Ice Cold Kelly Hoppen - Page 2

Former QVC executive gets 2 years in prison for embezzlement, fraud scheme

A former QVC executive was sentenced Tuesday to 30 months in federal prison for perpetuating a $1 million fraud scheme that enabled him to live a luxury lifestyle.

James D. Falkowski, 42, of Buffalo, N.Y., worked as a director for QVC, where he was tasked with enhancing the West Chester, Pa.-based television shopping networks brand and reputation in the entertainment and fashion industries.

But federal prosecutors said that without QVCs knowledge or approval, he instead used his role to embezzle and fraudulently obtain from the company over $1 million worth of money, goods and services, such as hundreds of thousands of dollars of first-class travel, hotel and resort stays, spa treatments.....Read More

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

The trouble is, when their 'designer' stuff is made for QVC, the 'designers' haven't a clue of their own products. More than once I've heard Hoppen say "what's this colour' and "Oh I haven't seen that', same with Lulu Guinness, great at being the figure head, but when clearly a team of paid designers have done most of the work they struggle to be enthusiastic.
    Likes Lilo Lil , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Quote Originally Posted by brissles View Post
    The trouble is, when their 'designer' stuff is made for QVC, the 'designers' haven't a clue of their own products. More than once I've heard Hoppen say "what's this colour' and "Oh I haven't seen that', same with Lulu Guinness, great at being the figure head, but when clearly a team of paid designers have done most of the work they struggle to be enthusiastic.
    The "what are we calling this?" question always makes me laugh. I always think: "Don't you know, then?"

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot abide her. She is just so cold and disdainful IMO. I remember once she was commenting on some throw or whatever and was pleased it looked so good because, after all, all she had seen of the fabric so far was a sample! That finished her for me. Know your range, I thought to myself.
    Likes brissles , Julius liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly Mazza, to admit that she'd never seen the entire product instead of just a sample was breathtaking. Clearly when she's being paid mega bucks to design the interior or a penthouse for some billionaire, she'd be there smoothing out the bedspread ready for inspection. On QVC she doesn't even know the sodding design !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brissles View Post
    Exactly Mazza, to admit that she'd never seen the entire product instead of just a sample was breathtaking. Clearly when she's being paid mega bucks to design the interior or a penthouse for some billionaire, she'd be there smoothing out the bedspread ready for inspection. On QVC she doesn't even know the sodding design !!!
    Like many guests on QVC she's more of a figurehead and less "hands-on."

Take that Zooki TSV yesterday. The co-founder of YourZooki, Jack Morrison, is an economics graduate in his early 20s. He has very little experience in nutrition, just a desire to be an entrepreneur.

If you don't want "fishy burps" (as he calls it) then you don't need to buy his overpriced products - just take linseed oil. There are a great many sources of Omega 3, 6 and 9. Also he was going on about the "liposomal technology" in the vitamin C. Sounds impressive, no? It doesn't matter terribly much if you go to Savers and get some bog standard ascorbic acid, or possibly one with a few flavanoid, it's still going to be absorbed through the stomach - so the liposomal technology is bollocks!

It's true that someone with stomach issues may prefer a buffered form of C, or "Ester-C" and some people my prefer a "time-release" formulation (where the vitamin c is encapsulated in cellulose) however, one vitamin C formulation is pretty much the same as another when it comes to absorption - unless you're injecting it into the bloodstream and it's getting into the body via a different pathway - but that's another thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I find it quite hilarious how she is very anti-selly telly, whilst being on there. She constantly has a face that says "I am sick of your shit" at whichever presenter (except Craig, she seems to like Craig).

The sandbagging of presenters is funny. Unprofessional but funny.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post
    I find it quite hilarious how she is very anti-selly telly, whilst being on there. She constantly has a face that says "I am sick of your shit" at whichever presenter (except Craig, she seems to like Craig).

The sandbagging of presenters is funny. Unprofessional but funny.
    Wasn't it a couple of years ago at the end of one of her shows her mic was still live and she was heard saying something like: "Oh well that's another 20 thou." I didn't actually see it but I remember it being discussed a lot at the time. That's the reason she's on selly telly - money. She probably finds it a bit common, as I'm sure she finds many things. She's in that select club of QVC upper-middle class guests along with Julie Flaaaaahs, Lulu Guinness and Nikki "twee voice" Lola Rose - to name a few.
    Likes mr tom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    Wasn't it a couple of years ago at the end of one of her shows her mic was still live and she was heard saying something like: "Oh well that's another 20 thou." I didn't actually see it but I remember it being discussed a lot at the time. That's the reason she's on selly telly - money. She probably finds it a bit common, as I'm sure she finds many things. She's in that select club of QVC upper-middle class guests along with Julie Flaaaaahs, Lulu Guinness and Nikki "twee voice" Lola Rose - to name a few.
    I think they bring on those particular guests as a reflection of who their customers must be (who the customer wants to be) on some level.

I find Hoppen is amusing as she constantly looks like she is straddling the line of "I'm this close from walking off.. I don't need the 20 this much"
    Likes Julius liked this post

Advertising

Advertising