Peony

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i just love flowers. i am lucky to have a tiny garden and grow as much as i can in the small space. i love fresh grand bouquets so tend to get fab bouquets as presents. i like faux too but i am a bit fussy because i know that there are really good imitations out there. and julie goes on about her RHS connections its a wonder she sells some of the atrocities she does

My mum was a big fan of plastic flowers (and fruit, and strings of plastic onions in the kitchen!). In fact, my first pet, a white guinea pig with pink eyes, died after ingesting a bunch of mum's plastic daisies whilst I cleaned out his hutch.
I like some of the fake silk flowers these days, which I can buy at the local garden centre, but the Peony vases are usually quite nice. I prefer the ones without the fake water, so that I can use the vase for real flowers when the need arises.

I have several arrangements from Peony including TSVs and have been pleased with them all.Just had a delayed delivery the last order.My first foray into fake was with Bloom but now I think Peony are as good.I love,love fresh flowers & if I could afford would order from a very designer Florist in my little town.A friend once brought me some Lilies, a huge bunch from Tesco, they were spectacular & lasted ages,just gorgeous.

I like hydrangeas. Are the ones you ordered pink? Or are they blue?

White, and have now received them. Not exactly Persil white either, more of a mucky ivory ! But as my lounge curtains are apple green with a white hydrangea print, I thought I'd be a bit mixy matchy.

I have a mental block when it comes to buying faux flowers. Back in the 1960`s every corner shop had bunches of plastic tulips and daffodils and you were given one free with a purchase of Daz or Tide. The image of walking past houses with vases in their front widows filled with ever growing bunches of plastic flowers has never left me. I grew up in a Lancashire mill town and lived in a small red brick terraced house with a back yard and an outside toilet. Nobody had gardens where I lived and fresh flowers were something you only saw at weddings and funerals. Nowadays fresh flowers are affordable especially from supermarkets and even though as an adult I`ve always been lucky enough to have a garden I still love treating myself every week to fresh flowers, albeit under a fiver supermarket (Aldi) ones and I often think how my Mum would have loved to do the same all those years ago.
Back to Peony ( sorry for my ramble down memory lane ) there is a house near me who must have an avid Peony fan living there because every time there`s a Peony tsv within a few weeks I always see it in the house`s front window. To each their own but faux flowers aren`t for me and I`ve told hubby that if I pop my clogs before he does and he even contemplates laying faux flowers on top of my grave then I will ****** haunt him !

Yep Vienna, I remember those packs of detergent with the plastic flowers, my Mum loved getting a free plastic rose or carnation - well, anything free back in the day was a bonus. Who remembers all the free glasses we got at the garage with petrol ? everything from tumblers to wine glasses were obtainable. Not forgetting the cigarette coupons ! oh Lord, before I married the family saved up so many coupons I was able to get an ironing board, table lamp, Pyrex dishes and Mum even got a 9ct gold bracelet !!! Can you imagine ?

White, and have now received them. Not exactly Persil white either, more of a mucky ivory ! But as my lounge curtains are apple green with a white hydrangea print, I thought I'd be a bit mixy matchy.

Julie probably used up all her bleach on her gnashers, or maybe your flaahhs fell in a vat of Tan-Luxe? I dread to think how clashy your lounge will look. Nice crisp white hydrangeas on the curtains and their off-white cousins on the mantelpiece!

As Glen Campbell would say: "There's a story running right through, there."

Last edited:
Julie probably used up all her bleach on her gnashers, or maybe your flaahhs fell in a vat of Tan-Luxe? I dread to think how clashy your lounge will look. Nice crisp white hydrangeas on the curtains and their off-white cousins on the mantelpiece!

As Glen Campbell would say: "There's a story running right through, there."

Yes, they're on their way back as we speak !!

Latest posts

Back