I wonder if QVC knows ...............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
that according to Amanda Holden (in her own words).... "when my face falls off and all the telly work dries up, I want to be with QVC" !!! oh dear, I bet the regulars will just LOVE that remark.:mysmilie_17:

Lengthy article in a magazine this week about her thoughts on 'having work done' and (quote) "So, how does Amanda see her future ? Well, she's hedged her bets by signing up with shopping channel QVC to front a range of furniture and home accessories".

Now that's an interesting turn of phrase 'to front a range.....' when we are led to believe by Q that its her range and designs.

Last night on Britain's Got Talent (yes, I do have better things to do usually!), it was apparently particularly hot in the studio so they brought in one of the Dyson fans and Amanda H said, "You can buy these on QVC". I thought she was just after another hamper for giving them publicity but now I realise she's just securing her future employment.

As the latest 'celeb'to join forces with Diamonique she can now add jewellery designer to her list of accomplishments.

that according to Amanda Holden (in her own words).... "when my face falls off and all the telly work dries up, I want to be with QVC" !!! oh dear, I bet the regulars will just LOVE that remark.:mysmilie_17:

Lengthy article in a magazine this week about her thoughts on 'having work done' and (quote) "So, how does Amanda see her future ? Well, she's hedged her bets by signing up with shopping channel QVC to front a range of furniture and home accessories".

Now that's an interesting turn of phrase 'to front a range.....' when we are led to believe by Q that its her range and designs.

Of course there are a healthy number in this forum who have never been under any illusions about zlebs' designs sold on QVC.

"when my face falls off and all the telly work dries up, I want to be with QVC"

Speaks volumes about how she views the current presenters and will do wonders to support their biggest earning range, that they purport will keep us all looking eternally youthful forever!

Last night on Britain's Got Talent (yes, I do have better things to do usually!), it was apparently particularly hot in the studio so they brought in one of the Dyson fans and Amanda H said, "You can buy these on QVC". I thought she was just after another hamper for giving them publicity but now I realise she's just securing her future employment.

I'm no great fan of AH, but at least she mentions QVC outside of QVC world.
I've read interviews with the likes of Kelly Hoppen, Ruth Langsford, Lisa Snowden etc, and I've never heard them once mention QVC, so I think AH deserves a bit of credit for that to be honest.
And, I actually don't mind watching her on Q. I think she's got a cracking sense of humour.

So, what Amanda HoldOne is trying to say is QVC are full of presenters who never made it in the entertainment industry, failed mainstream presenters and actors who are tired, dried up old has beens, yep, sounds about right.

Andrea McLean who used have her own EEQ collection on QVC, last week in Matalan noticed she is now modelling her so-called clothes collection for them.

I am going to use perfume as an example. Perfume company L'Oreal, Coty etc see someone on the X Factor or reality show and come along offer money to front a perfume. Zelebs take the money and are taken to factory asked to sniff from 3 or 4 unmarked bottles and pick one. They pick and that is their perfume packed and released, the company make the money and the zeleb is given a flat fee each time.

A famous one Nicole Kidman who fronted the Chanel No5 some years back. The ads appeared on TV big push and then she appeared on a US talk show. Chat chat chat and then she was asked what perfume she wore? Straight up she said Tea Rose by the Perfumers Workshop and had worn it for years! :mysmilie_17:

Andrea McLean who used have her own EEQ collection on QVC, last week in Matalan noticed she is now modelling her so-called clothes collection for them.

I am going to use perfume as an example. Perfume company L'Oreal, Coty etc see someone on the X Factor or reality show and come along offer money to front a perfume. Zelebs take the money and are taken to factory asked to sniff from 3 or 4 unmarked bottles and pick one. They pick and that is their perfume packed and released, the company make the money and the zeleb is given a flat fee each time.

A famous one Nicole Kidman who fronted the Chanel No5 some years back. The ads appeared on TV big push and then she appeared on a US talk show. Chat chat chat and then she was asked what perfume she wore? Straight up she said Tea Rose by the Perfumers Workshop and had worn it for years! :mysmilie_17:

It happens all the time. I think I recall Jamie Oliver appearing in Sainsbury's promotions. At the time there were "shocking" pictures of him carrying shopping bags proving he shopped at a different supermarket!

One of the temptations for any celebrity (or z-lister) is to take the money and laugh all the way to the bank. Others will only represent brands they genuinely believe in. I prefer that sort of integrity, but I cannot honestly say that I absolutely wouldn't be tempted to take the money if I was constantly bombarded with lucrative offers.

I agree Donna, celebrities just endorse "their" own products, they have no input in the design whatsoever, like Kelly Hopoen for example, she said on air when they didn't have the colour to show of a throw of "hers" she got all flummoxed and said "erm...erm...well it's a...its...it's a sort of..." Dale Franklin realised she didn't have a clue and quickly changed the subject. QVC should have a JCB permanently on set, it would make it a lot easier to dig themselves out of those holes :mysmilie_17:

I'm no great fan of AH, but at least she mentions QVC outside of QVC world.
I've read interviews with the likes of Kelly Hoppen, Ruth Langsford, Lisa Snowden etc, and I've never heard them once mention QVC, so I think AH deserves a bit of credit for that to be honest.
And, I actually don't mind watching her on Q. I think she's got a cracking sense of humour.

I imagine the others don't think an association with QVC is anything to be proud of, that's all. Depends on perception, I suppose. I don't actually mind AH either, although I've hardly seen her at all on QVC so can't say what she's like on there. I know what you mean about her sense of humour - she can take a joke at her expense and I like her raucous laugh (though strangely, DF's hag-cackle goes right through me!!).

Q will soon have competition for their eek. I read in the paper yesterday that De Beers who control around 80% of the World`s diamond trade are now branching into man made diamonds. They say so many people cannot afford decent sized real diamonds or have ethical reasons for not buying them or simply want jewellery which is more affordable which enable them to build up a collection. De Beers are saying their brand of man made diamonds will knock all others out of the ball park but there again they would say that. So watch out Q your eek may be knocked off the top spot which you`re fond of telling us it belongs.

So, what Amanda HoldOne is trying to say is QVC are full of presenters who never made it in the entertainment industry, failed mainstream presenters and actors who are tired, dried up old has beens, yep, sounds about right.

That's exactly how the statement she said, meant, and is no doubt true, but if the regulars read it in Best magazine this week, then they ain't going to be too chuffed with Ms Holden - who by the way is rather slated on Twitter for her own high maintenance approach to her looks (and she's told to get over herself, oops!)

Q will soon have competition for their eek. I read in the paper yesterday that De Beers who control around 80% of the World`s diamond trade are now branching into man made diamonds. They say so many people cannot afford decent sized real diamonds or have ethical reasons for not buying them or simply want jewellery which is more affordable which enable them to build up a collection. De Beers are saying their brand of man made diamonds will knock all others out of the ball park but there again they would say that. So watch out Q your eek may be knocked off the top spot which you`re fond of telling us it belongs.

I wonder if it will be CZ, or their version of Moissanite, or even real man-made diamonds (although I believe these cost more than actual diamonds)

I imagine the others don't think an association with QVC is anything to be proud of, that's all. Depends on perception, I suppose. I don't actually mind AH either, although I've hardly seen her at all on QVC so can't say what she's like on there. I know what you mean about her sense of humour - she can take a joke at her expense and I like her raucous laugh (though strangely, DF's hag-cackle goes right through me!!).

I've just read that she de-kegged David Walliams yesterday, I hope she doesn't do the same to 'Craigy'.

:mysmilie_458::mysmilie_458:

Latest posts

Back