Yankee Candles TSV 24/07/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Received mine today. The box smelt wonderful when I opened it due to the jars being open. Hopefully that won't affect the throw when burning :)

I have had two broken candles in total. One was a badly cracked WJ pillar where they refunded me 1/3 of the total cost. The other was a chip in the rim and a smaller crack which I didn't report as I could still burn it. I was very surprised as I too think they come very well packaged.

:mysmilie_59:

I’ve ‘gone off’ YC and not burned any of my stash for months now. The last few, not all from QVC, have tunnelled, thrown off smoke despite a trimmed wick and left sooty deposits on the lip of the jar.

I’ve got a WoodWick candle waiting to be burned after the heatwave, I’m hoping it will suit me better.

I’ve ‘gone off’ YC and not burned any of my stash for months now. The last few, not all from QVC, have tunnelled, thrown off smoke despite a trimmed wick and left sooty deposits on the lip of the jar.

I’ve got a WoodWick candle waiting to be burned after the heatwave, I’m hoping it will suit me better.

woodwick are part of yankee now too

Woodwick are beautiful, the glass is smooth and quality and the fragrances are gorgeous. I always put the Woodwick Hearthwick (the ones with the wick that crackle like a real log fire) on my birthday and Christmas list, a little bit pricey but worth it, in my opinion. I always keep the lovely empty jars for things like cotton wool balls etc, I always find a use for them. :mysmilie_3:

Our daughter met up with uni friends in Cardiff yesterday, they had lived in the Cathays & Roath area & went on a nostalgia trip. Steven Corfield's shop is closing down & he's devastated. She looked on Twitter where he said that his years at the Q were the best of his life & losing his dream job broke his heart. Like many before them I think YC have saturated the market, however, I don't like businesses closing with people losing their jobs & the knock-on effect this can have in the area.

Our daughter met up with uni friends in Cardiff yesterday, they had lived in the Cathays & Roath area & went on a nostalgia trip. Steven Corfield's shop is closing down & he's devastated. She looked on Twitter where he said that his years at the Q were the best of his life & losing his dream job broke his heart. Like many before them I think YC have saturated the market, however, I don't like businesses closing with people losing their jobs & the knock-on effect this can have in the area.

Neither do I - it's the 'Amazon/Tesco Metro' effect of swallowing up everything. Poor old Steven..such a shame things went so badly wrong so quickly. Just shows how a rant on ?Facebook can have such devastating consequences.

Oh dear, he's selling some on eBay, they're from his personal collection & he's happy to autograph them for the winning bidder.

So many questions!!!!

What is he going to do once he has closed his shop? Why is it closing, I thought it was successful? Will he no longer be working for YC?

I'm amazed! Does anyone know any details?.I'm not on Twitter or FB.

It's a shame. Maybe YC are going to open their own shop, maybe in the St David's Shopping Centre?
Perhaps he needed to diversify away from just YC, or just home fragrancing?

i feel sorry for steven he was wonderful at doing the yankee hours and he should never have lost his job because his partner does not know how to control his temper. social media is full of trolls its a shame

It's a shame. Maybe YC are going to open their own shop, maybe in the St David's Shopping Centre?
Perhaps he needed to diversify away from just YC, or just home fragrancing?

YC opened their store in St David's two months ago. We know the area where his shop is from all those trips to see our girl, it's friendly & welcoming with a nice balance of independents & high street names.

Latest posts

Back