Alison Young In The Daily Mail

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The fact that every single item she mentions is sold on QVC, out of the thousands upon thousands of beauty products out there, just shows that even though she's changed her title from "resident beauty expert" to "qualified beauty expert" even though she has no qualifications, proves she's just a beauty presenter.

Yes, and she constantly states that she is the qualified beauty expert,has something been questioned at some point I wonder? She probably does have them....but from decades ago.

I attended a skincare event last week at our Debenhams in town, it was Caroline Hirons for Clarins.
I had a skin consultation with her afterwards,she was great, and she certainly knows what she's talking about.

Yes, and she constantly states that she is the qualified beauty expert,has something been questioned at some point I wonder? She probably does have them....but from decades ago.

I attended a skincare event last week at our Debenhams in town, it was Caroline Hirons for Clarins.
I had a skin consultation with her afterwards,she was great, and she certainly knows what she's talking about.

Ohhh whats Caroline like in real life, does she have good skin. She has lost a lot of weight recently?

Ha ha ! I just bet old Julia Roberts was gnashing her teeth that Alison had a double page spread, AND naming her as the most powerful woman in beauty !!!

Ha ha ! I just bet old Julia Roberts was gnashing her teeth that Alison had a double page spread, AND naming her as the most powerful woman in beauty !!!

If I was AY I'd get that bit framed and hung on the make-up room wall :D

She looked nice in that head and shoulders pic, but the short dress and odd shoes did nothing for her in the full length shot. Meow

She looked nice in that head and shoulders pic, but the short dress and odd shoes did nothing for her in the full length shot. Meow

It wouldn't be Alison Young without a hideously badly-chosen frock.... At least she seemed to have had her hair done for the photo shoot. That's a rarity.

So much one could say about this....but no....I won't say anything at all! I'm not saying anything!

Now, I have a problem with AY in that she has been presenting on QVC for 20+ years which means she was somewhere in the age range of 30/32. Now, each time she presents she begins by saying she's Ally Young ''qualified beauty expert'' ok fine, but in my book why the repeated description, she does it every time, also in my book to be an expert at anything, you have to have done it over many years to be qualified to call yourself an expert, and I just don't think she was working in 'the proverbial high street' long enough to have become such.

Just my 2c worth because she is very popular but I just don't rate her.

she more than likey went to the local tech college and did a beauty course. like all beauty reps do if they want to work in the salon/beauty business.

now if she said she was a Neuropsycologist i would want to know if she went to university and had a doctorate in thesis subject.

Ohhh whats Caroline like in real life, does she have good skin. She has lost a lot of weight recently?

She has fab skin, you can't really tell from her on line videos, but it just glows. She wore minimal make up, no shimmerbrick in sight :wink

She told me I don't need glycolics, so no Alpha H for me, but advised me on other things.

She was very down to earth and friendly,dressed in khaki trousers,camouflage style top and trainers.

she sells a lot of beauty more than any rep could do... by virtue of being tv. she's making a lot of money for qvc so they will do anything to keep the goose that lays the golden egg. the most powerful woman in beauty is a money bias. and we all know that money talks.

I always remember when Prescriptives arrived at QVC, suddenly AY told us she had been using one of their moisturisers since the 80s along with the perfume. Of course, it was a secret the QVC audience never knew until the brand arrived there. Wonder what other products she really uses on the quiet?

she sells a lot of beauty more than any rep could do... by virtue of being tv. she's making a lot of money for qvc so they will do anything to keep the goose that lays the golden egg. the most powerful woman in beauty is a money bias. and we all know that money talks.

Perfectly put!

It's all a numbers game. As for her using Prescriptives since the 80s, it looks like she's been using her wardrobe since the 80s too.

I suspect the D/Mail article was correct though, in saying that cosmetics firms wouldn't shift the same amount of numbers without the exposure of QVC. Even Elemis was little heard of before it appeared on the channel, and if £3 million pounds worth of stock can be shifted in one day, then little wonder that brands like Kipling are on so regularly, and why the likes of Holden and Hoppen cant wait to get their grubby little mitts on a product to flog on there.

Latest posts

Back