Ice Cold Kelly Hoppen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice Cold Kelly Hoppen

Oh my goodness, that dreary woman is on with Chlo Everton touting an overpriced vase in her signature shade of dull grey. I just cannot warm to Hoppen, for she has no likeability whatsoever. She just is so stuck up, cold, dull and humourless, I cannot STAND her. At least Julie from Peony flaaaahs is lively and energetic. Hoppen just seems like Glenn Close's Character from Fatal Attraction but a little more aged.

It's amusing when Chloe Everton keeps trying to speak and Hoppen just talks over her. I get the distinct impression that those two really don't like each other.

Likes Retrovertigo , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Does Hoppen like ANYBODY who hasn't got less than a million in the bank ?
    Likes shopperholic liked this post

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brissles View Post
    Does Hoppen like ANYBODY who hasn't got less than a million in the bank ?
    In terms of associating with them, probably not, however she likes people to be able to part with their cash to buy her dull artefacts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    In terms of associating with them, probably not, however she likes people to be able to part with their cash to buy her dull artefacts.
    I think Artefacts might be the wrong word Julius I think it’s just ordinary stuff at an extraordinary price.
    Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That advert she does takes top prize though "I'm......tru....ly.....pash....ionit" this is said with a gob that could turn milk sour and bore a glass eye to sleep at the same time, yes the woman is as dull as the crap she puts her name to. Some people deserve success, she's not one of them.
    Likes Moth , Oceanfox liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    That advert she does takes top prize though "I'm......tru....ly.....pash....ionit" this is said with a gob that could turn milk sour and bore a glass eye to sleep at the same time, yes the woman is as dull as the crap she puts her name to. Some people deserve success, she's not one of them.
    Likes Oceanfox , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    I think Artefacts might be the wrong word Julius I think itís just ordinary stuff at an extraordinary price.
    I think Ms Hoppen would like us to believe they are artefacts of value, but to my mind they are dull. She was touting a vase earlier that more closely resembled the kind of urn from which one might receive ashes from a crematorium.

I do get that her signature style tries to be discreet and understated, however it leaves me cold - as does she. At the beginning of her show today she said she likes being on QVC because she can be in people's living rooms talking to them directly and telling them how to display things. The reality is of course she's not talking to anyone in the sense of a meaningful two-way conversation, she's merely preaching at people and charging a premium for her products that almost invariably are in a shade of black, white, grey or beige.

Did anyone see her on that episode of Room 101 a while back? Oh gosh, was she dull,well she was borderline OK, but still dull.

I wonder how she'd get along with Julie from PHONY flaaahs? They are both of a similar social strata and both quite arty, yet of very different personalities. Hoppen is the Liz Earle of the design world - snooty, aloof and cold.

Post Thanks / Like

The woman is odious and I am disappointed every time I see her on QVC and people are actually lining her pockets.

I also saw her when she did Through the Keyhole I think it was, and she has to have the ugliest interiors I have ever seen in a house. Truly awful, and she gets to be labelled as a designer!
    Likes shopperholic , Julius liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’d rather have a vase from B&M
    Likes Retrovertigo , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

I quite like her to be honest and I love the way that she refuses to take any bull$hit off the presenters, and how she makes it plainly obvious when she can't stand one of them.
    I do understand that she's an acquired taste though and why a lot of people don't like her.