•  » PERSONAL AVATAR
    •  » UNLIMITED PM'S

JUST 9.00 FOR LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP

NO MORE ANNOYING BANNERS

YES! I want become a VIP right now!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is anybody buying?

ADVERTISING

Good morning, everyone. Returning gemaholic here!

I had to give up buying jewellery due to a change in circumstances but recently started again. Is anybody buying much from Gemporia these days? I bought a chrome diopside solitaire in silver from them last week and it knocked the socks off the diopside ring I also bought from TJC, to compare.

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
      Haven't bought in years.
      Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have bought 2 rings lately which are very nice but I do not buy as often as I used to. I bought a 1ct diamond ring a couple of years ago and the diamonds are terrible. They are very grey and cloudy. This has put me off buying diamonds from them. It also anoys me that they say the prices are so low when in fact they are not. Even in their "sale" the prices don't appear to be any lower than they have been before.

Likes donna255 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

QVC use really low grade diamonds and chips, so will never give the clarity of their diamonds and to be honest no reputable jeweller will touch QVC jewellery with a barge pole anyway. I agree with what you say, that Lori (gets on my) Wickmire (?) the QVC diamond "expert" with the Texas drawl annoys me how she can sit there and blatantly lie about quality and prices, never mind though if she doesn't value her own credibility and respect, who are we to argue. I was a jewellery snob for years till I realised second hand diamonds and gold is were the best value is, a jeweller will always tell you what you're buying.

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Havent purchased anything from gemporia for well over a year for a whole variety of reasons. I have never purchased from qvc i dont think they will post outside of the uk anyway. I think its best to buy diamonds only if you know what your buying otherwise it seems to be a large minefield. think its difficult to make comparisons between selly telly channels unless all carat weight and gram metal weight and design is exactly the same.