Skinsense by Abi Cleeves TSV 17/07/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The p&p is £6!! Six quid for just over 200ml of product! A heavier product on a gardening show last week was delivered for HALF that amount. Unbelievable.....just like her spiel.

QVC really have no shame as far as their deceit goes to sell a product, they know the majority of people either don't have the means to call them out on it or can't be arsed to call them out on it. Honestly, they'd say Jack The Rippers cape was a "Centigrade" if they thought it would help them shift a few.

:mysmilie_19: :mysmilie_19: :mysmilie_19:

Don't give them ideas!

Shopper, I do love you! :mysmilie_19:I was drinking tea when I read this & laughed so much it went up my nose & the mug fell to the floor; this scared our cat who went hurtling out through his cat door & in his haste he knocked over the basket of washing that I was going to put out after drinking my tea. Unfortunately it landed in the spilled tea, fortunately it was a dark wash so no damage done. I'll never see a cape, cloak or wrap on the Q again without imagining the foggy streets of 1880s London.

Aw Twilight I love you too. :mysmilie_508:

Apologise to your kitty for me, and thank goodness it was a dark wash, I'd never have forgiven myself if it was a white wash (again, something QVC like to do often) :mysmilie_17: Jack probably got it off Fibby Flints market stall.

I love you both, if that's ok.

:mysmilie_12: :mysmilie_12:

Having seen on Google the industrial estate where all her gloop is churned out for tuppence a bucketful, I wouldn't touch her stuff. Isn't it noticeable how she tries to soften her look by wearing chiffon when plugging her skincare. I don't know how old she is, but I look younger than her and I'm 70 this year.

Having seen on Google the industrial estate where all her gloop is churned out for tuppence a bucketful, I wouldn't touch her stuff. Isn't it noticeable how she tries to soften her look by wearing chiffon when plugging her skincare. I don't know how old she is, but I look younger than her and I'm 70 this year.

Oh, but Brissles, her products contain "lamellar tehnology, linefill and hexylresorcinol," don't you know? Lamellar technology! Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar Lamellar ! This is high-end skincare, she said.

I'm 70 in December brissles, and I ditto what you say. I've taken care of my skin with what was available back in the day giving up soap on my face when I was 14 cause mum told me to, and I can tell anyone with confidence that I'm often taken for a woman facially in her 50s, by those who don't even know my age. Show them girl. The white coats she and Judith Williams wear means not a jot to me.

I'm 70 in December brissles, and I ditto what you say. I've taken care of my skin with what was available back in the day giving up soap on my face when I was 14 cause mum told me to, and I can tell anyone with confidence that I'm often taken for a woman facially in her 50s, by those who don't even know my age. Show them girl. The white coats she and Judith Williams wear means not a jot to me.

But Skinsense features lamellar technology :(

COMPLAINT RAISED WITH THE ASA.

PRESS ASSOCIATION NOTIFIED

I also sent the following e-mail to Skinsense:

Dear Skinsense,

Why during the TSV presentation on QVC was the word "women" spelled incorrectly on your presentation?

How were we supposed to read the information on a study of 33 women when it was only shown on screen for about 1 second?

You claim to advocate the use of SPF against the sun's harmful rays. Why is there no SPF in your Skinsense products?

During today's TSV presentation on QVC why did you use the Press Association logo and made reference to their prestige in a way that strongly hinted the Press Association had endorsed your products when in fact they did not, and do not endorse them?

Is it not a fact that a PA journalist or writer merely included mention of your products as part of a listicle about "10 products of a certain type"in 2017?

What clinical, scientific studies have been done to prove the effectiveness of your products?

How does hexylresorcinal (an antiseptic used in throat lozenges) benefit the skin? What clinical, scientific studies have been done to prove its effectiveness, and where can we read the research in full?

What clinical, scientific studies have done to prove the effectiveness of "Linefill," and where can we read the research in full?

What clinical, scientific studies have done to prove the effectiveness of "Juvinity," and where can we read the research in full?

Why were you strongly suggesting that lamellar technology is new when in fact lamellar and liposomal technology made its mass-market début in 1987 in the L'Oréal Plénitude range of face creams?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

OMG have just caught sight of Alison our resident beauty expert on a Skinsense hour.What does her hair look like- frizzy & crinkled, just awful.Is she trying to look ‘trendy’? I remember seeing her on a show quite recently when she looked fresh faced with sleek bobbed hair & thought how lovely she looked- but this?!Not that I am in any way interested in this range, just can’t stand Abbi Cleeve.

OMG have just caught sight of Alison our resident beauty expert on a Skinsense hour.What does her hair look like- frizzy & crinkled, just awful.Is she trying to look ‘trendy’? I remember seeing her on a show quite recently when she looked fresh faced with sleek bobbed hair & thought how lovely she looked- but this?!Not that I am in any way interested in this range, just can’t stand Abbi Cleeve.

Personally I think Alison Y is a rubbish advert for skincare products. I rather suspect that if she lost weight, this would show in her face and then the lines would appear. Its well known that a bit of plumptiosness pushes out the lines and wrinkles. She has all those stoilists on tap, a free choice of hair products, and yet she still manages to look a disaster.

Is there a particular reason why Ali Young is done up like Baby Jane at a funeral today?

As a Q customer who tries nearly all of their skincare, I looked at this when the neck/decollete super size tube was a TSV (or a product of the month, can't remember). I watched all the presentations, listened to how this cream "schlucked" up the slack skin and how every beauty blogger and other person of merit raved about it. 5 star reviews, wonder product blah blah. So I bought it. Not cheap. Threw away the packaging, so sure was I that it was going to do wonders (fool). It was a huge tube and I used it for weeks. Not one single noticeable improvement. Sorry Ms Cleeve but your range is no better than any other middle of the range wonder cream that doesn't work wonders. Don't buy it. Waste of money.

CC

As a Q customer who tries nearly all of their skincare, I looked at this when the neck/decollete super size tube was a TSV (or a product of the month, can't remember). I watched all the presentations, listened to how this cream "schlucked" up the slack skin and how every beauty blogger and other person of merit raved about it. 5 star reviews, wonder product blah blah. So I bought it. Not cheap. Threw away the packaging, so sure was I that it was going to do wonders (fool). It was a huge tube and I used it for weeks. Not one single noticeable improvement. Sorry Ms Cleeve but your range is no better than any other middle of the range wonder cream that doesn't work wonders. Don't buy it. Waste of money.

CC

I'm sorry for your disappointing experience with the cream, CC. I've put some interesting and highly specific questions to Skinsense I wonder what sort of anodyne response they'll send back?

You shouldn't feel silly for trying it. QVC would be the first to trot out their 30-day MBG and suggest people try the products.

I try things all the time, and although many believe I am hoping for them to fail, I truly am not. There's nothing I like more than when a product works amazingly and is a delight to use. I've spent years extolling the virtues of the H&B soap, and if you'd like a non-irritating face cleanser that won't sting if it goes in your eyes, look no further than Clinique's creamy facial cleanser. If you'd like a mineral SPF for the eye contour, the one Ultrasun do is the best, and for large pores, Clinique's Instant Pore Minimiser is a little miracle. For face cream, Avalon Organics do some brilliant ones. The night cream smells horrible in my opinion but really does work.

As for Skinsense, I'd gladly try their products, however not having any of the issues these creams claim to target, I'm not sure I could provide much of an evaluation of their effectiveness.

Last edited:

CC

Candy, I have used Elemis throat & decollete balm, and I have noticed a difference. Initially it was a 30ml tube in one of the 'collections', and tried it half heartedly but in the end I was scraping every last bit from the tube, so was glad that there is 100ml tube now available.

Every couple of years I post this photo...and it still applies!

Attachments

• baby jane.jpg
    baby jane.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 111
I wonder what annoying white coated Professor Cleeve is planning to bring out next...££££££$$$$$$ ?

Shampoo and conditioner, perfume and make up etc.? anything to stick her name on and rake in the money.

As for her own dry looking complexion..........:mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back