oh c'mon Langsford

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
For all the bluster about being hands on, involved in design, and specially posed promos with models, exhibiting facial expressions / hands in the air / kneeling to measure hemlines, and she still cant name the 3 lengths of her jeans ?????? NOT rocket science to remember 29/31 and 33 inches is it Ruth. You looked a complete numbnut when the Vampire asked about the hem lengths, and the pair of you floundering without a set of notes.

And your blazer looks cheap - you even had to turn up the cuffs on the one you were wearing. Your poly dress looked too tight and 'pulled' on the models, and you wonder why the prices are reduced ??? cos no-ones buying dear girl !

Is there a channel that she isn't on these days? You can barely switch on the tv without seeing her, I don't understand her popularity.

I only saw some of the second hour which was more than enough cringe-viewing, Katy P was like a fish out of water....constantly interrupting Ruth, shouting and silly laughing in all the wrong places. Someone needed to shout in her ear....for heaven's sake...tone it down woman!

I used the sky+ so I could FF the waffle, (which was most of it) I have yet to see something of the RL fashion that I would buy, the bust and bum seem cut very skimpy, if the clothes look tight on the models I can only imagine what I would look like in one of her outfits...not a pretty sight.:mysmilie_17:

Is there a channel that she isn't on these days? You can barely switch on the tv without seeing her, I don't understand her popularity.

Those who make tv shows obviously look at the demographic & probably see her as the counterbalance to Davina McCall & all the reality show wannabes. Everything goes in cycles & circles, a few years ago tv seemed full of makeover programmes for gardens, homes & people with Linda Barker, Charlie Dimmock & others switching on Christmas lights & all over the covers of umpteen magazines. I always liked Ruth & found her to be a kind & sensitive person when I saw her talking to those who had faced tragedy & unhappiness. However, she now comes across as more than a bit puffed up. It's interesting that Katy P didn't appear to gel with her because much the same was said when Julia was with her a few weeks ago, maybe Kabler the gabbler is the only one she likes. I wonder how the newer presenters would have coped with Joan Rivers or even the man from Deans Bears (yes, I know that's a long time ago...) who I remember as being quite difficult.

[mum writes]

Is it me or do we see the same clothes touted every week? And much of it is so frumpy and old fashioned. I thought Katy's dress looked appalling! I have always liked Ruth too but, I must say, she seems to be suffering from what I call Carol Vorderman Syndrome, where you see her on everything. It won't be long before everyone gets fed up and she disappears into TV wilderness.

She clearly has a brilliant Agent. Most of these 'Queens of daytime tele' can put on their sympathetic faces when it suits, whether its Holly (I'll endorse anything)Willoughby, Lorraine (the manic grinner) Kelly, or Ruth (hard as nails) Langsford. None of them are as "down to earth" - that well over used phrase, as they like to appear.

As for the much hyped Vorderman - who goes through men like a warm knife through butter, much press about her ****** flying lessons, then her plane, then how she was preparing to fly around the world, and oh yes she's got a tv production company to pay for it. Clearly hasn't happened but good publicity for her anyway.

I suppose next in line will be Catherine Zeta Jones, who is in full flow on America QVC with her homewares. Saints preserve us.

You can buy all RL's stuff in Asda, Tesco or Sainsburys for a fraction of the price but it's called George, Tu, F&F and not Ruth.

CC

I thought the same as everyone else, there are some nice things, but if you put yourself out there, attend all the fashion meetings (I wonder she has the time to do so) then you should at the very least be right up on the knowledge of your garment sizes.

I sometimes feel that QVC patronize its customers because they invite minor celebs to guest and show off their wares - this is a prime example, prior to hearing Ruth was going to do a design show with QVC I was amazed as I have never thought of her as a fashion icon, or even that she was all that interested. Fame brings a lot of goodies I guess.

Ruth did remember her name on the label and her signature coloured binding on the lining of the blazer and the chain that you can hang it up on though lol

She knows as much about her ‘range’ as Kelly Hoppen knows about her ‘designs’ for QVC ... not a lot!

I noticed yesterday, that she is on the front cover of a mag called How to look Younger...or some such title.
Had a quick look through it, apparently her hairstyle is one we should have at a certain age.

No thanks,it never moves and certainly is helmet hair, very ageing.

Latest posts

Back