White Coat syndrome!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
:mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51:Suppose everyone else feels the same as me - what is it with these bliddy white coats - they neither inspire me, or impress me. The only people who should wear white coats don't appear on QVC.

Well if you're referring to Abi Cleeve / Judith Williams / Liz Earle / Linda Lusardi and the rest, yes its ridiculous.

Listening (but not for long) to Abi Cleeve spout on and on and on with her Ultra Sun spiel and then banging on with a soft focus look with her skincare line, I can only say that its not working on her skin ! I don't know how old she is, but she's got the look of a smoker, and her lined forehead is in a far worse state than mine - and I'm 70 this year !
She's also involved in 'Graphters' - cosmetics that are sold on line and direct mail from an industrial estate in Redhill, Surrey

Brissels, I'll be 70 in December and I agree with those you pointed the finger at - that's what I was referring to. From what I've seen on tv of much much younger women than me, by the time they reach my age they'll look haggard. I'm from a Med background and we never got our faces tanned for the sake of our skin. I've not used soap on my face (as instructed by my late mother) since I was 12, using cleanse, tone and moisturize since that age. I can honestly tell you I have no wrinkles on my skin at all, except the laughter lines we all have. I've taken great care of my skin all my life, and when I see some of the QVC presenters at their age, and with the benefit of their gained knowledge which by now they must have, and freebies, I'm shocked at how their skin looks at their age. I probably won't be around when they reach the giddy heights of the age I'm at now, but I wish I could see them in the future.

Yes, we all have our different beauty regimes. I've used rough flannels and even rougher towels on my face for most of my life, and its paid off ! exfoliating before the word was even thought of and long before Liz Earle promoted her cleanse & polish !!! so my face, like yours, is virtually line free, and I don't even have top lip lines (Camilla D of C is the same age, and her outdoor lifestyle has done her no favours where her skin is concerned.) But when I see Jill Franks - who has access to every expensive potion and lotion to man, and for free, have deep set forehead wrinkles, then in her case she should add a few pounds in weight to plump her face up a bit.

I've also worn a bra to bed since a teen, and that too has reaped benefits - still, ahem, have a bust that defies their years, and so I've always advocated that 'tip' to busty young girls.

I agree, Jill Franks skin looks awful, if that's what loving everything does for you then I'm out. I've used very little products on my skin, I'm 52 with good skin and line free, so probably less is more. There's going to come a time though when people put two and two together with skin care and it's multi billion pound industry, and say it's not working for QVC presenters so maybe it is all rubbish, and as the presenters get older, you can see before your eyes that actually no, these lotions and potions don't work.

yes, we all have our different beauty regimes. I've used rough flannels and even rougher towels on my face for most of my life, and its paid off ! Exfoliating before the word was even thought of and long before liz earle promoted her cleanse & polish !!! So my face, like yours, is virtually line free, and i don't even have top lip lines (camilla d of c is the same age, and her outdoor lifestyle has done her no favours where her skin is concerned.) but when i see jill franks - who has access to every expensive potion and lotion to man, and for free, have deep set forehead wrinkles, then in her case she should add a few pounds in weight to plump her face up a bit.

I saw an elderly man on tv who looked at least 30 years younger than his age. When asked for his secret he said he had never dried his face by rubbing it with a towel, he only ever gently patted it dry. It certainly worked for him, and it does seem to make good sense.

I've also worn a bra to bed since a teen, and that too has reaped benefits - still, ahem, have a bust that defies their years, and so i've always advocated that 'tip' to busty young girls.

my reply has ended up in front of the final paragraph above, and i can't move it on this dreaded ipad

White Coat syndrome!

Imo it would take more than a white coat to make Abi Cleeve look knowledgeable...:mysmilie_17:

Yes, we all have our different beauty regimes. I've used rough flannels and even rougher towels on my face for most of my life, and its paid off ! exfoliating before the word was even thought of and long before Liz Earle promoted her cleanse & polish !!! so my face, like yours, is virtually line free, and I don't even have top lip lines (Camilla D of C is the same age, and her outdoor lifestyle has done her no favours where her skin is concerned.) But when I see Jill Franks - who has access to every expensive potion and lotion to man, and for free, have deep set forehead wrinkles, then in her case she should add a few pounds in weight to plump her face up a bit.

I've also worn a bra to bed since a teen, and that too has reaped benefits - still, ahem, have a bust that defies their years, and so I've always advocated that 'tip' to busty young girls.

Yes, you and I have done our bit at keeping skin protected. I recall many years ago going on holiday to meet cousins I'd never met in Malta, they were around my age at the time, but looked much older - simply because of the sun damage, and my mother on the way back home said to me that if I wanted to look like them, I should sunbathe more - that stayed with me and I never forgot it. I personally am not too bothered by the sun, but I can no longer take hot weather I find it so uncomfortable and I swell, and don't sleep well, but no matter what I always make sure my skin is right.

Latest posts

Back