Richard Jacksons Garden TSV 04/07/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Awww come on Julius, Richard's OK. There's worse, as you suggested in your other post about demo's :mysmilie_59: I like the look of these lilies. The plants 2 gardens planters I purchased earlier in the year are looking really lovely and no doubt these will too.

C

Awww come on Julius, Richard's OK. There's worse, as you suggested in your other post about demo's :mysmilie_59: I like the look of these lilies. The plants 2 gardens planters I purchased earlier in the year are looking really lovely and no doubt these will too.

C

The products are fine. I can't say I'm keen on the Gnome. He's been on gardening TV since what seems like forever. When I returned to this country he used to do a Gardener's World type programme on TVS. I even remember the theme tune - I could hum or sing it now.

I like the deJaeger products too - and the guest - who has an interesting voice (unlike the Gnome).

I liked the double daffodil things they were touting a while back.

Isn't it meant to be Asiatic rather than Adriatic?

I prefer the scented Oriental lilies TBH

I wonder if they will mention that lilies are poisonous to cats?

Nah, of course they wont DUH!

hate the dreaded lilly beetle plus you will be paying for those pots and i don't like the colours.

Mont Rose 12 x Autumn Colour Burst Asiatic Lily Bulbs with 2 Planters
Item Number: 517447
QVC Price £22.00
Todays Special Value Price £17.99
P&P £3.95

A collection of 18 Asiatic lily bulbs from Mont Rose of Guernsey in the varieties Elegant Joy and Freckled Joy, plus two stylish helix planters in black with a brushed silver finish. These hardy bulbs are only available to buy at QVC UK and are perfect for re-energising your garden with beautiful autumn colour when your other flowers start to fade.

A real hard worker - with strong, self-supporting stems, these Joy lily bulbs grow bigger year-on-year, producing more stems and flowers as time goes by. They're also an excellent variety for ground cover in your garden if you'd prefer not to plant out in pots, plus they're very fast to flower, taking just 10 weeks from mid-September onwards.

Double the Joy - the 'Elegant Joy' bulbs included in this collection produce bi-coloured, non-scented lilies with bright pink petals and a creamy yellow centre with dark freckling. The 'Freckled Joy' variety have soft, non-scented salmon flowers with a darker central bar and generous maroon freckling.

Garden chic - plant out your lilies in the two helix planters for an elegant addition to your outdoor space. The minimalist black and glamorous brushed silver finish suits any garden and really complements the colourful lily flowers.

Flowering period: 8-10 weeks after planting
Plant position: sun or partial shade
Preferred soil: moist, free-draining, neutral to acid soil that is rich in organic matter
Wildlife attracted: bees and butterflies
Mature size (h x w): 60cm x 15cm (23.6" x 5.9")
Caution: lilies are toxic to cats

Contains:

9 x 'Elegant Joy' bulbs
9 x 'Freckled Joy' bulbs
2 x black and silver helix planters (h x w): 19cm x 23.5cm (7.5" x 9.3")

Cultural instructions:

Plant the lilies deeply - roughly 15cm (5.9")
Stem roots provide stability to the flowers and also allow more moisture and food to be absorbed into the plant
The bulbs should be planted with their basal plate (which has hair-like roots hanging down from it) facing downwards, and the pointed tip of the bulb scales pointing upwards

Growing in containers:

Place a layer of drainage material, such as crocks or small stones, in the base of the pot before beginning to fill with potting compost
Plastic containers may not need this ‘crocking’ if their drainage holes are raised off the bottom of the container
Lilies are heavy feeders, so add granules of a controlled-release fertiliser when planting
As they come into flower, feed them with a high potassium liquid fertiliser every two weeks
Continue feeding lilies after they have finished flowering to help the bulbs grow and ensure a good display for next year
If you’re growing lilies for cut flowers then make sure you leave a third of the stem intact to help feed the bulb for next year
Don’t be tempted to cut back lily stems completely until they yellow in the autumn
Whether you’re bringing lilies indoors for cut flowers or growing them in the garden, you may wish to remove their anthers as these contain pollen which will stain skin and clothing
The anthers can be removed as soon as the flowers open

Delivered directly from Mont Rose of Guernsey: please allow 7- 10 working days for delivery to UK only (including Northern Ireland and islands)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.517447

I wonder if they will mention that lilies are poisonous to cats?

Nah, of course they wont DUH!

I've called them, said that the web info warns about pollen staining but nothing about the danger to cats & rabbits. The lady in Customer Services said that she'd call the studio & ask for this warning to be given out.

actually that had been there all the time since i posted on here as being live as if you look in my post you will see i highlighted that it stated it "Caution: lilies are toxic to cats"

I noticed that. I must admit I never knew that about lilies. But surely cats would stay away from them if they are poisonous?

don't grow lilies i hate the lilly beetle. but people say that slug pellets are dangerous but the birds never touch them they must know they are dangerous.

It's the lily pollen that is toxic to cat. They don't actively eat lilies but brushing past they can pick up pollen on their fur and ingest when they groom.

I noticed there was a customer reply suggesting telling them to say a firm "No!" if they go near the lilies. Oh dear!

Latest posts

Back