Claire Sutton

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
Sorry folks, here am I on my hobby horse about this awful churlish woman.

I switched on because I enjoy some of the fashion hours, and thought it would be Kathy - low and behold the Sutton woman, springing at me like a 15 year old - when does this woman ever speak like an adult. If this is her nature there's nothing we can do about it - but oh my teeth, she is too annoying, so much so I've switched to another channel.

Sorry folks, here am I on my hobby horse about this awful churlish woman.

I switched on because I enjoy some of the fashion hours, and thought it would be Kathy - low and behold the Sutton woman, springing at me like a 15 year old - when does this woman ever speak like an adult. If this is her nature there's nothing we can do about it - but oh my teeth, she is too annoying, so much so I've switched to another channel.

She's found a format that must have worked for her so I guess she's sticking to it. I do know what you mean, though. Her baby powder voice is quite false! She's not the worst, though. Her faux ditziness is amusing though...Ooh phone's ringing - it's the auction house! Got to go!!

I am with you on this. Couple of minutes and I switched off. Unfortunately I find quite a number of the presenters unwatchable and I am saving lots of money and reducing the clutter in my home! Can’t stand show offs and unfortunately that means most presenters. Do they honestly think that we are impressed/bothered that they go on holiday, go to the theatre, eat in restaurants, have a garden, talk like teenagers, live in Devon.........? They are not unique or in the least bit interesting.

QVC should wake up before more and more people switch off and sales plummet. Presenters may find themselves on long term holiday.

Apart from the obvious...JF and Debbie Flint...I just can't listen to Katy Pullinger.
She sounds so fake, and that fake laugh!!
I know what you mean regarding Claire, but I can watch her in small doses.
It comes to something though, when watching Q these days has become something of a trial, because of the presenters.

I am with you on this. Couple of minutes and I switched off. Unfortunately I find quite a number of the presenters unwatchable and I am saving lots of money and reducing the clutter in my home! Can’t stand show offs and unfortunately that means most presenters. Do they honestly think that we are impressed/bothered that they go on holiday, go to the theatre, eat in restaurants, have a garden, talk like teenagers, live in Devon.........? They are not unique or in the least bit interesting.

QVC should wake up before more and more people switch off and sales plummet. Presenters may find themselves on long term holiday.

I think the same as you Evie, I'm not at all impressed by their lifestyle - let's face it, show offs they definately are, they all without exception come from very very ordinary backgrounds - those are the ones who blow their own trumpets the most as you probably know.

I've never bought or intend to buy the books - what is it that makes these people think we would want to read about them or their fictional stories - horribly written I might add. They have no talent.

anyone who has seen the IW documentary (from the year 2000) may remember they do a segment within qvc and you see Claire Sutton giving a glimpse of how she really feels about selly telly and it was in a very adult tone of voice/thinking...and that was 18 years ago, so I dread to think how she feels about it now.

I am pleased to see that I am not on my own in finding most of the QVC presenters now unwatchable. I used to like Charlie Brook, but I watched him with Alison the eek guest the other evening and the silly prattle had me shouting at my tv.I would find it hard to name one presenter that keep me watching for more than a few mins, but as already said my pocket is quite happy, I don't spend near as much as I used to do.

I can watch most presenters in small doses, but I simply cannot listen to or watch Claire Sutton-her fake patronising girly wirly simpering presenting style is just unbearable.
I have what I call an emergency "Sutton button" AKA off or over!!

(and her hair is awful too )

I can only imagine there has been a management shuffle in recent years, to account for all the extra sales assistants that have been brought in - under the laughable guise of 'stoilists'. Rarely are the presenters on their own doing the flogging, there is either a brand ambassador or stylist giving it the chat.

Claire Sutton is nothing short of embarrassing, she's so theatrical you keep expecting her to get down on one knee doing Jazz hands and bursting in to a chorus of "Cabaret" she's as fake as Elevenarife (not Tenerife) I remember years back every other word was "wicked!" this and "wicked!" that, then all of a sudden she stopped, which just proves how fake the woman child is.

I don't know if the others will agree with me, personally, even when CS had just got engaged, I remember thinking to myself before we saw the ring, that it would be completely OTT and viola - I was so right, all those years ago when she got engaged then married.

To be perfectly honest the only one that I personally don't think has changed at all, is Jilly, I remember her too well from before she too got married, and to me she's the same girl.

Currently have no problem with any QVC presenters as it's seems since I watched! But I think an hour watching the extremely rude Kathy is as bad as an hour with Claire.

anyone who has seen the IW documentary (from the year 2000) may remember they do a segment within qvc and you see Claire Sutton giving a glimpse of how she really feels about selly telly and it was in a very adult tone of voice/thinking...and that was 18 years ago, so I dread to think how she feels about it now.

Yes, I remember it well. Some say it might still be up on UTune?

What happened with CS she had a baby who has Downs and started talking to him the way she does now and just kept going. There was a photo up on the Q Face of him now and he is grown up but I bet she still talks to him in the baby voice he must embarrass him.

My idea of QVC hell is Clair S and CHuntley co-presenting. My teeth ache at the thought of all the sweetness.

I agree Donna, throw in Chloe Everton and I'd totally lose the will. I'll never learn though, just had a quick look to see Chloe Everton in full Bid Tv mode, telling people how she "had to go upstairs and check with the bosses" because the Silent Night pillows were £27 for six so she had to question the price, saying she "went upstairs to check with the bosses" is an absolute insult to the intelligence of every single viewer/customer, so quicker than usual, if it's at all possible, over the channel goes.

I think the same as you Evie, I'm not at all impressed by their lifestyle - let's face it, show offs they definately are, they all without exception come from very very ordinary backgrounds - those are the ones who blow their own trumpets the most as you probably know.

I've never bought or intend to buy the books - what is it that makes these people think we would want to read about them or their fictional stories - horribly written I might add. They have no talent.

How do you know they're horribly written, Ohno? Are you sure you haven't got a couple of Deb Flint novellas sitting on your coffee table?

I can just imagine the next one will start something along the lines of:

Judith sat anxiously at the breakfast table. There she sat, staring at the telephone, her gaze almost boring a hole through the receiver, willing it to ring. She willed it with all her heart. If only it would damn well RING, damn it! A slight trace of guilt flickered over her face as she rehoused the unsalted Lurpak in the earthenware butter dish.

Today was the day of the auction, and Judith was going to bid big on one of the lots. She was going to take a great, lolloping leap into the unknown - and it all hung on one little bid and the fall of the gavel. Funny that, isn't it?

Then she planned the rest of her day. The trip to the local market and coffee with a friend at Ye Olde Tea Rooms. Perhaps later a stroll along the river bank to assess the level of the water and sigh deeply as she took in the colour of the sky...........

Does it sound familiar?

I agree Donna, throw in Chloe Everton and I'd totally lose the will. I'll never learn though, just had a quick look to see Chloe Everton in full Bid Tv mode, telling people how she "had to go upstairs and check with the bosses" because the Silent Night pillows were £27 for six so she had to question the price, saying she "went upstairs to check with the bosses" is an absolute insult to the intelligence of every single viewer/customer, so quicker than usual, if it's at all possible, over the channel goes.
Totally with both of you. I had to have a look & there she was all sugary sweet & flicking her hair. The ubiquitous 'stylist', who was in raptures over a polyester dress, came out with the statement that removing the attached belt & putting on your own made the garment 'even more unique' grrrrrrr.

I think that routine gets showcased so beautifully by those paragons of truth and sincerity over at IW: Peter Simon and Mike Mason. How dare they take us for idiots!!!

I think that routine gets showcased so beautifully by those paragons of truth and sincerity over at IW: Peter Simon and Mike Mason. How dare they take us for idiots!!!

I can't abide Mike Mason or Pervy Peter Simon, never watch Ideal World now just shop on the website. You can say a lot about Ideal World but they're a shopping channel who don't take themselves too seriously unlike QVC, that are up they're own arse and think they're upper crust Harrods of shopping tv, charging customers way over the odds even for brands sold on the high street cheaper. Today, from Ideal World, I bought three tops for £35, I've had them before and they're really great quality, if I don't like them though I can return them for free, this is something global QVC should be offering their customers if they valued them, with free returns and affordable items.

Yes, I remember it well. Some say it might still be up on UTune?

What happened with CS she had a baby who has Downs and started talking to him the way she does now and just kept going. There was a photo up on the Q Face of him now and he is grown up but I bet she still talks to him in the baby voice he must embarrass him.

My idea of QVC hell is Clair S and CHuntley co-presenting. My teeth ache at the thought of all the sweetness.

Yeah I remember re-watching it a few years ago on a well known video uploading channel.

She came off as having a huge lack of contempt for the customer... it was fascinating.

Latest posts

Back