A dig at Meehaw ......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That’s a bog-standard key safe widely available on the high st at HALF their price. I was waiting for the guest to show us the “unique selling point” but there wasn’t one !

It made her come across as quite passive-aggressive, and really wasn't an appropriate thing to say in context of that presentation. It certainly didn't present her in a favourable light.

Last edited:
i don't mind katy i know she's not loved by everyone but that was a childish thing to say

It made her come across as quite passive-aggressive, and really wasn't an appropriate thing to say in context of that presentation. It certainly didn't present her in a favourable light.

Really? Can we not say anything about anyone any more? Silly, yes (they're all silly and I'm the last person to defend any of them usually) but surely it was only banter. No doubt the terminally offended will be up in arms on Facebook all the same, even if Miceal is not in the least bothered.

I don't know if other people thought it was funny for the same reason as me, that it was a joke about his height.

On the other hand, perhaps it was something to do with him becoming Prime Minister.

Really? Can we not say anything about anyone any more? Silly, yes (they're all silly and I'm the last person to defend any of them usually) but surely it was only banter. No doubt the terminally offended will be up in arms on Facebook all the same, even if Miceal is not in the least bothered.

I'm not terminally offended, nor do I intend to post anything on social media, I just don't think her comment was necessary during a tv demonstration of a product. She could have said it in private or something instead. I don't want to know their "in-jokes." It wasn't professional. Imagine if she'd made a joke of his being gay? Or being Irish? I just think people should be careful about that sort of thing, particularly in the workplace. Maybe Miceal wouldn't have been in the least bit bothered, however you can be sure that among the millions of people watching there will be some people who didn't like it. Her "we love you, Miceal" and making a heart symbol with her hands was an act of back-pedalling - make no mistake about that!

I'm not one of the PC brigade, however I do think it's important to be mindful of comments made about people's protected characteristics. I think the fact that Miceal wasn't there has a lot to do with it as well. I wonder how she'd feel if someone made a quip about her being a woman?

Last edited:
I thought it was very funny, and the presenter could hardly control her laughter at her own joke about Meehaw, or was she just acting?

I don't see the problem... if they get along well enough that she can get away with that joke, then so what. It was funny.

Latest posts

Back