When is Tempur coming to QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think Tempur do offer trials, and if you express an interest, they keep writing to you and reducing the prices.

Interesting, however I think I'll go into John Lewis or a bed showroom and see if they have any. I just got back from a few days Newcastle. The Premier Inn had really nice beds. I also went to Sunderland. Newcastle was without doubt one of the best UK cities I've ever been to.

Sunderland was very quaint - a lot of the people reminded me of those Tetley tea folk from back in the day - lots of old men in flat caps! Everyone was so friendly I couldn't get over it. So different to down here. I loved Concord. They had this little sweet shop with hundreds of big jars of old-fashioned sweets - humbugs, oranges and lemons, flying saucers, coconut mushrooms, cola bottles, rhubarbs and custard, pear drops, acid drops, humbugs, hacks, mint toffees, and so on.

I was absolutely desperate for a new pillow - along with the dozen or so I'd tried already - so when I saw the Tempur Cloud pillow at a ridiculously low price at Dunelm, I bought one.

It's now languishing on the spare bed.

It's heavy, hard and hot. Though when you sink your hand in it, it feels soft. Odd.

Even the OH wh must've been a geisha in a previous life as he can sleep on a brick, couldn't stick it.

I now use a customisable pillow from the Wool Room (sign up as they have good offers and regular up to 30% off days). It has a hidden zip so you can add or remove the wool balls or just plump them up to however you like it. I bought extra wool at the same time as I'd heard that it can compress after a while.

It's brilliant. Not as hot as a regular pillow, and definitely not as hot as memory foam. Wool is also recommended by Allergy UK (which is how I found Wool Room), as dust mites can't live in wool. I also bought a duvet from them and love that, too.

The allergy claims must be correct as I changed my whole bed to wool and a memory foam mattress (can't remember the name - the Italian guy sells them on Q), and I no longer wake with asthma attacks.

I bought a wool topper to put over the memory foam mattress as it was getting too hot and I now have a cool, comfortable bed (at last!). I'm menopausal and get horribly hot, but still use Cozee Home fleece as I find it light and breathable (plus it dries by the time I get back from the loo after I've had a sweat), and a great mix with the wool and memory foam - even in summer.

Back to the pillow. I slept on an amazing memory foam pillow at my cousin's in America. It was the same kind of memory foam as Tempur, but customisable like the Wool Room. The foam was cut into fairly thin triangles so it captured a lot of air, which made it cooler and softer. You could add or remove the triangles to your taste. I think she had it at Bed, Bath and Beyond and I'm gutted I didn't bring a few home at the time. I'm really tempted to try cutting the Tempur up like this and put it in with the wool.

Thinking about it I'm pretty sure that many years ago Tempur sent me a chunk of memory foam through the post and kept pestering me with more letters for several months. Still got it somewhere. If ever I get a pet mouse it'll have the most comfortable bed in the world!

Latest posts

Back