New Meat Brand on Q (James Alexander)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I`ve never bought meat from Q and never would but I know quite a few people did so. I`d be very wary of this company. A quick google shows they sell to the far east and also to Dubai which is of course a mainly Muslim Country so it leads me to question how the meat may be slaughtered ?
http://www.in-cumbria.com/Apprentic...sales-1c731219-f320-47c3-8955-890e9be62ef6-ds

I don't shop now with QVC as my Forum buddies know, but even when I did, I'd sooner cut off my arm and give it the husband with chips than buy meat from QVC, at least he knows were it's come from, but let's face it, I doubt a company that sells beauty products that sell in China, were most goods they sell are made in China and have Dennis Bastardo on air flogging his stuff, would give a toss how a living, breathing animal is slaughtered, if they can make money from it, that'll do them.

I`ve never bought meat from Q and never would but I know quite a few people did so. I`d be very wary of this company. A quick google shows they sell to the far east and also to Dubai which is of course a mainly Muslim Country so it leads me to question how the meat may be slaughtered ?
http://www.in-cumbria.com/Apprentic...sales-1c731219-f320-47c3-8955-890e9be62ef6-ds

Good point and very feasible, sadly.

I’m surprised QVC are still selling meat after that fiasco earlier this year.

My understanding is that for Kosher and Halal, the animal has to be conscious before slaughter.... I think there is still an ongoing debate about this when they try to improve standards at abbatoirs, as there are always exemptions applied for based on cultural beliefs or religious laws.

It's probably halal, so a prayer is said over the blade and the animal's throat is slashed for the blood to drain out.

Halal has got to be the most barbaric, abhorrent, disgusting ritual since the beginning of time, and now it's 2018 and shouldn't be allowed, all I can think of is the animal must taste better when it's died in unimaginable fear and pain, the whole thing just knocks me sick to be honest.

Halal has got to be the most barbaric, abhorrent, disgusting ritual since the beginning of time, the animal must taste better when it's died in unimaginable fear and pain, the who,e thing just knocks me sick to be honest.

Islam considers blood to be an impurity. I don't quite understand the logic of the animal being alive and conscious, and feeling the pain, I must say. I have asked many Muslims, who have all been unable to answer this question . My landlady told me that it is important just to believe and not to question. I said to her: "If people had continued to do that we'd all be living in caves and scratching in the ground for food. If something is so good and true for all eternity then it should stand up to close examination, and I'll question anything I damn well want to!"
There are people on this (spherical) planet who believe it's flat. There are people who believe in Peter Popoff - even though he's been debunked countless times. People believe what they want to believe because it gives them comfort.

Yes Julius I'm aware of all that, and of course people should believe in whatever they want if it brings them comfort, of course they should, what I can't get my head around though, is why the scream of an animal and the look of fear in its eyes whilst it's being slaughtered alive, would bring anyone the slightest bit of comfort.

Yes they think boood is impure, but just not the eight pints that's in their body allowing them to put one foot in front of the other, hypocritical? I think so.

Yes Julius I'm aware of all that, and of course people should believe in whatever they want if it brings them comfort, of course they should, what I can't get my head around though, is why the scream of an animal and the look of fear in its eyes whilst it's being slaughtered alive, would bring anyone the slightest bit of comfort.

Yes they think boood is impure, but just not the eight pints that's in their body allowing them to put one foot in front of the other, hypocritical? I think so.

I get what you mean, Shopper. As for the blood, it's drained away anyway, regardless of how the animal is killed, therefore I'm really don't understand why the animals need to be put through the halal process.

I get what you mean, Shopper. As for the blood, it's drained away anyway, regardless of how the animal is killed, therefore I'm really don't understand why the animals need to be put through the halal process.

I absolutely agree.

lets be honest all meat eating and butchering has its drawbacks. your still killing another living thing

lets be honest all meat eating and butchering has its drawbacks. your still killing another living thing

Yep, same with the poor potato we wrench out of the ground and rob of its starch and carbohydrates to fuel our bodies. Arguably the potato is less sentient than an animal though. I think Halal puts animals through unnecessary suffering. Whilst I'm not particularly against eating animals per se I don't think we should make them suffer unnecessarily in the process. Halal seems like something from ancient times, where the thinking just hasn't moved on. It's very sad really.

Yes it does, but we're supposed to be civilised society, one which is supposed to be compassionate and caring, animals should be killed humanely for meat.

I have never, and would never, buy food from QVC of any kind as I can get everything of quality myself. I am not a meat eater, but my husband is so I have to buy it and wish he would change but that's him. I haven't eaten meat since I was 5 or so, if I did I would still never dream of buying it from QVC.

I wish they would drop it altogether, as for some of the sweet goodies, I can get these at my local Dobbies Garden World which is less than 2 miles away - I can't get my head around why they would sell, and why people would buy this way anyway.

maybe i don't understand the issues is it better to stun the animal then slaughter it?

Of course, the animal is not really awarded what is happening. Otherwise, it is standing and has its throat cut and fully awake and aware. Animals can be afraid, feel pain and stress the same as a human.

Would you like to go the dentist and be numbed to remove a tooth or just have them pull it from your jaw? Go in for an operation and not be knocked out and just have the surgeon just start cutting you open?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/halal-and-kosher-slaughter

Kosher meat also has the same style of thing too.

Latest posts

Back