Christmas with Alison Cork TSV 25/07/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's usually my way to be scathing about such things, but that's only when I see it from my own perspective. I've nobody to buy anything for. I'm sure if I had any family I might think differently. Personally Christmas in July just reminds me of that impending dark period at the end of the year when I feel trapped by all the tacky, tawdry tinsel and fake sentiment. I was driving a friend of mine, Emmanuel with his son and he was talking about the "Three Wise Men" who apparently visited the baby Jesus, bearing gifts of frankincense, gold and myrrh. So wise were they that they bought a baby some things it didn't really need at all. I mean, what does a baby need frankincense for?! Or Myrrh? Can't see a huge point in gold, either. One would be better reading Hans Christian Anderson.

What did you expect the Three Wise Men to buy him Julius, some Pampers, a romper suit and a dummy? These gifts, as you more than likely know, are symbolic and at the time, I suppose they couldn't just nip to the high Street or Argos. I do like Christmas and if I see something a member of my family would like through the year, especially if it's a bargain, I'll buy it and put it away but I do understand what a lonely time it must be for people on their own any time of the year, but more so Christmas.

You wouldn't mind QVC doing Christmas in July if it wasn't things you could buy in Home and Bargain, Aldi and B&M for a quarter of the price. QVCs decs are expensive American imports (originally from China), made even more expensive when you add those shipping costs on top to the UK. I can't believe it's been almost a year since I said how magical it is, when all the clearance prices, as if by magic, turn in to "Christmas in July" prices. :mysmilie_17:

Christmas with Alison Cork TSV 25/07/18

I expect it will be good for a laugh...:mysmilie_17:

Those lamps look nice, not exclusively Christmassy. They'd look nice in my garden and summerhouse at any time of year so I'll watch to see how much they are.

If you buy anything from Christmas in July just check it thoroughly so you can reject it if it's faulty. Although it wouldn't be too late to reject it in November/ December if it's faulty - it's sad reading reviews along the lines of "was faulty/wrong item but too late to return"! No these factors aren't limited to the 30day MBG! They're nearly as frustrating as the folk who post they didn't return an item because the postage is too high! WTF? If the postage is less than a fiver and the item is over a fiver, send the darn thing back! But I digress!

Greasonal Seatings for July 18 everyone! :mysmilie_852:

Cheers Vienna, I might drive over to Bognor for a look (I think that's our nearest B&M)!

Alison Cork Stainless Steel Lantern with LED Candle
Item Number: 708546
P&P £0.00

Small QVC Price £39.00 Todays Special Value Price £30.00

Medium QVC Price £75.00 Todays Special Value Price £60.00

Large QVC Price £91.00 Todays Special Value Price £75.00

A gorgeous chrome-effect, stainless steel and glass lantern in three size options from Alison Cork, featuring an LED candle decorated with elegant silver-tone speckle accents inside. Create instant ambience in your home with this beautiful Alison Cork lantern - perfect for placing on your patio, in your dining room or even by a fireplace.

The final flourish - if you love adding unique details to your home décor, these lanterns make a wonderful finishing touch. Use the small lanterns on your coffee tables, the medium ones on windowsills or mantelpieces, or choose the largest lanterns, which will work wonderfully as focal features in the corner of your bedrooms or study.

Year-round illumination - the lantern is great for adding a comforting glow to chilly winter nights, or keeping your summer soiree going on your decking or patio.

Alison says : "Elegant yet still supremely practical, my lantern looks wonderful all year round. From ambient summer light to winter warmth, it's the ultimate accessory - you will want it in every size!"

Timer function: 6 hours on, 18 hours off
Requires 3 x AA batteries (included)

Contains (a choice of):

1 x large lantern (h x w x d): 24cm x 24cm x 71cm (9.4" x 9.4" x 28")
1 x medium lantern (h x w x d): 14cm x 24cm x 54cm (5.5" x 9.4" x 21.3")
1 x small lantern (h x w x d): 15cm x 14cm x 38cm (5.9" x 5.5" x 15")

The price above will initially display the lowest and highest priced options. The price for your choice will be shown once you select your preferred option.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.708546

Lanterns are done to DEATH ! you can buy them EVERYWHERE, so I don't care if these ARE s/steel, equally as good can be bought from the Range / Dunelm / B & Q / Homebase and most garden centres. I bought the tsv version a couple of years ago (cant remember the make) but the faux candles were rubbish.

I bet she's making a good profit on her bulk buying from China !

Uh oh ! on advanced orders, so she's not going to over order in case she's left with a pallet load.

I agree brissles last year BM had a large metal lantern with candle for £24.99 they must’ve both bought from the same Chinese warehouse because it looks identical, so that’s a nice little profit split between QVC and AC.

Alison Keenan was on earlier. I thought she looked very nice and elegant. I wasn't so keen on the tat she was touting, however. An overpriced vase resembling a funeral urn with a few lights stuck in it. Reed diffusers. Yawn!

Alison Cork seem a nice Lady, but I would like to bet her house isn't full of the tat she is trying to sell. CR has just appeared on set, so that is me done with qvc for a few hours.

The Christmas tat QVC flog isn't worth the price of the postage, let alone what they're asking for it. I've seen many of AC "designs" in other retailers, like I say, they too must've ordered from the same Chinese warehouse, but the other retailers mark-ups aren't as high though.

Who would buy 3 dimly lit pine cones ? The concept is ridiculous. And why pay over £20 for diffusers and candles just because AC's name is on it ? More items to be reduced in the months to come. What ARE the QVC buyers thinking ? And as for the 35 quid for a glass jar with lights in it - well, hello ? er, battery lights from Poundland in any jam jar can look equally good.

Whatever you do don`t ever mention QVC selling cheap made in China items on any of the QVC related facebook groups. They will string you up, delete your comments and make out you are the Devil incarnate for daring to say you expected better quality for QVC prices !
There will be QVC diehards decked out in their Christmas outfits, specially buying in a tin of Quality Street to munch on whilst viewing, wrapping tinsel around the TV remote and learning their debit card details off by heart so as to buy up every piece of Christmas in July tat on offer today.

Who would buy 3 dimly lit pine cones ? The concept is ridiculous. And why pay over £20 for diffusers and candles just because AC's name is on it ? More items to be reduced in the months to come. What ARE the QVC buyers thinking ? And as for the 35 quid for a glass jar with lights in it - well, hello ? er, battery lights from Poundland in any jam jar can look equally good.

That would be me, Brissles, I came very close to succumbing as I just love tat like that, but I came onto this forum and read your post and decided against it...so thank you very much indeed, you've saved me £20 and storage space for yet more Xmas tat :mysmilie_17:

A pleasure Tarketta. Pine cones can be 'got' anywhere, preferably the woods for free, and for the price of a spray can of silver/gold paint you've saved yourself a fortune ! (and the lighting on the tv ones is not worth bothering about - but you could artfully wrap some poundland lights around your now painted cones and whooo hooo a much better look than old Corky's )

Whatever you do don`t ever mention QVC selling cheap made in China items on any of the QVC related facebook groups. They will string you up, delete your comments and make out you are the Devil incarnate for daring to say you expected better quality for QVC prices !
There will be QVC diehards decked out in their Christmas outfits, specially buying in a tin of Quality Street to munch on whilst viewing, wrapping tinsel around the TV remote and learning their debit card details off by heart so as to buy up every piece of Christmas in July tat on offer today.

Unbelievable ! I've lost count at the number of times I've received products (mostly American inspired) that have arrived in a well packed carton with MADE IN CHINA emblazoned upon it. If arsebook types cant accept the truth, then I can only assume its filled with every living relative of QVC employees to post only acceptable comments!!

A pleasure Tarketta. Pine cones can be 'got' anywhere, preferably the woods for free, and for the price of a spray can of silver/gold paint you've saved yourself a fortune ! (and the lighting on the tv ones is not worth bothering about - but you could artfully wrap some poundland lights around your now painted cones and whooo hooo a much better look than old Corky's )

I made a lovely garland with free pine cones from the woodland sprayed with fake snow (I know, sounds hideous lol) then put battery operated white lights around them and some tiny wooden toadstools that were from the pound shop. It really did look nice and would probably have cost about fifty squid if Gill Gauntlett had been selling it.

CC

Latest posts

Back