Royal baby

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
It’s a boy ! 8lbs 7oz. No name yet.

Apologies - completely off topic !

Perhaps QVC will run a range of baby clothes fit for a prince ? (And princess of course, or any combo).

At least we're given respite from the 'wedding'. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm up to here with the media's obsession with Ms Markle - who even her family cant say a good word about. Can't see it lasting in my opinion.

At least we're given respite from the 'wedding'. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm up to here with the media's obsession with Ms Markle - who even her family cant say a good word about. Can't see it lasting in my opinion.

I am glad it's not just me! I liked her in Suits and with the first news but she is getting on my nerves a bit now. A bit too much virtue signalling for me!

I'm sure the family are very happy. Personally, I couldn't care less. This is the day when the NHS and judges are choosing to end little Alfie Evans' life.

God bless the new prince, a bit of nice news for a change. I also wish Prince Harry and his bride to be ... a long and happy married life.

Markle Sparkle is playing the greatest acting role of her life and once the constraints of Royal life kick in and the wedding fades to old news I suspect she will become bored with it all. Harry is obviously besotted and I hope it lasts but I`ve a feeling she`s playing to the camera and the crowds when they`re out in public.
As for the new baby, well I hope he has a long and happy life. Kate will be back on her diet and in the gym asap ready to fit into her wedding outfit in May.

I agree. Can’t be doing with her. Don’t know what the Queen is thinking of allowing it with her dubious past. She seems to discard people & dogs when no longer of use to her quest for fame. I too think she’ll get bored.

Her shoes always seem too big for her - perhaps she’s a half-size and has to go up a size

I'll be honest I'm not a Royalist and think they're the biggest benefit scrounges this country has, but I do wish the baby good health and happiness of course, but my thoughts are more with the babies that are fighting for their lives in an already underfunded, understaffed NHS, it's also with the parents who know their poor child will be taken away from them if the NHS get their way, so as for anything Royal, doesn't interest me at all.

I'll be honest I'm not a Royalist and think they're the biggest benefit scrounges this country has, but I do wish the baby good health and happiness of course, but my thoughts are more with the babies that are fighting for their lives in an already underfunded, understaffed NHS, it's also with the parents who know their poor child will be taken away from them if the NHS get their way, so as for anything Royal, doesn't interest me at all.

totally different outcomes. the haves and the have nots

'Markle Sparkle is playing the greatest acting role of her life and once the constraints of Royal life kick in and the wedding fades to old news I suspect she will become bored with it all. Harry is obviously besotted and I hope it lasts but I`ve a feeling she`s playing to the camera and the crowds when they`re out in public'.

Isn't she just! It's the adoring looks I find so false.

I agree, I'm not taken in by Markle at all, but who knows, Harry obviously is sure of it. Anyone noticed the facial likeness of Markle to Wallace Simpson - I have right off the bat.

I am not a Royalist at all, never have been but I did like Diana and I like William and Harry, but with all the money needed for other places within the UK I totally resent the public purse being used for them, although I concede there has to be some form of good security, we live in different times now, but even in the poorest of times way back in the past, the Royals never paid for their own weddings.

I don't have strong feelings about the Royal Family either for or against but I believe that the UK economy does make a profit from them.

Apart from the fact that HM pays tax, the profits from The Crown Estate, which last year was £1.8 billion were handed to the government and in return The Queen was given £82 million to pay staff. pensions etc.

Charities benefit from having Royal patronage and tourists love the whole pomp and ceremony.

Overall a good deal for the country.

I truly believe that people come to London for tourism that doesn't involve a brief glimpse at Buckingham Palace, I mean the countries I've visited wasn't to see the heads of state or presidents, it was to see the country itself, but even if that's true that people come to see the Queen, then why pay her family? Just pay the Queen, and if she wants to employ her family, let her pay them.

I agree, I'm not taken in by Markle at all, but who knows, Harry obviously is sure of it. Anyone noticed the facial likeness of Markle to Wallace Simpson - I have right off the bat.

I am not a Royalist at all, never have been but I did like Diana and I like William and Harry, but with all the money needed for other places within the UK I totally resent the public purse being used for them, although I concede there has to be some form of good security, we live in different times now, but even in the poorest of times way back in the past, the Royals never paid for their own weddings.

Yes I did like Diana, she was a lovely exceptional woman, she despised hunting stags on Balmoral which showed compassionate side, as well as everything else she did yes it was a sad loss the day she died.

And look how "the family" treated her.

If you read say the QVC US form, they adore the Royal Family, have seen threads for months about the coming baby, for years threads about Diana she is especially loved by them. I take this as snap shot of middle America or women of a certain age(the posters are in the 40s and over mainly), every thing that happens with the Royal Family you will find a new thread and pages and pages of posts.

Many don't like Markle(she doesn't bother me), others are not bothered it's Harry choice at the end of it all. One woman yesterday asked what exactly she had done to get so much dislike? Posed in Playboy? She did charity work long before she ever met Harry. She worked and earned her own money. She is divorced yes, but Charlie was carrying on with Camila when married to Diana and then divorced, Anne also divorced and so was Margaret and she was a play girl with many lovers. It was interesting to read this woman ask these questions.

Latest posts

Back