Tattoos yeah or nay

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know (from my former professional life as a psychiatric nurse) that some people see tattoos as a more socially acceptable form of self harm. I'm told the pain of having them done is addictive, and 'releases' some sort of inner tension in the recipient. I have a neice who has 3 large tattoos on her legs, which her mum doesn't know about (!), and she started having those at a very troubled time in her life. She stopped self harming when she started having the tattoos.
Whilst I'd never have one myself, and don't especially like the look of them, I think it's a matter of personal choice. Obviously, as already discussed here, people have them for all kinds of reasons.

Hate tattoos especially on women.Worst of all seeing someone in a lovely, especially wedding dress with tattoos showing.I also think David Beckham’s tattoos look awful & it seems as though his eldest son is following the trend.

I couldn’t agree more my daughter inlaw looked a dream ..no tattoos .... thank goodness

We had a local TV documentary on last night called Tit For Tat. It followed two women who confront breast cancer by getting tattoos on their surgery scars. One woman said she never wanted to look at her body until she got her tattoo, it was a large floral one which went from the waist up and round. She went on about how she felt like a warrior who fought cancer and won.

Latest posts

Back