Julian Ballantyne

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

On QVC Facebook someone, yesterday mentioned he was on IW presenting. A bit later in the day, I flicked over and there he was doing a show about a garden hose.

I used to quite like him on QVC but he’ll no doubt turn into a screeching, hysterical crazy man on Ideal World.

But he can’t be worse than Peter Simon :mysmilie_19:

Don't know who Peter Simon is. As for shopping telly in general, I think the worst presenters are Caroline Lindsay (TJC) and Chloe Marshall (TJC).
Poor Julian Ballantyne! I wonder what the real reason was behind his departure from QVC?

I've got to say, JB is the only shopping TV presenter since shopping Tv began that I've ever really liked, I like his laid back attitude to flogging stuff, he's a shopping TV presenter and knows it, no bigging himself up to an A List Hollywood celebrity like they do over there on QVC, he just comes across as a really likeable, relatable guy/presenter.

Can’t stand Julian Ballantine his voice gets on my nerves especially when he started trying to speak like the Queen when he is in fact a northerner and should stick to his natural accent.

Can’t stand Julian Ballantine his voice gets on my nerves especially when he started trying to speak like the Queen when he is in fact a northerner and should stick to his natural accent.

thats made me lol more than the tacky flamingo :mysmilie_19:

Not a nice guy at all as far as I'm concerned. Read up on his failed ventures launching his own channels, and how people claim that when those channels went bust and they were left out of pocket, JB goes into hiding and doesn't ever make a statement about what happened, if customers will get either their goods or refunds.

The last channel he owned went bust, and on their Facebook page people were asking for him to acknowledge what was happening and getting rather annoyed that he simply disappeared. Then the Facebook page was swiftly taken down so that they had no place to voice their concerns about orders they had placed. Not good.

Don't be fooled by him trying to be a chirpy chappy. And I agree about his voice/accent....always banging on about being a Salford lad, yet trying to talk "like the queen" it sounds so fake.

I could’t stand him on QVC there was something false about him and his voice grated on me.I felt bad thinking that with no real reason as a lot of people seemed to ‘love’ him & I know nothing about ‘failed ventures’.Where ever he appears I won’t be watching.

Not a nice guy at all as far as I'm concerned. Read up on his failed ventures launching his own channels, and how people claim that when those channels went bust and they were left out of pocket, JB goes into hiding and doesn't ever make a statement about what happened, if customers will get either their goods or refunds.

The last channel he owned went bust, and on their Facebook page people were asking for him to acknowledge what was happening and getting rather annoyed that he simply disappeared. Then the Facebook page was swiftly taken down so that they had no place to voice their concerns about orders they had placed. Not good.

Don't be fooled by him trying to be a chirpy chappy. And I agree about his voice/accent....always banging on about being a Salford lad, yet trying to talk "like the queen" it sounds so fake.

I'm not fooled easy (or at all) and don't suffer them either, I don't know him or love but as far as presenters go, he's the one I can listen to and watch without immediately reahing for the remote, also I've got to say I've never once heard him trying to talk posh, and as for failed ventures, don't know about that either but like I say, presenting, only presenting......but as with everything, each to their own. :mysmilie_3:

I'm not fooled easy (or at all) and don't suffer them either, I don't know him or love but as far as presenters go, he's the one I can listen to and watch without immediately reahing for the remote, also I've got to say I've never once heard him trying to talk posh, and as for failed ventures, don't know about that either but like I say, presenting, only presenting......but as with everything, each to their own. :mysmilie_3:

Poor Julian's been scraping the bottom of the barrel since leaving QVC. He used to own a Ferrari. I wonder if he still does? I'm sure his sister or someone has a beauty salon in the Maida Vale area. Might have to pay a visit and see what I can find out.

The only shopping channel I watch at all now is actually QVC I can't stand any of the others, and as for IW I dislike all of their presenters which means I no longer watch.

Poor Julian's been scraping the bottom of the barrel since leaving QVC. He used to own a Ferrari. I wonder if he still does? I'm sure his sister or someone has a beauty salon in the Maida Vale area. Might have to pay a visit and see what I can find out.

Oh give over Julius, he's a shopping TV presenter not a government spy :mysmilie_17: and anyway, aren't those free weekly papers full of adds?

I don't watch any shopping channel either, just a quick peek at QVC who have me reaching for the remote in 1-3 seconds, I don't watch Ideal World at all unless it's something I'm after, like those Tefal pans I bought and even then had a quick look and bought them off their website. I'm just saying it's only JB doesn't have me reaching immediately for the remote, but each to their own.

I saw him doing a fashion show on IW last night. I can't say I like the presenting style of the IW presenters at all (or most of the QVC ones either) but I expect IW requires them to have that 'market stall' style. Most are probably nice people in real life - it's just on TV that they turn into barrow boys!

Julian's been on IW for a little while. He was selling face serums a while back and they sold out. I always liked his presenting and he was quite personable on IW. He clearly needs a job and I for one would not hold that against him. He doesn't shout and that make him very watchable compared with most other presenters. Sally Jacks should have her vocal chords tuned down or cut out. Unbelievable screeching noise every time she opens her mouth.

CC

Julian's been on IW for a little while. He was selling face serums a while back and they sold out. I always liked his presenting and he was quite personable on IW. He clearly needs a job and I for one would not hold that against him. He doesn't shout and that make him very watchable compared with most other presenters. Sally Jacks should have her vocal chords tuned down or cut out. Unbelievable screeching noise every time she opens her mouth.

CC

Purely based on presenting style I can’t help but think that Julian has to be an improvement on any of the current stooges on Ideal World.

It’s excruciating, toe curlingly trashy. I sometimes think they behave like banshees to get people to switch off and use the website instead. Either that or the hysteria is deliberate to try to disguise the tripe that’s often being said.

Of course QVC has such moments too, albeit not quite as regularly. Then again, I reckon Chloe Everton wouldn’t look out of place on Ideal World.

I cannot watch her! :mysmilie_59:

Purely based on presenting style I can’t help but think that Julian has to be an improvement on any of the current stooges on Ideal World.

It’s excruciating, toe curlingly trashy. I sometimes think they behave like banshees to get people to switch off and use the website instead. Either that or the hysteria is deliberate to try to disguise the tripe that’s often being said.

Of course QVC has such moments too, albeit not quite as regularly. Then again, I reckon Chloe Everton wouldn’t look out of place on Ideal World.

Me neither, all that boasting of eating pie butties. Yuk.

CC

I think IW could be a better move for Chloe, with her naughty sense of humour.

Personally I couldn't warm to Julian's "professional Manc" persona. He once did a show with Chloe that I watched and they were in competition to see who could be most northern. It all rang false to me.

I get the impression that Charlie and Dale, and probably Simon, get fewer hours the more QVC flog endless fashion and beauty. Their saving grace is they (Charlie and Dale) are excellent on jewellery shows: far more watchable than any of the female presenters.

For doing shows which give gadgety stuff a look in, IW seems a better home for most male presenters rather than QVC these days. No way Julian could return when he was so bad at pretending he believed in so much stuff he was flogging.

Julian seems to be as wedded to selly telly as ever, but he should recognise he has no gift for sustaining a tv channel himself. After all the heartache he probably put everyone involved in his recent tv ventures through, he needs to recognise that he needs partners whose strengths cover his weaknesses of he's going to go down that route again in future. In that vein you just wonder why it's taken him so long to arrive on IW's doorstep... Could only be the salary offered that stopped him, I suspect.

Latest posts

Back