. It did require bags (I'd buy from ebay) but they're huge and last weeks if not months (It's also possible to reuse then if you empty them carefully.
    I'd buy another Oreck if I needed a new vacuum withou hesitation.

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

problem with most vacuums is they are way too heavy for my mum & this seems to be one of the lightest around
    Likes Akimbo liked this post