Kipling TSV 23/06/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's been a long while since I've been tempted - this was the last one I bought from QVC (or anywhere else for that matter!) The yellow stripe colour combination reminded me of the Kipling shades of old, before they got stuck doing drab pinks, greens and weird prints. (IMHO)

They're excellent holiday bags - I have some donkey's years old that come out every Summer.

It's been a long while since I've been tempted - this was the last one I bought from QVC (or anywhere else for that matter!) The yellow stripe colour combination reminded me of the Kipling shades of old, before they got stuck doing drab pinks, greens and weird prints. (IMHO)

They're excellent holiday bags - I have some donkey's years old that come out every Summer.

I agree - although recently I did buy that Audria bag from eBay for a mere £30 and love it (so what if there was a bit of sand in it!) I wouldn’t even have bothered searching for that pattern had I not seen it as sold out on the QVC app.

What do you think about their weird Jim Bowen-esque ‘look at what you could’ve won’ tactic of showing us what we could’ve bought with the great big ✖️ covering it? Isn’t it best to completely remove from website if it isn’t going to come back in stock?

I agree - although recently I did buy that Audria bag from eBay for a mere £30 and love it (so what if there was a bit of sand in it!) I wouldn’t even have bothered searching for that pattern had I not seen it as sold out on the QVC app.

What do you think about their weird Jim Bowen-esque ‘look at what you could’ve won’ tactic of showing us what we could’ve bought with the great big ✖️ covering it? Isn’t it best to completely remove from website if it isn’t going to come back in stock?

its not quite as simple as that

its not quite as simple as that

Alas SCW, it never is!
It’s a shame that the multi-million turnover company can’t even afford/develop a basic search engine that means you can put a simple command in - for instance red handbag and get all current brands in stock with red handbags! Just did it (on the app, not sure if the desktop site had it but I only have my phone) and it returned a lone Butler & Wilson one with that in the title. On most websites these days you can put a simple request in or do a multi search by size, colour etc.
I’m not a computer programmer/coder/boffin but surely they could do something to make it as user friendly?
Thanks for info on other query - it does sound better so will have a think - for some reason I couldn’t thank for post (again, probably due to using my mobile!) x

Alas SCW, it never is!
It’s a shame that the multi-million turnover company can’t even afford/develop a basic search engine that means you can put a simple command in - for instance red handbag and get all current brands in stock with red handbags! Just did it (on the app, not sure if the desktop site had it but I only have my phone) and it returned a lone Butler & Wilson one with that in the title. On most websites these days you can put a simple request in or do a multi search by size, colour etc.
I’m not a computer programmer/coder/boffin but surely they could do something to make it as user friendly?
Thanks for info on other query - it does sound better so will have a think - for some reason I couldn’t thank for post (again, probably due to using my mobile!) x

they had it on the old website but with Q sometimes changing the colour names & all that it caused a few too many issues so it was easier for them to remove it than to try & fix it

Alas SCW, it never is!

Search for black handbag and this is what you get:-
:mysmilie_17:
https://www.qvcuk.com/catalog/search.html?keyword=BLACK+HANDBAG

Useless:mysmilie_10:

Alas SCW, it never is!

At the most simple level, they could perhaps use tags.

I think that the Q website seems to be stuck in kindergarten, while many others have entered university (or beyond)!

So many features have come and gone on the Q website. They don't have any desire to produce a great online experience (foolish, in my view)...

Remember the virtual wardrobe? I think that perished on the rocks of the complete chaos of sizing between the different brands...

I like websites where I can put in, say, the dress size I want, or the shoe size... or the colour, or style, or flavour (depending what site I'm on). None of them are perfect, and I do still find it frustrating that on most you can't prune out things from your current search to view the content you truly want, or when you have to guess what the criteria need to be to find the things you are interested in (eg: if a dress is floral with a black background do you search for black dress, floral dress, or black floral dress?).

here it is on Q Germany

http://www.qvc.de/KIPLING-Bowlingtasche-Havi-Nylon-Paspelverstaerkung.product.304251.html?sc=SRCH

about 31 x 15 x 19 cm
Handle length: approx. 54 cm
Belt length: max. 127 cm

Visually an eye-catcher and also practical: The bowling bag "Havi" by KIPLING® convinces with an attractive choice of colors and a large range of subjects. So you have guaranteed enough space to stow everything important comfortable.
At a glance
Bowlingbag "Havi"
2 carrying handles
removable and adjustable shoulder strap
Plush monkey pendant
Distribution outside
Safety compartment at the back
Division inside
Main compartment with zipper
2 security compartments
cellphonepocket
pen holder
pocket
key Finder
Dimensions
about 31 x 15 x 19 cm
Handle length: approx. 54 cm
Belt length: max. 127 cm
material
100% nylon
Lining: 100% polyester
maintenance
Washable with a damp cloth

Is this another exclusive to QVC? Have just had a look on the Kipling website & I could be tempted there & some have a price reduction of 40% - 50%.

don't like the flapping shorter handle with cross body it looks untiddy. i was looking on amazon for ana there kipling and they are expensive

Any ideas what our colours will be yet? Or a price?

I do really like the shape of this bag. I wouldn't ise it as a crossbody bag though, just a normal shoulder bag (don't like the floppy handles either).

Any ideas what our colours will be yet? Or a price?

I do really like the shape of this bag. I wouldn't ise it as a crossbody bag though, just a normal shoulder bag (don't like the floppy handles either).

i know marie is filming something next week for it but we wont know either fully till the day as it has changed in the past after posting ect

Latest posts

Back