Trouble at t'mill?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trouble at t'mill?

JM have really been going downhill recently. Fewer and fewer guest designers now (losing the best): Colin Wagstaffe, among others, has left: postage up: presenters on the whole are so up themselves that they're meeting themselves coming back: shorter and shorter strands:I could go on! The thing that annoys me most now is that they're no longer on Freeview after 1pm. You could see the shows on a smart TV or with equipment which links an ordinary TV to the internet, and they had also started advertising watching on the red button recently. Then suddenly they announced a channel move calling for a retune, and they disappear without explanation from their pm and evening shows. I guess they're losing so much money that they can't afford Freeview any more! Lord knows what Steve Bennett thinks about it all!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Chess pleased to meet you

I like your Post and quite agree with your views......I feel insulted at some presenters skills.....There are two who are really terrible.
    And some lovely Designers have gone too......I have collected a good assortment of items from Jewellery Maker since I found them.....I am retired and have a good choice of channels.....Youtube have a selection of jewellery making Video so very helpful
    Jewellery maker are on there live also.....Steve Bennett has another channel for vitamins called Primal Cure also Gems TV of course.....
    Thanks Chess thanked for this post

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

which presenters are terrible? bet i know already
    Thanks Chess thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

My absolutely least favourites are Carol Roach - her of the massive ego who thinks the whole world is waiting for her to burst into "song" - and Becky Reddican who doesn't seem to realise that she is dealing with adults, and is also so very full of herself. And as for Zena and the way she behaves with Mark Smith!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i think all 3 need to go plus rae and vicki.and as for Colin Wagstaffe he's creepy

Post Thanks / Like

Colin Wagstaffe has left - to me that's one of the big pointers to something being wrong, as he was the managing director!!

8. Flower
    Post Thanks / Like

when did colin leave ?

Post Thanks / Like

He is still listed online as being MD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chess View Post
    My absolutely least favourites are Carol Roach - her of the massive ego who thinks the whole world is waiting for her to burst into "song" - and Becky Reddican who doesn't seem to realise that she is dealing with adults, and is also so very full of herself. And as for Zena and the way she behaves with Mark Smith!!!!!!!!!

I've only been watching and buying for a year but in that time I can see a difference. I only use Sterling and Gold Filled for finishing pieces, these are bought elsewhere because JM is so expensive plus I haven't seen Gold Filled on JM.

The strands have shrunk so much and increased in price, the other day they had a 6mm 18in strand of Amethyst normal rounds, nothing special, that was 14.99, I've never paid anywhere near that for a 32-38in strand.

I quite like Carol & Rae, they not as bad as most of the others. Can't stand they way Zena talks to the camera crew and production team along with all the stroking and kissing she does and keeps banging on about her lovely cousin who started JM (her words not mine), not professional at all. I don't think she's heard of invading other people's space.

I wish they would stop comparing handmade/homemade jewellery with shop bought (Hannah is the worst) there is no comparison. If the gems on JM were proper gem quality then they would not have ruddy holes through the middle ruining them. Don't get me wrong I have had some lovely strands and I'm on the whole happy with them. Last week I bought 2 micro faceted strands one Pink Tourmaline and the other was Hessonite Garnet, both gorgeous and will make nice little stacker bracelets.

Post Thanks / Like

A thread on their Facebook visitors' posts started on July 3 had this quote from their team -

"Hi Jewellery Makers.
    Yes, we can confirm Colin has left JewelleryMaker and unfortunately Scott will also be leaving us on Friday, they will both be sorely missed and we wish them all the best."