Ultrasun TSV 05/07/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

... containing Sports Spray, the 50 plus, and the Aftersun Tan Booster with two Ultralips, according to Mrs Keenan.

Did anyone know that Ultrasun has been banned in a number of countries? Someone on the Q Facebook informed about this. There are two ingredients in the products which are harmful to marine life.

Did anyone know that Ultrasun has been banned in a number of countries? Someone on the Q Facebook informed about this. There are two ingredients in the products which are harmful to marine life.

OH ! Not the thing to wear when swimming in the sea then.

I've seen a few complaints that people have got burnt whilst using it which doesn't fill you with confidence.

I've seen a few complaints that people have got burnt whilst using it which doesn't fill you with confidence.

I was in Waitrose this morning and looked at the Ultrasun (body) cream. The UVA protection was only ++ or +++ for the SPF 30, and 1 x + more for the SPF 50. I'm not saying it's a bad product, but there are products out there that offer better protection - like Boots Soltan and Asda Protect. I personally use SPF 15 on my body as I'm of relatively dark colouring and do tan, and SPF 30 on the face. Despite what the likes of Abbi would have us believe, there is virtually no difference in the level of protection between SPF 30 and 50, and very little difference (3% in fact) between an SPF 15 and 30. In terms of the textures of the creams, however, there are huge differences, with the SPF's 15 and 30 being far less heavy than their higher SPF counterparts.

I personally like Boots Soltan Face Once. I recently used it when I went to Luxembourg and was out in the sun pretty much all day, my shoulders (where I'd forgotten to apply cream) had not exactly burnt but had reached a stage not far off that, while my face remained fine - and with only one application! Brilliant, brilliant product that's never let me down.

For all my criticism of Ultrasun - I've just bought some! The Clarins mineral eye contour SPF 30 I've been using for years has been discontinued so I looked up mineral eye SPFs and to my surprise found that Ultrasun do one.

Like the Clarins product it does not contain aluminium so I thought I'd give it a go - and I've placed my order.

I really hope it's going to be good. I watched the video demo and it looks OK. Fingers crossed!

Under £30 + post High:

Sports spray SPF 30
Family SPF 30 150ml tube
Aftersun Tan Booster 100ml
2 x Ultrasun Lip Protection

Or

Very High:

Sports spray SPF 50
Extreme SPF 50+ 150ml tube
Aftersun Tan Booster 100ml
2 x Ultrasun Lip Protection

Prefer Altruist these days. Much cheaper, great protection and formula and proportion of profits go towards protecting albino kids in Africa. You can get Altruist in SPF30 and 50 on Amazon.

Used to fall for the Ultrasun spiel but I've never met a dermatologist yet who thinks that once a day application is enough. It's illegal to make that claim in several countries.

Ultrasun TSV 05/07/18

I will be washing my hair that day! :grin:

A number of articles have been published recently claiming that 'once a day' suncreams not as effective as we have been told. I've also seen one showing how much should be used, it's far more than Ms Cleeve applies & if a family of four going on holiday for a week followed this advice they'd need a case just for the Ultasun. I use Lacura from Aldi & rate it highly.

I use Ultrasun Face 50 throughout the summer but when I have seen reports on recommended products the whole Ultrasun range is not mentioned.Much cheaper products take the top spots including those from Aldi & Lidl.I am not a fan of Abbi ‘I want you to’ Cleeves, the only thing I am doing is looking elsewhere.

Useful info from a reliable source here: http://www.bad.org.uk/for-the-public/skin-cancer/sunscreen-fact-sheet
We use Ultrasun. Hubby is a psoriasis sufferer, and a Statin taker, so has very dry skin. He cycles and uses the Ultralip and Sports clear formula, which he says is the best sunscreen he's ever used and wishes he'd known about it years ago. He's also bald, so uses it very successfully on his head.
He tried P20 once, some years ago, and had a dreadful allergic reaction to it (and although it worked well for me and I didn't react, it stained my clothes horribly!).
I like the Ultrasun glimmer formula myself, and find it works well for me (very fair skin and a tendency towards ginger!).
I always buy ours here: https://ifsogo.com/holiday-travel/sun-protection/ultrasun.html?SID=5l6h4ikac0dnipt02u90vcfb44 best price and service I've found, and I can just buy the bits I want.

I think most of my indifference to Ultrasun is the way Abi Cleeve presents it. As mentioned above, her “this is what I want you to do (for me)” and “buy this for your man” are so smug and condescending that I can’t listen. She used to claim that the police and fire brigades issue Ultrasun to their officers. Well, my brother was in the London Fire Brigade and my nephew is in the Met police and neither have ever heard of it, nor get any brand of sunscreen issued to them. I don’t like being “duped” or lied to, or given info by someone who hasn’t checked her facts.

Ultrasun 5 Piece Sun Protection Holiday Essentials Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.234644

Auto-Delivery Ultrasun 5 Piece Sun Protection Holiday Essentials Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.237090

QVC Price £55.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.96
P&P £4.95

Ultrasun FAQs
Ultrasun Sun Account

This five-piece selection from Ultrasun comes in two options to suit your SPF needs, with core products in each set featuring the After Sun Tan Booster and two of the Lip Protection SPF 30, plus Sports Spray SPF 30 and Family SPF 30 in the High 30 protection option, or Extreme SPF 50+ and Sports Spray SPF 50 in the High 50 collection. Choose the level of SPF you need based on you and your family's skin types and destination, and let this comprehensive Ultrasun collection help to ensure you all stay protected in the sunshine.

*A great saving: If you were to buy the High 50 sun protection collection individually from Ultrasun you’d pay £84. So to get it for our Today's Special Value price of just £29.96, plus P&P, is a brilliant saving of £49.09.

Stay stocked up - select our Auto Delivery option and receive this great selection once more in 30 days, at this great price - perfect if you're jetting off multiple times this year!

Long-lasting protection - just one application of an SPF from the Ultrasun range provides all day protection - although another application may be required in extreme circumstances - and offers gentle formulas that are suitable for all skin types. With a shelf life of two years after opening for most products, you can keep your skin protected when you’re off the beach and back home.

Can be applied once a day (reapply in extreme circumstances)
All-day protection against UVA and UVB rays
Suitable for all skin types
SPF products are free from oils, emulsifiers and perfumes
Can be used for up to two years after opening

All collections contain:

1 x After Sun Tan Booster (100ml) - this fast-absorbing gel helps to enhance the look of your tan and delivers a cooling effect
2 x Lip Protection SPF 30 (4.8g) - helps to keep your lips feeling hydrated and protected from UV rays. Infused with vitamin E and blackcurrant seed oil

High 30 option contains:

1 x Sports Spray SPF 30 (150ml) - a fast-absorbing, clear, non-greasy, non-sticky gel that's water and perspiration-resistant; ideal for people who enjoy sports and water sports and gentle enough to use on the scalp
1 x Family SPF 30 (150ml) - a gentle, fast-absorbing and non-greasy formula that provides protection for areas that easily catch the sun, and is a great choice for those with sensitive skin

High 50 option contains:

1 x Extreme SPF 50+ (150ml) - offers very high protection, even under extreme sun conditions when high sun protection is essential
1 x Sports Spray SPF 50 (150ml) - a high protection, fast-absorbing, clear, non-greasy, non-sticky gel that's water and perspiration-resistant; ideal for people who enjoy sports and water sports and gentle enough to use on the scalp

How to use:

Apply liberally in the shade (ideally indoors) to clean, dry skin 15 - 30 minutes before sun exposure

Please refer to the sun account to make sure you use the right level SPF for your skin and do not exceed the amount of time you can spend in the sun

Its the 'please, please, please' that get me, and I'd rather watch paint dry than a whole hour of varying sizes of ****** sun tan lotion. AC is just a hard nose business woman with directorships of several companies........, so like the Michelle Mone's, Kelly Hoppen, Judith Williams etc etc its all about the numbers sold.

Abigail Claire Cleeve currently holds the position of a Director (BUSINESS MANAGER) in ULTRASUN (UK) LIMITED, Director (DIRECTOR) in CURA BEAUTY UK LIMITED, Director (DIRECTOR) in SKINSENSE LTD and Director (MARKETING) in GRAPHTERS LIMITED. She has been a Director (BUSINESS MANAGER) of ULTRASUN (UK) LIMITED for 10 years, Director (DIRECTOR) of CURA BEAUTY UK LIMITED for 8 years, Director (DIRECTOR) of SKINSENSE LTD for 18 months, Director (MARKETING) of GRAPHTERS LIMITED for 18 years.

Latest posts

Back