Pet care hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Don't you think it would be nice for QVC to do a pet care show with high quality foods and products for cats, dogs, rabbits and birds etc?

I think if they haven't done this, they're missing a trick there. Some of those bags of feed are quite hefty so people would appreciate not having to cart them home from a shop.

They've had pet shows: food, accessories and even Michele Hope's doggy coats. They're competing with lots of established online pet retailers so maybe they have the market already sewn up?

They've had pet shows: food, accessories and even Michele Hope's doggy coats. They're competing with lots of established online pet retailers so maybe they have the market already sewn up?

Maybe. QVC are struggling nowadays anyway. I just wish they'd come up with something new - anything. Surely everyone's got more faux flaaaahs than they can shake a stick at, more vacuum cleaners than a janitorial depot, more skin creams than Harrods.

That surprises me a bit SCW as it's well known that folk spend millions on their pets. However, I've watched some of the pet shows and they have really boring or bizarre things on at huge prices so I don't doubt no one buys. The only thing I did buy from a pet hour was a little feeder station to keep the dog's food/water contained. Works well, was cheaper than amazon and I think it had free postage.

If they did deals on the big sacks of food on auto delivery and free p and p they'd probably sell loads.

CC

Sadly I don't have any pets but I do buy seed balls for the birds during winter and spring, and nuts for the squirrels.

That surprises me a bit SCW as it's well known that folk spend millions on their pets. However, I've watched some of the pet shows and they have really boring or bizarre things on at huge prices so I don't doubt no one buys. The only thing I did buy from a pet hour was a little feeder station to keep the dog's food/water contained. Works well, was cheaper than amazon and I think it had free postage.

If they did deals on the big sacks of food on auto delivery and free p and p they'd probably sell loads.

CC

the only food they do is that forthglade & thats about it

Ah Julius, you need Mr Jackson's bird food :mysmilie_17:

CC

LOL I saw that when it was on a while back. He was saying about how it "encourages big tits" (!) I nearly bought some - until I saw the price - then I went back to Poundland. I'm not sure which is the seedier - the Rasping Gnome, or the food he touts?

QVC would be too unreliable for auto delivery of pet food. We get 15kg sacks of our dog`s food delivered from an online pet store and they never let us down. Q has a habit of cocking up auto deliveries and of using unreliable couriers and a long winded process when something goes missing and you need a replacement. You can`t risk not having your pet`s food to hand and you can`t just change their brand willy nilly if their regular food doesn`t arrive on time.

I get the food & some medical supplies for my dogs from an online firm that also does pet pharmaceutical products. They are super reliable, I've ordered at 5pm & the parcel has been here at 9am next morning. Free delivery & they're cheaper than the shops or the vet.

Thinking about it, I can't see people turning to QVC for the pet food needs. I can imagine QVC touting those dog massage mitts by JML, though.

I saw some sort of plastic cup for cleaning your dogs paws on amazon. Apparently it is a very handy gadget for paw cleaning after muddy walks. Under a tenner as well. QVC could make a killing on pet products but they need to get inspiring and innovative products that are affordable. Their buyers need to get out there and talk to proper dog owners, not just people like Michele Hope who dresses her dogs up in clothes!

CC

It's just the sort of niche product selly telly sells well - anything that needs a demonstration and that you'd walk past unnoticed in a pet shop.

Maybe QVC should have whole hours of JML products? I personally love those demos in the JML style. At my local ASDA they have a JML section with the video demos playing on screens.

Shopping channels would sell more of everything if they:

1. Sourced products not easily available elsewhere at a sensible price - not £70 for a maxi dress that can be bought in Tesco or Asda for £12.99
2. Didn't try to dress up utter tat as quality goods (anything Gill Gauntlett and Lorna Ko bring to air).
3. Charged one P&P per multiple order (not £5/6/7 per item).
4. Offered free returns via a supermarket (IW do this so it mustn't lose them money).

Getting back to pets, I have visited Crufts a few times and the crowds round the stalls selling dog goods are massive. People really do spend big money on toys, clothes, beds, grooming etc. I do my wee dog proud and I bought him a new ball from Asda for £1. He LOVES it :mysmilie_48:

CC

Latest posts

Back