What is the point...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
of Ruth Langsford Edit ? its just another rehash of all the brands under a different name. There's already Fashion Fix, Morning Style, everything else with Ms Tebbits etc. And am I the only one who finds the endless shows featuring trousers so boring ! - dear God they stretch everywhichway, every length from shoe covering to long shorts, they all uplift the bum, la di da di da. So why do the all look terrible on the models ? creased knees / tight thighs / and that's just Katherine and her plumpy Mum !

Rant over.

QVC do love to flog a dead horse. There are so many hours to fill with products to sell, and rather than try something different, these days they just seem to want to play safe and fill endless hours with clothes, jewellery, make-up and toiletries. There as a time when something would catch your interest and make spending time watching worthwhile. Sadly, that's rarely the case nowadays. I haven't watched since the start, but even in the 10 years I've been watching the range they sell has narrowed drastically. Their claims of being like a department store no longer ring true.

But, you have to admit that all the guests and the presenters talk about the various items as if they've experienced such goodies for the first time - hence this is where the good acting comes in, I find it all very funny to watch when you have presenters, presenting a range they've presented so many times even during that day, and rehash their opinions once more to fit. It beggars belief sometimes and I know these days I watch frequently, if nothing else I get a laugh.

That said, I agree with both of you - you are so so right.

It just shows that in the early days, Q rarely had any slebs pushing their wares because they sold themselves as there was so much variety, but now, the likes of Langsford is painful watching as she tries to extol the virtues of a poly top by Attitudes by Rene, knowing full well she wouldn't be seen dead in it.

I have no time for her, but I'd like to know where Peony Julie gets her dresses from. They all look tailor fitted as they fit her frame perfectly, - she clearly hasn't succumbed to the 'joys' of Nina Leonard or Michelle Hope :mysmilie_17:

Do you remember a few years back when they sold books by slebs? They were supposed to be "hand signed" but got caught out that in fact, the square sticky labels stuck inside the books were in fact very good copies or signed by someone else.......oh dear. :mysmilie_17:

I went to Matalan yesterday and they have a great range of clothing at very reasonable prices. Everything was a fraction of the prices Q charge and for every day summer clothes it would be hard to beat after all we don’t get long hot summers as a rule so cheap and cheerful is enough for me.

I went to Matalan yesterday and they have a great range of clothing at very reasonable prices. Everything was a fraction of the prices Q charge and for every day summer clothes it would be hard to beat after all we don’t get long hot summers as a rule so cheap and cheerful is enough for me.

That’s what my sister and I do too. By the time we’ve worn summer outfits a few times, spilt sun cream down them, dropped a burger or glass of Merlot down them at a bbq, cuddled the babies in the family and got goo on our shoulders, the last thing I want to do is wash and put them away for next summer. I prefer to bin them and buy new next year.

It is an unfortunate fact of these times that millions are dazzled by the celebs from A-Z. They all want to look like them use what they use wear what they wear.

The K clan are an example the youngest is a multi-millionaire selling cheap makeup which is generic factory brand, putting her name on it and selling for 4 times the price. I even know someone who just adores Kylie Jenner and bought the makeup and cost a fortune to get it from the US, but hell it's her money and so just had to have two lip colours from Kylie J.

Most big companies jumped on the bandwagon years ago when the supermodels first started advertising bras, skin care etc for them. Now its Cheryl using hairspray and people buy if they didn't then the companies would soon get rid of the celebs.

The rose-tinted glasses of I will be just like them if I buy whatever crap they are pushing.

If Katherine and her mum are modelling on the Lorraine Kelly show, the mum never looks like she has been squeezed into two sizes too small. Mark Hayes puts her in clothes that FIT and she looks slimmer for it.

That’s what my sister and I do too. By the time we’ve worn summer outfits a few times, spilt sun cream down them, dropped a burger or glass of Merlot down them at a bbq, cuddled the babies in the family and got goo on our shoulders, the last thing I want to do is wash and put them away for next summer. I prefer to bin them and buy new next year.

Your summer days sound fantastic.

I too have "disposable" clothing that I buy from Ideal World, they're comfortable, wash well, so affordable and my type of style. I call them my "grandkiddie" clothes because I don't mind them wiping their chocolate covered hands all over my clothes when I go in for a big cuddle, and I've got to say, when we go out for family meals you can always guarantee it'll be me who gets food down the front of it, if I was wearing a QVC £100 plus top, I'd then call it my "diet" top because I'd be scare to eat in it.

Your summer days sound fantastic.

I don’t want to jinx our lifestyle but we are a very fortunate & happy “extended” family. Nothing grand but we have some grand times. Funnily enough most of our birthdays are in the summer, ideal for get togethers in our respective gardens.

I too have "disposable" clothing that I buy from Ideal World, they're comfortable, wash well, so affordable and my type of style. I call them my "grandkiddie" clothes because I don't mind them wiping their chocolate covered hands all over my clothes when I go in for a big cuddle, and I've got to say, when we go out for family meals you can always guarantee it'll be me who gets food down the front of it, if I was wearing a QVC £100 plus top, I'd then call it my "diet" top because I'd be scare to eat in it.

Exactly, far more important than being “on trend”, dressed up/down in over-priced polyester.

I find wearing a lightweight scarf is a boon when eating out as I use it as a bib.

But, you have to admit that all the guests and the presenters talk about the various items as if they've experienced such goodies for the first time - hence this is where the good acting comes in, I find it all very funny to watch when you have presenters, presenting a range they've presented so many times even during that day, and rehash their opinions once more to fit. It beggars belief sometimes and I know these days I watch frequently, if nothing else I get a laugh.

That said, I agree with both of you - you are so so right.

I am amazed that Ruth's royally honoured husband.The pretentious,sarcastic little shi** who drops lots of put downs to darling wife,hasn't wheedĺed his way onto Q.I find him very insincere and self centred.Perfect to appear on a shopping channel and model a mens' clothing line.

Lord spare us from the 'married couple' team. Those faux on air spats fool no-one.

That other couple - Richard & Judy, last appeared together before the Smartphone was invented, yet courtesy of weekly celebrity magazines - and the fact that Judy has not aged at all well, they are kept in the forefront of the column inches stakes. I think they must pay the magazines to run stories on them !
I can see Mr & Mrs Holmes going the same way.

These married couple teams must earn an absolute fortune, we've seen the likes in the past too - do you remember when Alison Keenan used to present a certain morning show on ITV with now ex-hubby - and here was us thinking they were a great team - don't know who cheated on who, but I've heard it was she who did the cheating.

I am amazed that Ruth's royally honoured husband.The pretentious,sarcastic little shi** who drops lots of put downs to darling wife,hasn't wheedĺed his way onto Q.I find him very insincere and self centred.Perfect to appear on a shopping channel and model a mens' clothing line.

The thought of HIM modelling is hysterical, revolting & has put me off my breakfast. Maybe it could be called OBE - Obese, bumptious egotist.

Latest posts

Back