Opi tsv 21/07/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh, how I miss the days of ploughing in to buy every OPI, Nails Inc and Leighton Denny TSV. I just don't get that buzz any more - mainly because I faced the reality of my far too many bottles barely used. This is a nice set, though, and this brand ambassador (who I haven't seen before) seems much better than the last couple who got on my wick, so I might watch a bit of the launch for old times' sake. I just hope she doesn't keep saying "ortominal" (autumnal) as she does in the video here.

OPI 7 Piece Grease Is The Word Collection with Box
Item Number: 235243
QVC Price £39.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.98
P&P £4.95

If you're already word-perfect on the soundtrack, try upgrading your manicures and pedicures with this Grease and OPI collaboration featuring six polishes in shades such as Frenchie Likes to Kiss and Hopelessly Devoted to OPI as well as Nail Envy nail strengthener in a pink tint. Relive your favourite moments from this beloved movie every time you paint your nails with these shades that would surely pass the Pink Ladies' test.

*A great saving: If you were to buy these items individually from OPI you’d pay £100.50. So to get this seven-piece nail collection for our Today's Special Value price of just £29.98, plus P&P, is a superb saving of £65.57.

Gorgeous variety - this collection delivers everything from pastel lavender to striking magenta, so you can go from Sandy to Rizzo in an instant by switching up your polish.

Bestselling nailcare - if you're new to Nail Envy, now's your chance to try this popular nail strengthener that comprises a protein and calcium-enriched formula to help harden weak, thin or brittle nails.

Contains:

1 x Was it all Just a Dream Nail Lacquer (15ml) - turquoise blue
1 x Frenchie Likes to Kiss Nail Lacquer (15ml) - pastel lavender
1 x Pink Ladies Rule the School Nail Lacquer (15ml) - striking pink
1 x Hopelessly Devoted to OPI Nail Lacquer (15ml) - soft peach
1 x You're the Shade that I Want Nail Lacquer (15ml) - striking magenta
1 x Tell Me about it Stud Nail Lacquer (15ml) - vibrant red
1 x Pink to Envy Nail Envy (15ml) - rose pink; a strengthening treatment with a chic, neutral tint
1 x gift box

Delivered to UK mainland only

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.235243

Awful OPI guest

A guest from OPI is touting a nail varnish set themed around the old film "Grease." She looks attractive enough but oh my goodness, her VOICE! Her diction is horrid and common. She keeps pronouncing the word "collection" as "kleck-chon," and "nails" as "nows."

I'm not sure sure what purpose all these guests serve. They bring very little to the table.

They had a woman guest on last week that kept saying "fornication" I only caught a minute and thought oh ok, what ever floats your boat, then I clicked, believe it or not, what she was actually saying was "for an occasion". :mysmilie_17:

They had a woman guest on last week that kept saying "fornication" I only caught a minute and thought oh ok, what ever floats your boat, then I clicked, believe it or not, what she was actually saying was "for an occasion". :mysmilie_17:

That made me laugh and took me back to being on holiday and telling the lady next to me that she smelled lovely and asking which perfume was she wearing ? Her answer in a thick Liverpudlian accent was River Gorge. River Gorge asks I ? Yep she said, hang on I`ll show it you and she proceeded to take a metal bottle of Rive Gauche out of her bag. That`s it she said, River Gorge. I really struggled not to burst out laughing at her French pronunciation!

Maybe the nail varnish would help with an occasion of fornication? Who knows? I really despair at the poor diction. At least Alison Keenan seems to have some idea of how to speak, as does Julie Bates - apart from when she says "flaaaaahs" and "foeledge."

That made me laugh and took me back to being on holiday and telling the lady next to me that she smelled lovely and asking which perfume was she wearing ? Her answer in a thick Liverpudlian accent was River Gorge. River Gorge asks I ? Yep she said, hang on I`ll show it you and she proceeded to take a metal bottle of Rive Gauche out of her bag. That`s it she said, River Gorge. I really struggled not to burst out laughing at her French pronunciation!

What a silly, philistine cow, innit!

:mysmilie_17: that's funny Vienna, I can imagine. :mysmilie_19:

Don't even know what that means, but here in Liverpool we have hard Scouse and soft Scouse depending on the area you was brought up in. I'm soft Scouse (a posh Scouser don't you know :mysmilie_17:) or should I say d'yeh know worra mean like? :mysmilie_3:

We live in St Helens now (we down sized) about twenty minutes outside Liverpool, just past Knowsley Safari Park, we're still in Merseyside though but here they have a more Lancashire/Warrington/Widnes accent, they speak more like "goin' down t' road feh paper" We do love it here, only twenty minutes away from were lived for over thirty years, but you could be in a completely different part of the country.

I will stop now before I offend anyone/else. :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

Actually she was a very nice lady and much as her accent made Rive Gauche sound like River Gorge I daresay some people often misunderstand what I`m saying too. Accents are a wonderful thing and my Dad was a born and bred Scotland Road Liverpudlian but spoke the Queen`s English like a BBC News reader after spending several years in Canada from age 12 to 18 as a Barnados boy and to this day I struggle to understand my late first husband`s side of the family who all hail from Glasgow but they tell me they could listen to me talk all day as they love my "accent". Didn`t even know I had an accent lol.

Latest posts

Back