Julian Ballantyne nice surprise?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Turned onto IW to only find Julian on a hoover hour, nice to see him again, really hope the presenting goes well for him.

I thought he would be a bit upmarket for IW, but maybe after his last couple of ventures he wants steady work

Turned onto IW to only find Julian on a hoover hour, nice to see him again, really hope the presenting goes well for him.

I thought he would be a bit upmarket for IW, but maybe after his last couple of ventures he wants steady work

He’s gotta be an improvement on the other presenters who are largely dreadful or very, very dreadful.

I wish him well, so long as he doesn’t become anything like the rest of the Goons :mysmilie_59:

I saw Julian today,he was with a very pushy guest selling a hoover,he was having trouble getting a word in. I do wish him good luck but I did think that he looked out of place.I can't remember the last time I had a look at IW. This visit lasted all of 10/15 mins.

I saw Julian today,he was with a very pushy guest selling a hoover,he was having trouble getting a word in. I do wish him good luck but I did think that he looked out of place.I can't remember the last time I had a look at IW. This visit lasted all of 10/15 mins.

I’m surprised you managed to watch Ideal World for 15 minutes Kathy, you deserve a medal as the presentation is appalling.

Let’s hope Julian can raise the standard. It’s a big ask :mysmilie_59:

Nope. Mentioned it in the QVC section, but according to people on Facebook and Twitter, his last two ventures have possibly left many customers out of pocket as his channels went bust.

Worse, the people who were left wondering about orders, heard nothing from Mr Ballantyne and had to resort to the help of other people on Facebook when it came to trying to claim money back. Mr B simply went into hiding from what I have read, and never bothered addressing customers directly.

I'll never understand how he could start a craft channel, have it go bankrupt, and within a year have another channel up and running, that also closed down. How is it possible to go bankrupt, leave people out of pocket, yet start a new business?

Shady......wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. And his made up posh accent gets on my wick. Claims he is from Salford, but sounds nothing like it.

Nope. Mentioned it in the QVC section, but according to people on Facebook and Twitter, his last two ventures have possibly left many customers out of pocket as his channels went bust.

Worse, the people who were left wondering about orders, heard nothing from Mr Ballantyne and had to resort to the help of other people on Facebook when it came to trying to claim money back. Mr B simply went into hiding from what I have read, and never bothered addressing customers directly.

I'll never understand how he could start a craft channel, have it go bankrupt, and within a year have another channel up and running, that also closed down. How is it possible to go bankrupt, leave people out of pocket, yet start a new business?

Shady......wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. And his made up posh accent gets on my wick. Claims he is from Salford, but sounds nothing like it.

That doesn’t sound good.

But maybe he sounds perfect for Ideal World? :mysmilie_59:

I always used to like him on QVC. He had a very calm and informative manner. Now he's on IW, I expect he'll have to conform to the never ending basket emptying remarks and quoting the price of one flexi pay as if that's all it costs, which always makes me turn over!

I was watching him earlier with the vibration plate thing. Although every presenter at some time or another has said there are queues at the gym for these machines, I've yet to find anyone I know who uses a gym, and I know a fair few, that have ever used it. They all more or less dismiss it as something they wouldn't be interested in.

Incidentally, Julian uses the gym when he can. He looks like he keeps himself in quite good shape. On today's show, he said it was the first time he's used one!

My search goes on to find anyone who has queued up, or caused a queue, for one of these machines in a gym! :mysmilie_10:

I always used to like him on QVC. He had a very calm and informative manner. Now he's on IW, I expect he'll have to conform to the never ending basket emptying remarks and quoting the price of one flexi pay as if that's all it costs, which always makes me turn over!

I was watching him earlier with the vibration plate thing. Although every presenter at some time or another has said there are queues at the gym for these machines, I've yet to find anyone I know who uses a gym, and I know a fair few, that have ever used it. They all more or less dismiss it as something they wouldn't be interested in.

Incidentally, Julian uses the gym when he can. He looks like he keeps himself in quite good shape. On today's show, he said it was the first time he's used one!

My search goes on to find anyone who has queued up, or caused a queue, for one of these machines in a gym! :mysmilie_10:

David Lloyd and several other Gyms have machines called ‘Power Plate’ which I guess work in a similar way to Vibrapower in the sense they rely on vibration to assist a workout. But that’s where any similarity ends.

Power Plate costs thousands, the very cheapest model for personal use costs £1350. The models that they have in Gyms cost anywhere between £1700 to £12,000.

So is it really fair for DODDY FLUMP to be comparing a cheapo Selly Telly gizmo to these professional machines? I’d love to know if any Gyms use Vibrapower :mysmilie_59:

https://powerplate.com/models

As have many of you have said, I always found him quite charming on qvc but definitely helped by nostalgia of him being from an era where many of their presenters put a degree of fun into selling genuine tat.

Can you imagine them now trying to sell a toy car, that also has a clock.... and also has a radio (gasps), it would be far too serious.

Latest posts

Back