Peony

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Peony claim to ship their products between 7 - 10 working days. Well I ordered on 30th March, and checking my Orders, found it was only being despatched today 18 days after ordering. Anyone else have lengthy waits from Peony ?

they are rarely worth the wait. some are lovely some are rubbish. get your postage back as the outside the delivery time

Don't worry,Brissles, ol' Tipp-Ex-Gnashers is probably still examining the real flaaaahs (in her wood-panelled hall in Ruckley) with with a magnifying glass to ensure the accuracy of detail.

Mind you, who wants to wait half an eternity for some dreary faux phalaenopsis? Get some real flaaaaahs and enjoy their transient beauty.

Don't worry,Brissles, ol' Tipp-Ex-Gnashers is probably still examining the real flaaaahs (in her wood-panelled hall in Ruckley) with with a magnifying glass to ensure the accuracy of detail.

Mind you, who wants to wait half an eternity for some dreary faux phalaenopsis? Get some real flaaaaahs and enjoy their transient beauty.

Orchids are available in M&S (and other supermarkets) very cheaply and with a bit of tlc will bloom again and again.

Orchids are available in M&S (and other supermarkets) very cheaply and with a bit of tlc will bloom again and again.

Despite my best efforts, orchids turn their face to the wall in my presence and I can't cope with the guilt, so it's faux by necessity for me :mysmilie_17:

i like good faux flowers and grow real flowers for indoor and outdoor. some peony stuff and good. quite a lot are naff. i bought an orchid and more attention was paid to bark chips and real touch leaves , lovely vessels but the cheapest fabric making the cheapest orchid flowers that would not look out of place in the pound shop. i don't know how she gets the RHS award because her stuff is not the best out there

I ordered a Peony arrangement in early March it took weeks to arrive, I contacted QVC & they couldn’t tell me the status of my order.They did send the form to claim non delivery in the meantime my order arrived.I have in the last week had an email to say my order has been dispatched!I expected another one to arrive!Nothing as yet & at the moment am too preoccupied with more serious matters I haven’t followed up— will get checking the easy pays though!I would think twice about ordering from Peony/QVC again as ‘right hand’clearly doesn’t know what ‘left hand’ is doing.

It takes QVC time to pass the order on to Peony, and sometimes not at all.
After the specified time QVC update your order to say dispatched and often the item arrives before they send you dispatch email
I would phone Peony directly, their customer service is excellent and they will be able to tell you what’s happening.

I have always been happy with my Peony flaaahs but they have all taken much longer than expected to be delivered.

I usually do buy fresh, but saw the Hydrangeas in a vase which ideally will fill a spot in my bathroom, however after seeing some negative reviews it could be on its way back, and cheaper for me to buy some individual faux hydrangeas and bung in a vase.

I usually do buy fresh, but saw the Hydrangeas in a vase which ideally will fill a spot in my bathroom, however after seeing some negative reviews it could be on its way back, and cheaper for me to buy some individual faux hydrangeas and bung in a vase.

I like hydrangeas. Are the ones you ordered pink? Or are they blue?

I bought a set of three small vases of spring flowers years ago and they were/are so pretty and good value, later on I bought a bigger bouquet and I was really disappointed so I have never bothered again. I can't remember how long the despatch time was.

like i said before peony are a case of extremes they are either surprisingly good are really bad. and they make it hard to get a refund so it puts me off. some of the high end stores Fenwicks or John Lewis sell some really good faux flowers so does marks and spencer. nice to see before you buy. plus i find julie a bit false loving everything and its cack when you get it

I had wanted to buy the Peony daffodils since I like them and it would be nice to have them immortalised, as it were, to see all year round, however I really could not bring myself to line Julie Tipp-Ex Gnashers's pockets. I don't want that dreadful woman to profit from me. However exquisite her plastic flaaaahs may be, she's not getting my cash and that's all there is to it!

she uses some of the cheapest faux flowers she can get her mitts on which is a shame as she's not the cheapest

I grew up in Blackpoot in the 60s and 70s and there were more than a couple of guest houses with faded plastic tulips in the window, often with accompanying sign saying "Use of cruet extra"! So it took a long time to consider fake flowers. The Peony ones I've kept are beautiful: blousy peonies and buds, hydrangeas etc. The quality has been very hit and miss so I've returned quite a few.

I have a mental block when it comes to buying faux flowers. Back in the 1960`s every corner shop had bunches of plastic tulips and daffodils and you were given one free with a purchase of Daz or Tide. The image of walking past houses with vases in their front widows filled with ever growing bunches of plastic flowers has never left me. I grew up in a Lancashire mill town and lived in a small red brick terraced house with a back yard and an outside toilet. Nobody had gardens where I lived and fresh flowers were something you only saw at weddings and funerals. Nowadays fresh flowers are affordable especially from supermarkets and even though as an adult I`ve always been lucky enough to have a garden I still love treating myself every week to fresh flowers, albeit under a fiver supermarket (Aldi) ones and I often think how my Mum would have loved to do the same all those years ago.
Back to Peony ( sorry for my ramble down memory lane ) there is a house near me who must have an avid Peony fan living there because every time there`s a Peony tsv within a few weeks I always see it in the house`s front window. To each their own but faux flowers aren`t for me and I`ve told hubby that if I pop my clogs before he does and he even contemplates laying faux flowers on top of my grave then I will ****** haunt him !

I think Peony are very over-rated, and rolling in the money as they do. I have seen some beautiful and most realistic faux in some of the local shops as well as garden centres, where you can also buy the brand Peony. I dislike with a passion anything faux, but I do have the odd faux in the house but would never pay £60 - £126 or so for anything like that.

Latest posts

Back