15/06/18 One Time Only Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That necklace reminds me of the "California Style" bezel-set jewellery by Suzi Bjontegard (sp?) there were bracelets, necklaces, earrings in endless colour combinations I seem to remember? Back in the day I treated myself to a few quirky costume-jewellery pieces and a few bargain 9ct & 18ct gold pieces too. The fashion jewellery department seems to play it safe with Aurora, Frank Usher and Lola Rose (if you're a purist). I'd think with the higher price of gold which is causing them to stick with more conservative fine jewellery designs, that the costume jewellery would flourish.

I'd even venture to say there's a place for the wackier ranges along the lines of the old Kirks Folly, Lee Sands etc on QVC - more interesting than Ms Mone, Maclean etc. No one can replace Joan Rivers but there used to be lots of ranges - remember Alexandra Elliott? I know some folk hated Kirks Folly with a passion but it's the weird brands like that which got me watching shopping telly and I kinda miss them!

That necklace reminds me of the "California Style" bezel-set jewellery by Suzi Bjontegard (sp?) there were bracelets, necklaces, earrings in endless colour combinations I seem to remember? Back in the day I treated myself to a few quirky costume-jewellery pieces and a few bargain 9ct & 18ct gold pieces too. The fashion jewellery department seems to play it safe with Aurora, Frank Usher and Lola Rose (if you're a purist). I'd think with the higher price of gold which is causing them to stick with more conservative fine jewellery designs, that the costume jewellery would flourish.

I'd even venture to say there's a place for the wackier ranges along the lines of the old Kirks Folly, Lee Sands etc on QVC - more interesting than Ms Mone, Maclean etc. No one can replace Joan Rivers but there used to be lots of ranges - remember Alexandra Elliott? I know some folk hated Kirks Folly with a passion but it's the weird brands like that which got me watching shopping telly and I kinda miss them!

I agree, Akimbo, I managed to get my paws on a few bargain Kenneth Jay Lane pieces from Q many moons ago and people always comment on them as they are simply fabulous, unique pieces. Ditto for the Jacqueline Kennedy collection, I have some lovely pieces from that which again always get compliments as they are so unusual.

I agree, Akimbo, I managed to get my paws on a few bargain Kenneth Jay Lane pieces from Q many moons ago and people always comment on them as they are simply fabulous, unique pieces. Ditto for the Jacqueline Kennedy collection, I have some lovely pieces from that which again always get compliments as they are so unusual.

KJL kept coming & going & coming & then going again & Jacqueline Kennedy acutally reached the end of the pieces they were allowed to do so couldnt carry on even if they wanted to

KJL kept coming & going & coming & then going again & Jacqueline Kennedy acutally reached the end of the pieces they were allowed to do so couldnt carry on even if they wanted to

Thanks SCW, didn't know that re either range but I do think Akimbo is right and Q is now just playing it safe with their jewellery ranges - only B&W provides any kind of 'variety' and that's only cos of their hardcore devotees.

I have a few KJL pieces too, including a couple of faux pearls and they still look beautiful; I bought lots of Joan Rivers' pearl ropes too in all different colours (last clicks and ebay) and they're much admired. KJL jewellery sells for silly money on ebay - maybe people collect it and it's not easy to source in the UK now QVC doesn't stock it?

AndiK, this is a great collection at an excellent price - I bought it and love everything in it

http://www.qvcuk.com/SBC-5-Piece-Si...dy-Collection.product.234804.html?sc=PRODFEED

That is a great set - I am pretty sure I have it (not sure how much I paid) as I have the Superfruits s/g and Calendula gel languishing in the giant cupboard and I'm 99% sure I have the Sage & Lemon - I remember smelling it. So you can stop trying to lure me in to a purchase, Tarketta. I know your games!

Seriously, thanks for taking the trouble to post about this and please keep mentioning good buys. This forum has such great, helpful, and knowledgeable members - it's THE BEST!

:mysmilie_12:

Latest posts

Back