Anthony Heywood-QVC US

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
I see that Anthony Heywood is the newest presenter on QVC US. Apparently 17,000 people applied for the auditions.

The lovely Anthony!!!! Good luck to him. Wasn't he working on cruise ships after leaving the Q?

Oh bum, I’d prefer him to come back to QVC UK. He could replace Chloe or Simon.

he was a lovely presenter one of the best. its odd that he would rather work for qvc us rather than qvc uk. i would not imagine there was much difference. he is very much missed

he was a lovely presenter one of the best. its odd that he would rather work for qvc us rather than qvc uk. i would not imagine there was much difference. he is very much missed

Maybe he likes the fact they have presenting standards vs the UK :mysmilie_17:

Bet the wages are much higher over there massive viewing figures compared the UK and he can live in the sun better lifestyle that perhaps suits him.

Good luck to him.

That's uncanny - was only saying yesterday that I wish they'd bring him back. Shame it's to the US but hope he gets on well there :)

We are always saying how much less obnoxious the presenters are in US, how much more professional the presentations are, and how much better the information supplied via the superior website is compared to UK.

No doubt a QVC US position has more kudos in selly telly land than QVC UK. Better to trade up than re-join and effectively trade down.

Besides, perhaps other aspects of his life are already US-based?

Whatever the reasons, good on him, and let's hope he does a great job.

His profile on Linkedin is impressive to say the least & makes his time spent on The Craft Channel seem pedestrian. I also liked his 'twinkle of mischief' & insouciant approach.

I am sorry to see him take that job, it would have been better if he'd stayed here at QUK, but I can also understand that it will not only be a well paid job, but it will have many other benefits in terms of lifestyle - which I would not be surprised if that was his reasoning for applying. Good luck to him.

Do they have any other British presenters on QVC US (main presenters, not brand guests, I mean)?

They do love British actors in the US, both playing Brits (especially baddies!) and faking an American accent.

I saw Anthony a while back on one of the craft channels - I thought he had aged a bit (haven't we all) but he was doing a great job. Good luck to him. I wish him every success for the future.

CC

Didn't he leave around the same time that Flinty turned up (again)? Boasting about tea rooms in Devon doesn't have quite the same ring as probably spending the weekend at The Hamptons !!! :mysmilie_17:

Always had a soft spot for Anthony. Reminds me of the heyday of QVC when the presenters seemed to have fun while selling stuff.

Didn't he leave around the same time that Flinty turned up (again)? Boasting about tea rooms in Devon doesn't have quite the same ring as probably spending the weekend at The Hamptons !!! :mysmilie_17:

A weekend at The Hamptons must be amazing & if I ever went, somewhere beyond improbable, I'd have a look for Ina Garten's home & lovely garden. I love Devon but would never bother with Flinty's place.

Latest posts

Back