New Meat Brand on Q (James Alexander)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Of course, the animal is not really awarded what is happening. Otherwise, it is standing and has its throat cut and fully awake and aware. Animals can be afraid, feel pain and stress the same as a human.

Would you like to go the dentist and be numbed to remove a tooth or just have them pull it from your jaw? Go in for an operation and not be knocked out and just have the surgeon just start cutting you open?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/halal-and-kosher-slaughter

Kosher meat also has the same style of thing too.

Just read the guidelines and there's no way on this earth that those "guidelines" are carried out in this country. There was a programme on Channel 5 a few years back were no guidelines are followed by the Muslim community because there are too many animals to be slaughtered, is anything done about it? are they prosecuted for it! Absolutely not, they're only animals after all.

IMO animals being killed for food should be done lawfully and humanely and not by archaic religious beliefs.How anyone can believe cutting an animals throat is necessary I don’t know.

In my last job at a hostel for men we housed 65 men of various ages and backgrounds. When I first started working there if we had any Muslim residents they were told the meat wasn`t Halal but the chef would prepare them a veggie meal instead.
Our local government in their wisdom and because they had financial input into running the hostel then decided that because a Muslim resident had complained there were no Halal meat dishes for him, that all meat used at the hostel would be changed to Halal. The residents were never told they were eating Halal meat and out of 65 residents any any given time we only had maybe 2 to 4 men who were Muslim.
I strongly objected to the change to Halal meat and also objected that the residents were never told but it fell on deaf ears.

I'm sick and tired by the way things are creeping in by stealth in this country. The majority of meat now is halal - whether bought in supermarkets or restaurants / food establishments. Why isn't this made clear to the public? Where has choice gone? Why are meat eaters practically being forced to eat halal?

In my last job at a hostel for men we housed 65 men of various ages and backgrounds. When I first started working there if we had any Muslim residents they were told the meat wasn`t Halal but the chef would prepare them a veggie meal instead.
Our local government in their wisdom and because they had financial input into running the hostel then decided that because a Muslim resident had complained there were no Halal meat dishes for him, that all meat used at the hostel would be changed to Halal. The residents were never told they were eating Halal meat and out of 65 residents any any given time we only had maybe 2 to 4 men who were Muslim.
I strongly objected to the change to Halal meat and also objected that the residents were never told but it fell on deaf ears.

They did that at my canteen at my previous job - so as to try and please everyone. I objected to it.

Recently I was at Gatwick Airport and the security people were using dogs to check people, however they deemed it necessary to give people the choice to be searched by other means if they didn't like dogs! I am sick and tired of the pervasion of religion into areas it needn't affect.

Latest posts

Back