Oreck back on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What could be more yawnworthy than that naff-looking old vacuum cleaner again? I mean, how many f***ing vacuum cleaners do we need anyway? I remember the ads years ago with an old man who kept saying "Oreck XL" every 2 seconds. I remember a canister vac holding a bowling ball.

I bought an Oreck when they were on QVC before, as I'd just moved house and had left my vacuum cleaner with the ex. It's a brilliant vacuum cleaner but, since buying the AirRam, it's been sitting quietly in the cupboard.

I bought an Oreck when they were on QVC before, as I'd just moved house and had left my vacuum cleaner with the ex. It's a brilliant vacuum cleaner but, since buying the AirRam, it's been sitting quietly in the cupboard.

Their latest offering looks pathetic - and it's only 500 watts. Can't be any good! I remember their previous product looked like something out of the 1950s. I'm sure the company went bust or had severe financial difficulties.

If you're after a naff, slightly underpowered vacuum cleaner the Oreck might just be the ticket - BUT WAIT!!!!!! It's available elsewhere for £199.99, so why would you pay £50 extra to get it from QVC?

I agree that the TSV looks naff. The one I got is probably the one you say looks like a 50's vacuum cleaner, but it's very powerful. My neighbour borrowed it and said it virtually lifted the carpet off his floor with the suction. :thinking:

I'm sticking with my AirRam though because that does a great job and leaves 'tramlines' on the carpet which shows that it's quite powerful.

never appealed to me just like miele mine broke after three years the most unreliable cleaner i have ever bought. and the customer service was jut as poor. the orek looks like its come out of the ark. love my dyson stick even more than the air ram and i loved that. fast reliable light and so through

My Oreck lasted nearly 20 years; there's so little to go wrong with it and it was light weight. It came with a the canister vac (bowling ball lifter) and a car vac, both are still going strong. If I had larger areas of carpet I'd buy another oreck, but I replaced mine with a Vax Air Cordless Lift for less than £80 from Ideal World which is fab. I still use the Oreck canister for the stairs because it has better suction.
The advertised wattage for most Orecks has always been far lower than other brands like Hoover and Dyson and they used to explain this was because it has no moving parts other than the motor creating the suction and the beater bar. My old Oreck upright would lift carpet if not nailed down. It did require bags (I'd buy from ebay) but they're huge and last weeks if not months (It's also possible to reuse then if you empty them carefully.
I'd buy another Oreck if I needed a new vacuum withou hesitation.

That's why I bought mine - in fact the Mother-out-law bought one first and I had a test-drive before buying my own. We'd just moved house and the edges of one bedroom carpet were grubby and I was planning to hire a carpet washer. My old vacuum (and that of the previous owner's) made little difference to it but the Oreck went right up to the skirting board and brought them up a treat. Worth trying from QVC if you need one. One part of the Oreck sales pitch used to be to vacuum a room with your old vacuum and then go over the "clean" carpet with the Oreck with a new bag and see how much extra it picked up.

That's why I bought mine - in fact the Mother-out-law bought one first and I had a test-drive before buying my own. We'd just moved house and the edges of one bedroom carpet were grubby and I was planning to hire a carpet washer. My old vacuum (and that of the previous owner's) made little difference to it but the Oreck went right up to the skirting board and brought them up a treat. Worth trying from QVC if you need one. One part of the Oreck sales pitch used to be to vacuum a room with your old vacuum and then go over the "clean" carpet with the Oreck with a new bag and see how much extra it picked up.

yeah i dont think mum likes the look of them but they are the lightest vacuum cleaners i can find

Latest posts

Back