Todays Top Tech with Amazon TSV 13/05/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Amazon Echo Spot Smart Speaker
Item Number: 515508
QVC Price £120.00
Todays Special Value Price £99.96
P&P £0.00

The Amazon Echo Spot is a voice controlled speaker featuring handy virtual personal assistant Alexa with a screen to display her responses, in a new stylish and compact design that can fit anywhere in the home. Whether you want to see flash news alerts and the weather forecast as you have breakfast on a Monday morning, or you want to listen to your current audiobook as you drift off on a Sunday night, all you have to do is ask, and its new smaller size makes the Echo Spot truly your own Personal Assistant.

*A great saving: If you were to buy the Echo Spot directly from Amazon you’d pay £119.99. So to get it for our Today's Special Value price of only £99.98, you’re saving £20.01.

Up close and personal - the compact size and viewing angle of the screen make Echo Spot ideal for use on a bedside table as a smart alarm clock that can also turn your lights on and off, or at your desk to show your commute time, your daily calendar or make calls. You can also use Spot in the kitchen to easily set and see timers, shopping and to-do lists, find recipes and more.

Music connected - Echo Spot can connect directly to any speakers already in your home using a 3.5mm stereo cable or Bluetooth, which allows you to add voice control to the stereo systems already in your home. Watch as the Echo Spot's display comes alive to show song lyrics, curated playlists or album artwork with Amazon Music, Spotify or TuneIn; plus with the Bluetooth connection you can stream other music services such as Apple Music from your phone or tablet to your Spot and out through your speakers too.

Sit back and relax - with compatible devices such as cameras, lights, TVs, plugs, thermostats and more, you can use the Echo Spot to smart-control your home. Whether it's seeing a live camera feed from the baby’s room or the front door, turning up the fan and dimming down the lights from the couch, or even turning off the lamp when you go to bed, Spot will let you do it all without lifting a finger.

Be together more - make hands-free video calls to friends and family when you’re working from home or relaxing on the couch, just ask Alexa to place a call from your Spot to anyone with a supported Echo device or the Alexa App.

Say hello with Drop In - using the app, Drop In allows you to virtually 'visit' your loved ones in a different room, so you can let them know it’s time for dinner, you can see the baby’s nursery or check in on the kid's bedrooms. Plus when you're out and about you’re always in the know with what's going on at home via your smartphone. Rest assured you always have complete control of the feature too; you can turn it on or off at any time, select who is allowed to Drop In on you, choose which devices are available and even decline Drop Ins.

Seamless set up and easy to use - just plug it in, connect to the internet with the Alexa app, and you are ready to go. The included Quick Start Guide will help you get the most out of your Echo Spot, and there are no subscription fees to use it. There are also manual up and down volume buttons, plus a mic/camera on/off button for when you don’t want to be disturbed.

Always getting smarter - featuring second-generation far-field technology with four microphones, beam-forming technology and enhanced noise cancellation, the Echo Spot can hear you from across the room - even while music is playing. Plus the more you use Echo Spot, the more Alexa adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary and personal preferences. And because it is always connected, updates are delivered automatically.

Colour options:

Black
White

What's in the box?

1 x Echo Spot
1 x power adaptor with 1.8 m (6ft) cable
1 x Quick Start Guide

Geographical restrictions:
The Amazon Echo HD speaker will have limited functionality outside of mainland UK, the Channel Islands, Germany and the USA

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.515508

Just had a quick look, I know many people probably use it but I just don't see the appeal. I do however see Fibby Flint is living up to her name though, in an attempt to get you to buy more than you need or can afford she says "I've got four of these, three in my house in Devon, one at my brothers and one I take on the train with me" ooops Fibby, that's five. After noticing she's trying to hide her left eye with her hair.......over the channel goes :mysmilie_17:

Not much on QVC to tempt me today, hours of Lee Holbein, the Gnome and CR...

They should only be allowed to do that when they have paid for the product. Not saying that she didn’t pay for her 4/5.
There’s always an excessive excitement about a product that they have been allowed to try out at home!

I've gone for it!

I resisted all the previous Echo/Alexa range but this one got me, and the price at the moment is the best available, although I suspect it will be that price everywhere soon. I tried to get the "Show" when it was a TSV, but then saw on here that Amazon sells it as a special deal now and again, so I waited for one, but then just missed one.

Overall, although the screen is a fraction of the size, I think it will be more convenient than the "Show" as it is so small.

At least I can return it if I don't like it.

A lot of magazine reviews are uneasy about the camera. You can turn it off, but a hacker can turn it back on, so I will tape over mine.

I dithered too long, I did NOT want the black one, and by the time I ordered, the white was on advanced order for the end of May / beginning of June.

Latest posts

Back