Ice Cold Kelly Hoppen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Oh my goodness, that dreary woman is on with Chlo Everton touting an overpriced vase in her signature shade of dull grey. I just cannot warm to Hoppen, for she has no likeability whatsoever. She just is so stuck up, cold, dull and humourless, I cannot STAND her. At least Julie from Peony flaaaahs is lively and energetic. Hoppen just seems like Glenn Close's Character from Fatal Attraction but a little more aged.

It's amusing when Chloe Everton keeps trying to speak and Hoppen just talks over her. I get the distinct impression that those two really don't like each other.

In terms of associating with them, probably not, however she likes people to be able to part with their cash to buy her dull artefacts.
I think Artefacts might be the wrong word Julius I think it’s just ordinary stuff at an extraordinary price.

That advert she does takes top prize though "I'm......tru....ly.....pash....ionit" this is said with a gob that could turn milk sour and bore a glass eye to sleep at the same time, yes the woman is as dull as the crap she puts her name to. Some people deserve success, she's not one of them.

That advert she does takes top prize though "I'm......tru....ly.....pash....ionit" this is said with a gob that could turn milk sour and bore a glass eye to sleep at the same time, yes the woman is as dull as the crap she puts her name to. Some people deserve success, she's not one of them.

:mysmilie_458::mysmilie_458:

I think Artefacts might be the wrong word Julius I think it’s just ordinary stuff at an extraordinary price.

I think Ms Hoppen would like us to believe they are artefacts of value, but to my mind they are dull. She was touting a vase earlier that more closely resembled the kind of urn from which one might receive ashes from a crematorium.

I do get that her signature style tries to be discreet and understated, however it leaves me cold - as does she. At the beginning of her show today she said she likes being on QVC because she can be in people's living rooms talking to them directly and telling them how to display things. The reality is of course she's not talking to anyone in the sense of a meaningful two-way conversation, she's merely preaching at people and charging a premium for her products that almost invariably are in a shade of black, white, grey or beige.

Did anyone see her on that episode of Room 101 a while back? Oh gosh, was she dull,well she was borderline OK, but still dull.

I wonder how she'd get along with Julie from PHONY flaaahs? They are both of a similar social strata and both quite arty, yet of very different personalities. Hoppen is the Liz Earle of the design world - snooty, aloof and cold.

The woman is odious and I am disappointed every time I see her on QVC and people are actually lining her pockets.

I also saw her when she did Through the Keyhole I think it was, and she has to have the ugliest interiors I have ever seen in a house. Truly awful, and she gets to be labelled as a designer!

I quite like her to be honest and I love the way that she refuses to take any bull$hit off the presenters, and how she makes it plainly obvious when she can't stand one of them.
I do understand that she's an acquired taste though and why a lot of people don't like her.

The trouble is, when their 'designer' stuff is made for QVC, the 'designers' haven't a clue of their own products. More than once I've heard Hoppen say "what's this colour' and "Oh I haven't seen that', same with Lulu Guinness, great at being the figure head, but when clearly a team of paid designers have done most of the work they struggle to be enthusiastic.

The trouble is, when their 'designer' stuff is made for QVC, the 'designers' haven't a clue of their own products. More than once I've heard Hoppen say "what's this colour' and "Oh I haven't seen that', same with Lulu Guinness, great at being the figure head, but when clearly a team of paid designers have done most of the work they struggle to be enthusiastic.

The "what are we calling this?" question always makes me laugh. I always think: "Don't you know, then?"

I cannot abide her. She is just so cold and disdainful IMO. I remember once she was commenting on some throw or whatever and was pleased it looked so good because, after all, all she had seen of the fabric so far was a sample! That finished her for me. Know your range, I thought to myself.

Exactly Mazza, to admit that she'd never seen the entire product instead of just a sample was breathtaking. Clearly when she's being paid mega bucks to design the interior or a penthouse for some billionaire, she'd be there smoothing out the bedspread ready for inspection. On QVC she doesn't even know the sodding design !!!

Exactly Mazza, to admit that she'd never seen the entire product instead of just a sample was breathtaking. Clearly when she's being paid mega bucks to design the interior or a penthouse for some billionaire, she'd be there smoothing out the bedspread ready for inspection. On QVC she doesn't even know the sodding design !!!

Like many guests on QVC she's more of a figurehead and less "hands-on."

Take that Zooki TSV yesterday. The co-founder of YourZooki, Jack Morrison, is an economics graduate in his early 20s. He has very little experience in nutrition, just a desire to be an entrepreneur.

If you don't want "fishy burps" (as he calls it) then you don't need to buy his overpriced products - just take linseed oil. There are a great many sources of Omega 3, 6 and 9. Also he was going on about the "liposomal technology" in the vitamin C. Sounds impressive, no? It doesn't matter terribly much if you go to Savers and get some bog standard ascorbic acid, or possibly one with a few flavanoid, it's still going to be absorbed through the stomach - so the liposomal technology is bollocks!

It's true that someone with stomach issues may prefer a buffered form of C, or "Ester-C" and some people my prefer a "time-release" formulation (where the vitamin c is encapsulated in cellulose) however, one vitamin C formulation is pretty much the same as another when it comes to absorption - unless you're injecting it into the bloodstream and it's getting into the body via a different pathway - but that's another thing.

I find it quite hilarious how she is very anti-selly telly, whilst being on there. She constantly has a face that says "I am sick of your ****" at whichever presenter (except Craig, she seems to like Craig).

The sandbagging of presenters is funny. Unprofessional but funny.

I find it quite hilarious how she is very anti-selly telly, whilst being on there. She constantly has a face that says "I am sick of your ****" at whichever presenter (except Craig, she seems to like Craig).

The sandbagging of presenters is funny. Unprofessional but funny.

Wasn't it a couple of years ago at the end of one of her shows her mic was still live and she was heard saying something like: "Oh well that's another £20 thou." I didn't actually see it but I remember it being discussed a lot at the time. That's the reason she's on selly telly - money. She probably finds it a bit common, as I'm sure she finds many things. She's in that select club of QVC upper-middle class guests along with Julie Flaaaaahs, Lulu Guinness and Nikki "twee voice" Lola Rose - to name a few.

Wasn't it a couple of years ago at the end of one of her shows her mic was still live and she was heard saying something like: "Oh well that's another £20 thou." I didn't actually see it but I remember it being discussed a lot at the time. That's the reason she's on selly telly - money. She probably finds it a bit common, as I'm sure she finds many things. She's in that select club of QVC upper-middle class guests along with Julie Flaaaaahs, Lulu Guinness and Nikki "twee voice" Lola Rose - to name a few.

I think they bring on those particular guests as a reflection of who their customers must be (who the customer wants to be) on some level.

I find Hoppen is amusing as she constantly looks like she is straddling the line of "I'm this close from walking off.. I don't need the £20 this much"

Latest posts

Back