Tools for the Garden & Home 17/06/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ANOTHER DISAPPOINTING DELIVERY HOLDUP

Never come across this before - - - - HELD UP FOR 48 HOURS AS IT IS LARGE ! ! ! ! !

21/06/2018
08:55
Held, large item. Allow 48 hours

21/06/2018
08:27
Due to be delivered today

21/06/2018
07:22
On its way to the courier

21/06/2018
04:53
At the customers local depot

21/06/2018
04:40

20/06/2018
15:57
At the national sorting hub

18/06/2018
20:34
Order placed

ANOTHER DISAPPOINTING DELIVERY HOLDUP

Never come across this before - - - - HELD UP FOR 48 HOURS AS IT IS LARGE ! ! ! ! !

21/06/2018
08:55
Held, large item. Allow 48 hours

21/06/2018
08:27
Due to be delivered today

21/06/2018
07:22
On its way to the courier

21/06/2018
04:53

21/06/2018
04:40

20/06/2018
15:57
At the national sorting hub

18/06/2018
20:34
Order placed

I've experienced this nonsense before - Hermes farm out the regular size parcels to their usual couriers but for larger parcels, they need to wait until someone with a vehicle big enough to carry the parcel becomes available. A couple of days wait max, but any longer than that and they've forgotten about it so you'll need to get Q to chase...good luck with that.

Of course, QVC only use the best and most appropriate couriers!

Actually, it's probably more to do with how much QVC are willing to pay (even though they charge the customer a premium for P&P). I am sure they could get a company that delivers larger and heavier items if they were willing to pay a quid or two extra (ie more like what they charge us to deliver a face cream!).

The Hermes courier at my old address said he wouldn't deliver what he considers large items because he could get two or three parcels in his car for that large one, getting three delivery payments, I asked what about the customers he replied "not my problem" which pretty much sums it up really. I told him no he's probably right, because all we do is order in good faith and pay delivery, so what do we know. QVC are getting worse, it's the worse QVC out the lot, shoddy products used getting sent out as new, not as much choice, expensive delivery and that's for starters, they've really changed, no 24 hour customer service (it's 7am till 2am morning comp has been cut, staff let go so I don't know how much longer they'll hold on, but that's greed does for you.

Of course, QVC only use the best and most appropriate couriers!

Actually, it's probably more to do with how much QVC are willing to pay (even though they charge the customer a premium for P&P). I am sure they could get a company that delivers larger and heavier items if they were willing to pay a quid or two extra (ie more like what they charge us to deliver a face cream!).

Have to fess up, my experience was actually with a Wilko parcel, so I think it's a Hermes 'quirk' as opposed to what Q is or isn't willing to pay. Either way, I'm afraid poor Strato will have to phone Q to get them to chase it up and give Hermes a boot up the backside as they will only deal with the retailer...torturous stuff!

The Hermes courier at my old address said he wouldn't deliver what he considers large items because he could get two or three parcels in his car for that large one, getting three delivery payments, I asked what about the customers he replied "not my problem" which pretty much sums it up really. I told him no he's probably right, because all we do is order in good faith and pay delivery, so what do we know. QVC are getting worse, it's the worse QVC out the lot, shoddy products used getting sent out as new, not as much choice, expensive delivery and that's for starters, they've really changed, no 24 hour customer service (it's 7am till 2am morning comp has been cut, staff let go so I don't know how much longer they'll hold on, but that's greed does for you.

I do feel sorry for the Hermes guys, even if some are a bit grumpy and careless - I know some make a reasonable living from the job but they are mostly really pushed and get paid very little so you can't blame them not wanting to lug a lawnmower to someone's door when they could do four smaller items and get paid x4, as you say.

Have to fess up, my experience was actually with a Wilko parcel, so I think it's a Hermes 'quirk' as opposed to what Q is or isn't willing to pay. Either way, I'm afraid poor Strato will have to phone Q to get them to chase it up and give Hermes a boot up the backside as they will only deal with the retailer...torturous stuff!

Yes, that sounds about right. But QVC could find a "large consignment" courier, is what I was trying to say, instead of settling for one size fits all. In the end, it's the customer who suffers, as well as the Hermes guys who get it in the neck from disgruntled customers.

NOW ALL THE TRACKING HAS GONE

I was staying in today until it arrived, but when I got the 48 hours delay message, I went out.

When I came home, I checked the tracking to see if there was any more info about the delivery, but all the tracking data has now gone, so I've no idea when it will arrive. And this was using the link in my email, which previously worked.

It's almost as if they have now washed their hands about it.

Quote - - - - Unfortunately we could not return any results for this enquiry.

I was staying in today until it arrived, but when I got the 48 hours delay message, I went out.

When I came home, I checked the tracking to see if there was any more info about the delivery, but all the tracking data has now gone, so I've no idea when it will arrive. And this was using the link in my email, which previously worked.

Yeah they also did that to me and it was because they had to give it a different consignment number because it was a large package - of course, Q should now provide you with the new consignment number so you can track that but that really is wishing for the moon. You will eventually get it but given that Q knew it was a large package, they should have given Hermes the correct details vs just bunging it in with the other regular size parcels.

Yeah they also did that to me and it was because they had to give it a different consignment number because it was a large package - of course, Q should now provide you with the new consignment number so you can track that but that really is wishing for the moon. You will eventually get it but given that Q knew it was a large package, they should have given Hermes the correct details vs just bunging it in with the other regular size parcels.

Imagine the hassle with stratobuddy's delivery times however many they sold (because you can bet most people will have the same issues). QVC just don't make it easy for themselves, do they? I wonder if they'll start moaning about the delivery delays on Facebook. I'm just looking forward to Pat's post, saying she has ordered the TSV plastic hedge and suspects there's too much foliage so she was planning to lay it down and mow it with the SunJoe cordless mower but it's been delayed.

Considering it was a TSV this sounds like it's going to to fun with thousands of these mowers being sent out for delivery at the same time.

I decided to bite the bullet and ordered this lawnmower as I could return it at no cost to me if it proves to be unsuitable. It arrived yesterday and my husband assembled it today, quite easy, he said! I can't mow the lawn at the moment as it's not long enough!

I complained on FB, they said ring CS.

I'd already done that, they just said I had to wait until Tuesday before ringing again.

That's ANOTHER 5 days on top of the 3 so far, for a 3 to 5 day delivery.

IT'S ARRIVED BUT - - - - -

Just starting to read the instructions, it says "Battery charging time 2.25 hours"

The spec on Q and on their presentation said 1.5 hours ! ! !

Not a good start.

Latest posts

Back