Catherine Huntley suggest power washing your dog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

puffin48

Registered Shopper
She has just had to apologise for suggesting that a power washer would be great for washing the dog after taking it for a walk :mysmilie_11:

She has just had to apologise for suggesting that a power washer would be great for washing the dog after taking it for a walk :mysmilie_11:

She calls herself an animal lover & then comes out with this. I looked at the 'Recent on air' videos but it's a previous show with Chloe. I've lost count of the number of complaints I've made about this dratted woman & her ridiculous, sometimes obscene comments but all to no avail. I don't care if she apologised, the damage is done & I'm so disgusted I'm taking it higher.

I've just sent this to the Q: 'Ms Huntley suggested using a pressure washer on a dog after taking it out for a walk. She apologised, hopefully she was forced to do this by her director, but by then the damage was done. I've complained about her over-sharing previously, however, it seems nothing stops this woman. She is a television shop assistant & I don't want to hear about her bowel function, her menstrual cycle & most definitely don't want to hear suggestions of animal cruelty. Please retrain or dismiss her'. Grrr

I have two more suggestions for her on power washing.....her brain and her mouth!! Stupid, stupid woman, I cannot watch any show that she is presenting, no matter what the product is, the ridiculous comments and preening at the camera....for me is the "off" button straight away.

Imo most of the presenters seem bored with their jobs and not paying attention to the products they are presenting , today on Style I heard Chloe say 'Medium is gone in all Sizes' I think Julia is still the best presenter on qvc, when she is not being a diva...

I wpnder if QVC will have to post a warning when a power washer comes on - not suitable for cleaning your pets :mysmilie_48:

She calls herself an animal lover & then comes out with this. I looked at the 'Recent on air' videos but it's a previous show with Chloe. I've lost count of the number of complaints I've made about this dratted woman & her ridiculous, sometimes obscene comments but all to no avail. I don't care if she apologised, the damage is done & I'm so disgusted I'm taking it higher.

Forgive my lack of understanding. What damage exactly has been done, Twilight?

Forgive my lack of understanding. What damage exactly has been done, Twilight?

The damage is that she's suggested this as a selling point for the product & that there are some who may do this & injure an animal. I'm sure that there are revolting individuals who've actually done this but to know that she's recommended this 'procedure' during a presentation is unacceptable.

Twilight, Julius on many occasions has let us know he is not an animal lover. But the first time I have noted his total ignorance, which is no excuse for Chuntely or his stupidity!:mysmilie_51:

Julius, tell you what you stand and let someone put a powerwash on you at full force, then ask the moronic question, What harm can it do again?

Twilight, Julius on many occasions has let us know he is not an animal lover. But the first time I have noted his total ignorance, which is no excuse for Chuntely or his stupidity!:mysmilie_51:

Julius, tell you what you stand and let someone put a powerwash on you at full force, then ask the moronic question, What harm can it do again?

I would plead "not guilty" to the "totally ignorant" charge. Same goes for "not an animal lover." I'm sure Syrup-Voice shouldn't have said what she said, however I do wonder wonder whether it was just a no more than a flippant little quip, for which she duly apologised. I can't imagine she would, in all seriousness, suggest washing a dog with such an appliance, or stating that was a legitimate usage. I know QVC is very American-centric, however we can understand irony in the UK, or at least most of us can, perhaps apart from certain band of people who choose to jump on a certain bandwagon and bang a certain drum. If people are stupid enough to take what CH said literally then they should be in an asylum!

The only damage that's been done is likely the fragile sensibilties of a few people may have been hurt because they choose to unnecessarily make an issue out of something

If, and I say IF Cath Huntley made her "suggestion" in all seriousness, that would be an entirely different matter, of course, and could arguably see her and Q part company. I think it's important to view things in context.

The only damage that's been done is likely the fragile sensibilties of a few people may have been hurt because they choose to unnecessarily make an issue out of something

If, and I say IF Cath Huntley made her "suggestion" in all seriousness, that would be an entirely different matter, of course, and could arguably see her and Q part company. I think it's important to view things in context.

I couldn't agree more Donna.

I would plead "not guilty" to the "totally ignorant" charge. Same goes for "not an animal lover." I'm sure Syrup-Voice shouldn't have said what she said, however I do wonder wonder whether it was just a no more than a flippant little quip, for which she duly apologised. I can't imagine she would, in all seriousness, suggest washing a dog with such an appliance, or stating that was a legitimate usage. I know QVC is very American-centric, however we can understand irony in the UK, or at least most of us can, perhaps apart from certain band of people who choose to jump on a certain bandwagon and bang a certain drum. If people are stupid enough to take what CH said literally then they should be in an asylum!

You'd plead "not guilty" to the "ignorance" charge then hey Julius...........the Jury is still in on that one. As for pleading not guilty to "not an animal lover" the Jury is back with its verdict judging by the evidence of past comments and I'm afraid it's a big, fat "Guilty!!"

Oh and for the record, I channel hopped unfortunately at that particular time, and yes, she was 100% serious.

I assume you didn't see it. I didn't see the actual event but I saw the apology and I don't think she had made a flippant remark. She actually said that she hadn't got a power washer and didn't realise that it was that powerful. She said she was very sorry and please don't use it on your dog or words to that effect. She added that she can say stupid things sometimes. She had obviously been taken to task over it.

You'd plead "not guilty" to the "ignorance" charge then hey Julius...........the Jury is still in on that one. As for pleading not guilty to "not an animal lover" the Jury is back with its verdict judging by the evidence of past comments and I'm afraid it's a big, fat "Guilty!!"

Oh and for the record, I channel hopped unfortunately at that particular time, and yes, she was 100% serious.

Then she should be fired! I really must try and watch the clip. I find it difficult to believe that even Cath Huntley would suggest pressure washing a dog!

What next? Will she be suggesting people buy that stupid £200 purple hairdryer so they can dry their cats after they've been out in the rain? Or you could use your Clarisonic to free it of feline dandruff!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeowwww!

Last edited:
Then she should be fired! I really must try and watch the clip. I find it difficult to believe that even Cath Huntley would suggest pressure washing a dog!

What next? Will she be suggesting people buy that stupid £200 purple hairdryer so they can dry their cats after they've been out in the rain? Or you could use your Clarisonic to free it of feline dandruff!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeowwww!

The hairdryer is actually £300, which in itself is quite funny, as for the Clarisonic, it's not for dandruff (unless you can now get dandruff on your face, which I doubt) no it's a facial cleanser, so unless you know any cats who Cleanse and Polish I doubt a Clarisonic would benefit them.

[I've just sent this to the Q: 'Ms Huntley suggested using a pressure washer on a dog after taking it out for a walk. She apologised, hopefully she was forced to do this by her director, but by then the damage was done. I've complained about her over-sharing previously, however, it seems nothing stops this woman. She is a television shop assistant & I don't want to hear about her bowel function, her menstrual cycle & most definitely don't want to hear suggestions of animal cruelty. Please retrain or dismiss her'. Grrr/QUOTE]

Having worked in retailing for more years than I want to admit 'shop assistants' are hugely under-rated and under appreciated members of the workforce, they are usually well trained and have to have a good working knowledge of the products they sell, they also have to deal with rude members of the public on a daily basis and they have to keep their till accurate. They do a thankless task for minimum pay.

Unlike QVC presenters who can spout any old tosh, play with their tablets, shop while on air and chat about anything other that the products they are selling.

I wouldn't give any of them a job in my store

Latest posts

Back